+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Up in arms

6 Iron tman is on a distinguished road

Up in arms

So confused. I have been looking for a accurate golf sim to put in my new addition I have built. I have worked hard to find the right house to do this to and have always wanted one. Looking to around 15000 for the sensor system and software. Have been in contact with many company's and the all seem like they don't have the time of day for me because I don't want the whole 50000 dollar system. About golf,no messenge return,Cody par2pro no return phone call,GSA blames me for price increase and tells me to buy a aboutgolf. Why is it so hard to buy a good accurate system I can install as there is no support here in Edmonton.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Did you look into Protee or GC2? Lots of happy customers for both. Plenty of good threads here.

GSA? LOL.....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    You are kidding me about Cory at Par 2 pro, right!!!!!!!!

Looking for a no sensor pad or no floor sitting type system as it is a dedicated room for this. Advanced golf simulators. GSA

Seemed like a great easy to talk to guy. Called today and no return. Talked last week or so when he was in Toronto and haven't heard from him sense. Maybe he's just busy and I am just frustrated with the other guys.

GSA????? Good luck. Get the LX pro or surround and let us know.

Yah Martin seems different and not really wanting to sell his product

And does a person want to buy his stuff?

I have so many questions about what screen, hitting mat,all this stuff where is the best place to ask these questions?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Don't rule out GC2 or Protee just because it is a dedicated room. Go to par2pro for demos of all systems.

Protee is the sensor pad and was told not very accurate like a camera system and the GC2 to me sits to close to the person swinging.

Any thoughts on a accurate camera system that a person can install and set up himself or is that a bad idea. Bogolf has been in contact and going next week to see but scared as the way they talk 3 or 4 thousand dollars to them is like 3 to 4 hundred to me. Lol. Can you get accurate club readings without marking your club?

There goes your indoor accuracy for $15 K then.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Protee is the sensor pad and was told not very accurate like a camera system and the GC2 to me sits to close to the person swinging.
    Did Martin tell you that? If you want answers, you found the best place. Search for the thread with the particular topic that you want and start reading then ask specific questions. We all have dedicated rooms. See the picture thread. Sensor systems such as the Protee are built into the floor or raised platform.

Martin sent me an email saying Hi Troy,

Well yes, you did in a way influence my decision to increase prices. The
    main reason though was that we lost over 10 big sales to About Golf and HD
    this month alone just because of the "low end cheap product" image I seem to
    be developing and resellers wanting me to increase prices so that they have
    a greater margin.

I published the recommended retail prices today so people can get an idea of
    the true value of the products. At present, direct purchasing at the lower
    prices is still possible but depending on how that goes down with the
    resellers, those days may be numbered.

Personally, if I wasn't in this business and wanted a golf simulator I'd buy
    an aboutGolf Studio. I think they are around $15,000 but not sure if that
    price includes golf courses.

That way, you'd have peace of mind in the knowledge that you've purchased
    the best on the market and are not taking any risks with low end somewhat
    "dubious" products like mine.

Hahaha...What did you do to piss him off? Ask for proof that the LX-Pro works? LOL. That's his way of telling you to get lost....

That whole BS about raising prices is just that BS! His main retailer is probably his wife, who runs GSA(full install/packages). Martin actually runs GGS, the DIY site.

Asked him why his prices are lower than others and questioned the quality. Just wanted assurance that he has a good usable product. Now you see why I am up in arms. Lol. I just want a system for a fair price that works. Seems like these golf sims are something out of this world and as rare as a jewel.

What does a guy do. Where do you turn.
    Last edited by tman; 10-15-2013 at 09:10 PM.

You live in Edminton. Cory has a showroom in Edminton. Explain to me why you haven't gone to see him?

I will try and contact him again tomorrow and see what he says.

If you mean his systems are set up they are at deborgs golf shop and we did go there. He was saying sport coach is a good system but I question the club head data and the graphics are still very old but for the same price as everyone else.

He does like the Sportscoach system. Go talk with him and pick his brains. Plus you can test other systems like ProTee and GC2. Listen to ZMax. Do read on GSA here. ProTee is plenty accurate!

7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road
    My impression of these simulation retailers is that they are not really interested that much in the home DIYs. I observe flashes of customer service brilliance interspersed with service that is downright shoddy. I suspect it all depends on where they are at with the big installs they have on at any point in time.

Just stick with it, shop around and do your homework. If you want a retailer who is going to give you great service all the time, I think you will be disappointed.

I am a very do it yourself guy and only ask for a system that is accurate and works. I do t want equipment that breaks down every few days. Just have done so much reading and looking at reviews I am chasing my tail at times. I have figured out that it seems the camera systems are the most accurate. What makes these things so expensive though. Do they thrive on the rich because not a lot of systems get put in so they have to make there money in bulk on every system? What separates these systems? Is it price? Quality? Accuracy? Seems like only a few are true full camera systems.

What camera system or systems are you referring to?

Tman
    My coach uses sportscoach. I have GC2 (no HMT)
    We both now have Swingbyte.

Ease of setup-GC2
    No ongoing drama- GC2
    Clubdata-Sportscoach, I see your comments re accuracy. Personally I think Swingbyte will be the cheapest and best way to go. Wait till Bubba and GM do their Swingbyte reviews, they may linch me!

The unit 30 cm away from ball is not an issue. You can use your choice of mat. Real feel, truestrike gel, divotaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    What camera system or systems are you referring to?

Bogolf and sport coach I guess. Aboutgolf seems it will be to expensive. Are there any others out there I don't know?

tman also Foresight GC2, Golfatron, HD Golf, Optigolf, Visual sports Systems, Foregolf Sirgul are camera based. Also Martrins GSA products CX5, LX surround as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Bogolf and sport coach I guess. Aboutgolf seems it will be to expensive. Are there any others out there I don't know?
    You must have been reading nothing but these company's websites to come to a conclusion that theses camera systems are the most accurate. The Aboutgolf is good and has some advantages but it's no more accurate than the GC2. You are paying for brand and full installs.

Sportscoach is ok but as you found out, it doesn't measure club face nor actual club path. It also doesn't measure ball spin. So, tell me why you think it would so accurate?

As for Bogolf, Cory couldn't even get it to work. Doubt anything they claim. Surprise Cory didn't tell you about it.

Have you done any reading here in these forums?

I agree with ZMax. Not every camera based system measure spin. Which system is most accurate is a debate. Saying that only camera based systems are accurate is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    You must have been reading nothing but these company's websites to come to a conclusion that theses camera systems are the most accurate. The Aboutgolf is good and has some advantages but it's no more accurate than the GC2. You are paying for brand and full installs.

Sportscoach is ok but as you found out, it doesn't measure club face nor actual club path. It also doesn't measure ball spin. So, tell me why you think it would so accurate?

As for Bogolf, Cory couldn't even get it to work. Doubt anything they claim. Surprise Cory didn't tell you about it.

Have you done any reading here in these forums?
    I have read alot and everywhere it seems. I first want to thank everyone for there comments and reveiws as it is so hard to decide what is best. If camera systems are not the most accurate what is out there? They all say they are the best and most accurate and I have tried a few and read about a few and really have not seen anything set up that really seems to be great.

Can anyone tell me... are Martins systems any good? The LX Surround C seems to be something like Aboutgolf and looks like it would work. For accurate club data do you have to mark the club all the time for sure or is there something out there that you dont have to for true club data.

As Bubba22 said, just because it uses cameras doesn't mean it's accurate. The GC2 is great if you can live with the left/right situations when playing a round of golf with left handed friends. It's in your price range so you should really consider it.

Martin's LX-pro and Surrounds systems are unproven. No reports of anybody using them yet. Not even sure if they're actually finished and working. Accurate club data using cameras will require markings. Martin's club cam is not accurate, despite using markings.

The Protee's club data is very good and does not require markings, but you'll be hitting off a sensor in the floor.

Visual sports systems are camera only. Not that accurate. They suggest using a Trugolf sensor trac for increased accuracy. Hmmm!!!!!!!

Tman.
    Before you consider GSA further read this thread from start to finish
    http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...747#post491747

Thread Information