CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road

Cell phone repairs

Hi,

Having a great deal of trouble with my blackberry bold 9900. Anyone local who provides service (repairs) and/or troubleshooting? Not sure if the issue is software, or hardware (battery)? Seems to unexpectedly turn off, despite a full charge. Trouble turning back on too. Red light comes on, but phone won't boot up.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Needs a "cold" re-boot. Take the battery out of the device and then reinsert the battery. The BB will then boot-up and you should be okay. Failing that you will need a pro to look at it.

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    I've used Cellular Pro on Greenbank in the recent past with a good result after having many issues (unfortunately my Samsung wasn't waterproof...lol).

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    That may be the sign of a dying battery. Even though its fully charged the battery is unpredictable, and will provide under/overvoltage to the device. My old Curve used to do the same thing until I replaced the battery. My Galaxy S2 was doing that earlier this year too.

I tried a battery off eBay but it was junk. I later ordered a battery through these guys while ordering my wife a new laptop battery, and it is as good as new now.

http://www.battdepot.com/ca/

Might be worth trying for $10 before paying to have someone look at it. The 9900 is likely 2+ years old, so its probably due.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jterpstr View Post
    That may be the sign of a dying battery. Even though its fully charged the battery is unpredictable, and will provide under/overvoltage to the device. My old Curve used to do the same thing until I replaced the battery. My Galaxy S2 was doing that earlier this year too.

I tried a battery off eBay but it was junk. I later ordered a battery through these guys while ordering my wife a new laptop battery, and it is as good as new now.

http://www.battdepot.com/ca/

Might be worth trying for $10 before paying to have someone look at it. The 9900 is likely 2+ years old, so its probably due.
    Thank you for taking the time to share. I had a buddy who lent me his battery which appears to have solved the problem. Looks like my battery was swollen. Again, my thanks for the feedback. John

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    No problem John. be careful where you get your battery. As I said earlier, I had nothing but problems with the one I got off ebay. The one I ordered from battdepot.ca has been working flawlessly (reports proper voltage on my android device) and is backed by a 1 year warranty. Much better for the extra $2-3 it cost me.

You could always go to Bell and pay the $100 I was quoted... unbelievable!

Par dlb is on a distinguished road dlb's Avatar
    shipping is kind of high ? Located in Richmond BC - if you pickup it still wil cost you $5 ??!!

Thread Information