100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Up in arms

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    He was sick the day we where suppose to hook up. Then I got sick so hope early next week to chat again. I've tried the two systems he has at the golf store and don't think I care for them. Not sure what now but I'll still call and talk to him again as he seems like a priceless piece of info and great to talk to.
    What 2 systems did you try?

6 Iron tman is on a distinguished road
    The sports coach but one camera was down and full swing I believe. The sports coach has very old golf graphics and for it to give true ball and club data with one camera down seemed a little far fetched. The other had two full sensor bars around the room. No club area sensors at all.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    I am not a sportscoach fan.
    Try his protee GC2 and swingbyte2.

I agree about Sportscoach. It's the old GPS software. Try the GC2 and ProTee. Until the target line comes out for swingbyte, I would wait. So far I have not been impressed with the data from Swingbyte2.

Protee graphics look about the same as sports coach. Is that GC2 with swingbyte? Not much into the swingbyte idea as you would have to change them with every club I think.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Protee graphics look about the same as sports coach. Is that GC2 with swingbyte? Not much into the swingbyte idea as you would have to change them with every club I think.
    Where did you use the Protee? Some are plain looking but most are much better than sports coach. Augusta is beautiful.

Gc2 uses the red chain graphics as Protee.

ProTee and Sportscoach are much different in graphics. Proteeis Redchainas is GC2. Sportscoach is the older GPS software. ProTee will soon be offering the E6-ii if it comes out in the next month.

Sorry was just going by all the youtube vids and stuff. Hopping Cory has that system set up somewhere to try next week.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Sorry was just going by all the youtube vids and stuff. Hopping Cory has that system set up somewhere to try next week.
    Yeah, YouTube can lie. The E6 looked good on YouTube but sucked on a big screen. Red chain is much better.

Ask Cory if his Protee has the h-cam installed.

Do try the GC2 as well. The software is Red Chain but also there is an entertainment software.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Swingbyte would only be for coaching mode. No changing clubs all the time.

Figured I had more questions so I would move to my own thred. The GC2 is something everyone is talking about but one thing that bugs me is that with there sim package they give you one course and the machine for 10000. One course? All other company's give what seems 40 plus. Then they want 1200 dollars for 13 additional courses and so on. They all seem to have some catch or spin on it to get more money out of you.

Your right. The GC2 is pricey and the rip you off on courses. Why not persue the About Golf?

I sent them another email tonight so probably have to wait till next week to get a reply. But at 18000 the GC2 and a couple course packages and you could save thousands. That's what I mean about frustration. There is no rhyme or reason to there pricing. What makes aboutgolf so much better than the others and ask so much more. The day of electronics are here and you can by a swingbyte for 149 dollars that after reading about it is as accurate and works as what seems as good as golf sim club data by all the big dogs.

Slow down now tman. Let's not compare a Swingbyte and the About golf system. I have the Swingbyte and so far am not impressed. however for the price it ok. My advice is that you call, not email, About golf to actually talk to a sales rep. I agree with you but it's no different than comparing a Ford Focus and a Porsche Cayenne! Are you frustrated about car choices as well!

My comparison was just in regards to data captured by the two versus the price of each. For thousands of dollars aboutgolf better be or seem better lol. At least if I was looking for a car the price would be equivalent to what your getting.

Bringing up the car is a good point. The technology and the building process and all the hands and people,and work that goes into building a car and you can buy one for the same price or cheaper than a golf sim. I know they sell thousands of cars in the world and golf sims not so much but does that give all these company's a licence to screw everyone for there high profit take in?

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Hate to break it to you but the about golf system requires the balls be marked to do spin. I think we all agree that the price for all this stuff is wtf? Why do they charge that much? Because they can! Now I just don't get foresight with their course prices. Simulators is not their primary market. They focus on club fitting. I think this a mistake on their part though. I think they could quadruple their sales if the full course list was affordable. We can rant all we want about it but it won't change.

I agree. Trust me when I say that there will b a few launch units that will be coming out very soon. The market needs it. For example http://flightscope.com/products/flightscope-xi/ There are other units soon to come as well. Mm is right in that the About golf is mor accurate with marked balls. It will work with unmarked balls but the spin measurement I not a good. For the price an what you get, the ProTee is darn good!

Only couple issues I see with protee is that you need a subfloor and it's a sensor mat. I think I am kind of sold on the high speed camera systems and hope I am not fooling myself on them. Just tough to find one that fills the need for a descent price.

Remember ProTee has 2 cameras for ball measurement. The sensor are simply in the mat. Club measurement is good. Is it perfect? No, nothing is perfect. Remember th sensor is a shadow based system, quite different than the reflective senors. Why so negative on sensors? Have you tried Foregolf?

I watched two guys playing at shanks on there foregolf full swing simulators and watched two guys frustrated with how it dropped shots and terrible for putting. On Cory,s web site the protee has one camera,one hitting pad and one putting pad.

ProTee has 2 cameras. One for launch angle (vcam) and one for horizontal azimuth (Hcam). The main club sensor and an awesome putting sensor. I think the putting sensor is as good as it gets for simulated putting.

Free Impact Screen!
    IR Shadow Club & Ball Sensor, Launch Angle Camera, and Putting Sensor
    Includes 94 Courses, Online Play, Competitions, and Driving Ranges
    No Club Tape Needed!
    This shows only one right?

Ah. I see now what the extra pull down menu is for an extra 530 dollars you get the hcam So,if this is a two camera system is it the same as sports coach but then has shadow sensor mat for more info? You have to have a sub floor to right?

Software is Red Chain. System is accurate but needs good setup. Different than Sportscoach.

7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road
    Figured I had more questions so I would move to my own thred. The GC2 is something everyone is talking about but one thing that bugs me is that with there sim package they give you one course and the machine for 10000. One course? All other company's give what seems 40 plus. Then they want 1200 dollars for 13 additional courses and so on. They all seem to have some catch or spin on it to get more money out of you.
    The other argument is that GC2 is a LM first and sim second. Some don't want to have to pay for courses they won't use. Much of what you pay for is someones clever idea and R&D.

7 Iron THARN is on a distinguished road THARN's Avatar
    t man- I too have had a room built -just to put a golf sim into- I have read and looked into all of them-
    all of them have their pros and cons- gc2 easy set up- not many courses- way too much money for extra courses- not good putting.
    tru golf- easy set up- not enough sensors- basically a high priced arcade system- but with great graphics- no putting sensor.
    xgolf- graphics look cheesy but it has a moving plate that allows for sidehill lies- very expensive.
    pro tee- to me- the pro tee gives you the best bang for your buck- I enjoy putting as much as approach shots- you can buy an upgrade to the graphics software too-using the same one as tru golf- called E6.
    94 courses- over head cam/side cam/shadow based sensor- with the full system and extra stuff like hitting mat and protective net- you can spend around 8,800$ US add the e6 software for 3k and you should be happy- nothing is going to be like real golf-
    if you need a computer and high def projector- well thats about 1,600- still under your $15,000
    remember the gc2-- if you have a lefty playing with a righty- youll have to turn the sensor around every time- i did see a product you can get though that allows for easy swivel.
    Im going with the pro tee myself- going to order tomorrow.

Let me add this Tharn, The Red Chain courses are much better than E6. you will like Red Chain. Plus any new Red Chain course developed is free! The new E62 will hopefully be out soon. ProTee will have it available, not sure the price but I know it will be reasonable priced by ProTee. My advice is just get the standard ProTee courses and wait for the potential E6-2.

7 Iron THARN is on a distinguished road THARN's Avatar
    roger that Bubba- It was never an option for me to pay that kind of money for software and courses- I was only mentioning it to tman because his initial amount is 15 k- Playing tiger woods 08 on the pc for years and seeing the awesome free courses available that users have made put me in the right perspective. same reason ive stayed away from the gc2- once they have the software- courses should not be 500$ a chunk- i think that particular pricing is because they are shooting for the business side- not the home user- im not charging 25$ an hour for my friends to play golf at my house-

Agree Tharn. Once up and going we'll have to play some online matches!

Thread Information