CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter cevan042 is on a distinguished road

What is the best/most realistic golf simulator I can get installed in US?

I'm in the planning stages of building a new house for me and my family and I want to make a designated area for a golf simulator. If money wasn't an issue, what's the best/most realistic simulator you can get installed in your home, in the US?

7 Iron kinitex is on a distinguished road
    Since money isn't a concern, these are ranked in order of which I would chose first based from what I've researched on them.

aboutgolf.com
    hdgolf.com
    trackman if you have over 20ft of length

Putter cevan042 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks a lot! Yeah, I wasn't sure which was better between the aboutGolf and HDgolf. Ideally I would get the golfzon, but that doesn't seem to have gotten to the states yet... Too bad, it sounds like their hydrolic plate/mat would make each hit more realistic. I can't wait to get one of these bad boys in my place. I'll be loving life by next winter!! Thanks again.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I think it is difficult to pick the best sim if money was no object. HD for example is very realistic but personally I hate the photo courses. I suggest you go demo each of these systems and get a feel for how good the service folks are.

Putter mikefeeny is on a distinguished road
    Hey Cevan,

Ok, so i am somewhat of an amateur in regards to golf simulators compared to many of the people on this forum, so perhaps my opinion should be less valued than everyone elses, but i figured id share my experience anyway!

i was/am in a similar position where i was looking for the best simulator money can buy, and my research brought me to fullswing golf and HD golf. I looked online and found that there was a simulator place 15 minutes from my office that had full swing simulators! I tried them out and WOW, for me, it was just like the real thing!!

as it turned out, there is a place with HD simulators 10 minutes from my house! i went and played on those as well...i will say, that if you have never played on another simulator, HD golf could be fun. But after playing on a full swing simulator, i HATED the HD sim!! Like people mentioned, you are just hitting into an HD photo. I will admit it is pretty, but in my opinion it does not feel as good as hitting into a fully 3d rendered course like full swing and others.

I asked my representitve at full swing who his biggest high end simulator competition was..and he did say HD golf. However, he said it isnt even close. he mentioned that HD golf lists their simulator at a very high price to look like they are competitve with full swing, but then they drop down significantly to close the deal because their margins are not as high as it is not as nice a simulator...sure enough, i spoke to someone at HD. Their simulator listed at 45-70k..he said he could sell me a well equipped simulator for 25!

So, that is just my experience. Let me know how it goes!!

I think Full Swing is ok but not the best. Did you test the spin cam or just the sensor version? I personally think About golf is better and more realistic than Full Swing.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    I cannot find any mention of spin measure on their website Bubba. For this cost you would be best to get spin measured, and club data as well, and a free set of steak knives.

Would have thought if you can plug power cords etc in you could get some serious hardware for that cost, see Golfmonsters setup.

bcgc0918
    Just like Mike I am not as experienced in simulators as some on here and I have not tried the simulators mentioned above. However I have played an About golf simulator and I own a Protee. And as far as I am concerned there is not that much difference. The big thing is I have 30 K in my pocket and I know I have a better simulator than the guy who owns the About golf,which he paid 40K for. I it was me I would save the cash on the simulator and stick it into the computer and Projector. And another thing is Protee has great customer service which is something I have not heard about any other simulators. And the online play is so fun. To me, the simulator was getting boring even with almost 100 courses to play. But the online play brought the fun right back and I can't wait for the snow to fly. They are supposed to add Scramble mode soon and that will add another element of fun. IMHO I can't see why once you play on a Properly set up Protee why you would shell out another 30- 40 K for a "high-end" Simulator. I play as much golf as anyone I know and I am one happy customer. And another thing I love about the Protee is the ability to customize it. I can tune it so my game on the simulator is exactly as it is outside. I am not sure you can do that with many of the high end machines. And the Icing on the cake is (so far) the new courses that are added are free.... yes I said free.... But if money is no object maybe that is not a concern.

Sorry but,
    I just have to ask.... Did you star in a TV commercial for Gieco insurance? You know... the guy on the motorcycle and the guy in the boat.

If so, give me a call when you get near South Dakota I will take vacation and follow you around for a week or two. As I have too many friends that want to play on my Protee and I'm thinking of adding a second machine.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    If money wasn't an issue, I would get the about golf.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    About Golf with curved surround screen.....

Putter mikefeeny is on a distinguished road
    Well, seems to be about golf is the "no-budget" favorite here! I cant speak about that, as ive never played on one..all i can reiterate is that if i had to pick between FSG and HD, id pick full swing every time!!

I will say though that Fullswings "ion performance camera" is their spin analyzer so they DO have that ability, which i am getting on mine! I think what some people may not like is that it does not come standard with the machine, which it really should for the price you are paying. but anyway, if that is your detterant, just know that they DO offer it!

Check it out here
    http://www.fullswinggolf.com/product...rformance-cam/

also check some videos out on it too...looks pretty cool!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I don't care what they say on their website, but talk to their engineer. I think the ion is based off the sirgul, which they acquired last year, does not measure spin.

If I had to choose between full swing or hd golf, I would choose neither.

Mikefeeny listen to some of the experienced folks like ZMax. Trust us when we say that the ION spin cam DOES NOT, I repeat, does not directly measure spin. Spin is calculated with that cam. Not saying its not accurate, but spin is calculated using the camera and the wall sensors. I have had extensive conversations with both sales and tech support from Full Swing on this subject.

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    For what it's worth...I've hit multiple times on the 3 sims discussed above (HD, FullSwing, AboutGolf) at the PGA Merchandise show in Orlando (2013 and previous years). My personal order of preference for the above listed is: 1. AboutGolf 2. FullSwing 3. HDGolf (based on realistic shot performance). As you are testing the sims at your local venues just make sure they are using the most up-to-date technology from the manufacture. For example...you don't want to be hitting off an AboutGolf with their older radar technology.
    All sims have pro's and cons so you really need to decide what is important to you. For example....some sims have a lot of games incorporated into them that could be really fun for the entire family.
    Money was a factor for me and I chose ProTee --> Very happy with my decision! Best of Luck and enjoy whichever sim you choose!

About golf does mesasure spin directly. I think it is a good system. I use it every other week. I have found that it can give some strange results just like all sims. The HD mesasures spin as well. It requires a marker on the balls. It is very accurate however I personally hate the photo software. HD resides just 45 min from me so I have been down to see them quite a bit.

7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to throw a spanner in the works here guys. As you know, I have got my room all set up with screen, padding, hitting mat etc. Could I improve on my GC2 based simulation experience by substituting the GC2 with a dedicated simulator based system (e.g. pro tee, about golf, HD, full swing)? Have got highish end computer and HD projector.

7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to get off topic, but interesting that the GolfGuru has owned/trialled all 3 portable units (trackman, flightscope and GC2/HMT), but has settled on the GC2/HMT, presumably because of the accuracy and improved short game capability (although this is purely speculative).

Lob Wedge JohnnyUtah is on a distinguished road
    I'm fairly confident that the OP was just trying to spam golfzon simulators.

Seen it before in other forums.

Thread Information