CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Up in arms

6 Iron tman is on a distinguished road
    Any thoughts on sports coach? The camera system seems accurate just the graphics are dated. No ball or club marking needed but does the software make up for this?

Also I was looking at the protee second camera and is it a PS3 motion camera? Sure looks like it.

7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road
    Anybody have experience with the GC2 vs. Pro tee. I have GC2 simulator but always looking to improve my system. Would Pro tee add any major benefits?

How is the GC2 to use. Not much for courses offered when you purchase. Not sure I like the idea of a floor sitting system.

Haven't compared to anything else so can't really comment. Very accurate but putting could be better. No good for simultaneous right and left hand play.

I am a practice junkie. Still haven't played more than a few holes in one session so I guess good for me.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I have experience. See my compare thread. Post your questions there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    I have experience. See my compare thread. Post your questions there.
    Sorry.....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Any thoughts on sports coach? The camera system seems accurate just the graphics are dated. No ball or club marking needed but does the software make up for this?

Also I was looking at the protee second camera and is it a PS3 motion camera? Sure looks like it.
    TMan the cameras are both machine vision high speed cameras. The original development by ProTee was using the Sony Webcam. They have long since switched to machine vision cameras.

Thanks. Just have to get passed the sensor pad scare. Gonna call Cory Monday and see if he harps this system setup to try. I see the putting pad is not covered. Does that not make the ball bounce over it I wonder. Be a huge benefit if Cory has one setup somewhere. Sub floor still kind of bugs me as will have a 2or3 inch lip going into that room from the main basement room.

Your making too much of the sensor. No one else has an issue with it. the putting sensor works much better if it is covered by turf. It is as good as any system I have putted on. The total height of my sensor/ stance mat is 2 inches. No biggie. The sensor pad gives you the club data and allows for spin estimation. The ProTee has actually been tweaked with the GC2 for ball speed and spin. It's by no means perfect but pretty damn good, and I have tested almost every system type out there. The real work is in setting it up and keeping up with their updates. Luckily there are plenty of experts here!

Read the whole thread about GC2 vs Protee. Apart from cost, seems Pro tee doesn't offer any significant advantage except for maybe slightly better putting? Or is that significantly better putting?

Experts. That for sure. I am blessed to have stumbled across this site and have been very pleased with all the info,expertise and help from here.

So did you build a subfloor for the whole room or just the hitting area?

Golf you have a great setup and an awesome system in the GC2 with HMT. It is accurate and most would kill for it. The ProTee is a great system at a lower price point than the GC2. ZMax had both the ProTee and the GC2. ProTee themselves have a GC2 and a Vector Pro that they use for tuning as well. The putting on the ProTee is great. As well there is online play. I am not sure you need to get a ProTee?

Experts. That for sure. I am blessed to have stumbled across this site and have been very pleased with all the info,expertise and help from here.

So did you build a subfloor for the whole room or just the hitting area?
    My mat goes from the hitting area to my screen. The floor build is easy. Have you not read ZMax or the others describing the approach to the ProTee flooring?

New to this site. Is there an easy way to go to there threads

New to this site. Is there an easy way to go to there threads

Not an easy way. Just type keywords into the search field, or search by user.

Bubba, thanks. I think online play would be a major for folks that live in climates where they can't play outside for > 3 months. For me living in a temperate climate, the online isn't too much of an issue. And I am also a practice junkie so, alas, I can't improve on my system too much yet.......!

Nope Golf. Your system is great! Online play is pretty cool though. There are folks like Ping that play online even though he can play outdoors all year. The online adds that element of competition just like playing on club C's. Only will make you a better player.

For every 4 hour round I play (1/week), I practice about 8 hours. If you believe the 3000-5000 repetition rule, I think I need to practice that much to improve my game on the course

Here is ZMax setup with GSA which I assume is similair to his ProTee. http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...mulator/page11. I just assume that it is easy to look these things up but I guises there is lots of info here. Those that have been here from day 1 like ZMax have probably read every thread here and just remembers the different posts. Happy reading!

Quote Originally Posted by GolfMonster2 View Post
    For every 4 hour round I play (1/week), I practice about 8 hours. If you believe the 3000-5000 repetition rule, I think I need to practice that much to improve my game on the course
    Holy Batman Golf, you are a monster! What's your cap?

That is purely swing grooving and putting practice routines etc

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Holy Batman Golf, you are a monster! What's your cap?
    Cap??

Handicap.

Handicap.

10 years ago, scratch briefly. That year I submitted 150 cards in one year. Shot 3 under in in 72 hole amat competition. Low singles for about 5 years. Twins 8 years ago stopped playing for 6 years. Back 2 years ago - peaked at 12. Now 6. Age 48.

Awesome. I play to a a 4. Your a good player. Keep up that work and scratch is not far away. That short game is the difference. Your system should help 4 sure.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfMonster2 View Post
    Read the whole thread about GC2 vs Protee. Apart from cost, seems Pro tee doesn't offer any significant advantage except for maybe slightly better putting? Or is that significantly better putting?
    The putting is much better. The surface can be whatever you want as long as it's dark. With the GC2, you have to putt at the hitting area unless you want to move the GC2. It's still simulated putting but I think it's best in town in terms of accuracy and feel.

Also, having nearly all the courses is pretty cool, especially for online play. New ones are always free. And as bubba22 mentioned, E6 II will be an option once it's finished. I don't see that happening with Foresight.

The GC2's big advantage, aside from the obvious portability and no setup, is the back spin data. This comes in handy if you want to maximize your driver distance. Otherwise, it's trial/error on the golf course.

Awesome. I play to a a 4. Your a good player. Keep up that work and scratch is not far away.
    Not sure I agree - given ALL cards are entered, there is a huge difference between scratch and 4-6. Simulator has been fantastic investment. Get home earlier from work (no driving range) and spend time with kids as know I can practice in evening. Much more solid practice time.

This is my course:

http://www.thehills.co.nz/contact.shtml

Was a member of devils pulpit for a year and the Hills is on a par with that club.

Absolutely drooling looking at your course. Devils pulpit in Ontario?

Absolutely drooling looking at your course. Devils pulpit in Ontario?
    Correct. Best year of my life which included a 3 month stint between jobs. Get up, drive to DP. Hit range at about 9. 18 holes. Practice some more. Drive back to downtown Toronto. Go to pub - have a some pints - have dinner. Then back home to watch GChannel. Then do it all over again next day!

That's awesome. Gret track. By the way the HMT can't be used with righties and lefties easily? Just righties at your place. Jealous about your 3 months in Canuck land!

Thread Information