+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Up in arms

7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road
    I agree. Lefties and non-lefties at the same time would be a real pain with the GC2. I don't believe the Position track really deals to the issue in a big way because the GC2 accuracy depends on it aiming exactly in a precise direction. HMT isn't an issue, because that device isn't really for course play anyway.

Looking forward to returning to the golfing mecca one day..

6 Iron tman is on a distinguished road
    Anyone here of indaproindoorgolf.com. Has the protee sensor pack 2 with a wifi android tablet for 6799.00. If it's all the same products anyone have a dealer that's cheaper and get all the extras.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Tman go see Cory. You are lucky that there is someone so close that you can talk with and test the options. You may like th Sportscoach. I would talk (not email) with the Sportscoach folks about possibly integrating their unit with E6 or E6 2. Anything is possible. You can get the ProTee and GC2 at Cory's as well. I see GSA have a conversion kit for those with the CX to convert to LX Surround. Maybe one can buy a used CX camera system and Getty conversion kit from Martin http://www.GSAgolf.com/technical_news.htm

I thought all the talk about Martin and his systems was a no no. Was going to stay away from all of his stuff because of all the bad talk about him.

Sorry tman, just poking a joke. Forgot the smiley face or LOL!!

Ed Kaine at about golf. Wow. 30000 plus for just the computer and sensor bar system. 12500 for 20 extra courses. Should quit my job and start up a golf sim sales office. Could retire in a year. Makes me sick to my stomach how much money these guys ask for this stuff. Just downloaded tiger wood 2014 on PS3.

pS3 500. Games 50 bucks.

Golf sim 50000.00.

See the difference. Lol.

Have you actually spoken to someone from About Golf? They are pricey. New competition and technology is slowly happening. Soon cell phones will have launch monitor properties!

Have been sending emails back and fourth with this Ed guy. Yah it's just crazy. It's like these guys are living in the past of only millionaires wanting and affording golf sim products.

Hate to say it but we need more like Martin but with business sense

How do I put a pic on here

Tried the pic stuff. Built all including putting the addition on existing house.
    Attached Images

Tman, I have been involved with sims for some time now. You need to actually call and speak with a sales person. The last I spoke with About golf 6 months ago they were willing to sell just the 3Track unit and driving range for 15K. Courses were very expensive. You must realize that About Golf and HD golf design their own courses. I agree that they are pricey but why are you surprised. It's like being surprised about this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qR85Jnv...%3DqR85JnvEIPs. Nice car but you can get away with a lot cheaper. If About a Golf are not friendly or willing to come to your budget then just move on as there are plenty and I mean plenty of other options.

Call Foregolf as well http://www.telecomcomputer.com/foregolf/simulator.html

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Tman,

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get a hold of me. I am not sure what your full name is or how you tried to contact me, but I apologize for any inconvenience.

Bubba just sent me the link to this thread as I didn't receive any notice on it from the forum. (Thanks bubba )

While it is the busiest time of year, I always try to get back to my clients within 1 business day or sooner if possible.

Right now I am taking bookings for consultations, but feel free to call me at any one of the following #s:
    Toll Free 1-877-417-2161
    Land Line 587-409-4653
    Cell Phone 780-707-1443 (for urgent matters only please)
    Email: cory@par2pro.com
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/cory-gauvreau/8/358/b79

I would be happy to speak with you or setup a time to meet at deboers.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfMonster2 View Post

This is my course:

http://www.thehills.co.nz/contact.shtml

Was a member of devils pulpit for a year and the Hills is on a par with that club.
    Wow. Sweet course. I had the pleasure of playing a few rounds at Gulf Harbour in NZ a while back while there on business. Loved it. Great terrain and weather for world class courses.

Tman, get a hold of Cory? Foregolf? I spoke with th folks at About Golf today. As I remembered you can ge the AgStudio for about 12500 but no courses. Adding the courses bumps up the price but you can negotiate with them a little. Bottom line is that they do sell it with just the cam unit and software but it still ain't cheap!

Yah that's crazy hey just for the AG Studio. Played phone tag with Cory today. He's a busy man this time of year. Thinking foregolf is gonna be like aboutgolf. Maybe try calling them tomorrow.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Hey you should try calling someone in my town today. Melbourne Cup.Horse race for those that don't know. They call it the race that stops the nation.

Just watched a youtube for Foregolf. Every shot the guy takes looks, well outside to in. I would think it should be slicing bad but ball goes straight. That's what I really don't want as muscle memory for 6 months of snow could be harmful on the real game for sure

If it is the one I watched the second guy closed club face at impact to draw but I agree about the first guy

Post links guys.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFTyDa9nQE

Hopefull I did it right and this is it.

He's definitely coming out to in due to his over the top move. Can't tell what his club face is but based on his path you would expect a slice. If his club face is closed then the shot shape may be true! Bottom line is you need to spend some time testing a sim and see if it fits your personal shot shape.

Tman did you see Cory yet? Try the Sportscoach and GC2?

We keep playing phone tag. Here is how I see it. All good things have been said on here about the protee and the price is right. The sport coach seems good but dated graphics. The GC2 is high priced with below average putting and no courses. I hit a few on the sprortscoach at a golf shop here in edmonton and seemed ok. Liked the idea of no mat to hit from which means no sub floor. But again 5000 more for less.

Isn't the GC2 in your price range?

We'll the system is but when you have to start spending 1200 a shot for some courses and switch the machine from side to side for left and right golfers and the putting is low end seems crazy to look at buying the machine.

Go try before you dismiss. Perhaps CPA and others can recommend the best course packages. In fact I think there is a thread on that?

10000 for the GC2. 5000 for hmt. 1200 course package then still only have 22. And the putting issue. Seems like 16200 just for this. Still need screen and flooring ,computer. Up to 20000 just for the basics though.

Champions pack.
    GC2 does not have below average putting. Most don't have any putting. I just think putting on a sim is not close to real.

Don't need HMT unless you are desperate for club data then I suggest get swing byte or just go Protee and put up with the mat.

I wouldnt get wrapped up with the putting. I do think the Protee putting is as good as it gets but the GC2 is fine for putting. HMT not needed. Are you that stuck on needing club data?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Tman, I assume you were at Deboers. Thats where I went and ended up picking up Cory's GC2 and testing out my new irons. Still fooling with settings and getting it set up in my shop. I am using the older software where it tells you how hard to hit the putt and gives the hint line. I was telling Cory I was used to the P3pro and could swing the putter to hit a 4.5 mph putt speed. Reason for that was I researched how fast a ball rolls off a stimp meter and I think I found it to be 4.5 mph and with that you can test out the greens speed by how far the ball rolls on a flat area. 8 feet is a stimp of 8, 10 feet a stimp of 10. Anyway long story short, I hit the putt on the GC2 and when it showed the ball speed it said right around the 4.5 mph ball speed. So with their turf on the hitting matt it came off feeling not bad with knowing how hard you needed to swing.

Now I have not tested too much yet but now what ever surface you putt over might change the read the GC2 gets with the first few inches of roll that it reads. I assume that if you putt off a board (flat smooth surface) the roll would be faster off the putter for that first foot where the GC2 would have read the ball info and possible may show a faster ball speed than if you putt off a slower surface and get a slower read. So I need to play with the putting yet. I just like the setup with the GC2 and how you can just grab it a go anywhere with it and hit off any surface so you can simulate sand, rough, or fairway if you have the turf to do it with.

I am trying to set it up with the p3pro pad in the hitting zone and see feedback for both the GC2 and p3pro. Can use the P3pro for club data and the GC2 for ball data. By the way I have a couple extra P3pro's if you want to get your feet wet first for cheap. On the GC2 it was great to see the ball spin generated with my new to me wedges (Volkey) compared to my old PW. Shorter shots were backing up a bit or stopping quick.

Thread Information