+ Reply to Thread
    Putter fallguy is on a distinguished road

Building sim room

I added a big garage and wife wants a simulator. She also wants a bar n table in the back. My life is hard with such demands. We have astroturf over concrete for the floor with wirsbo. Nothing else is set in stone.... i had hoped to build it 15 x20 inside dims and accomodate both hands. She is a bit cheap, so no high dollar system. I have 11' and 12'6" high in the area for the sim. Looking for advise on system, screen to sensor distances, wallboard n ceiling materials, fan type that could work (not ceiling fan)... A little concerned about it feeling like a can inside since a door would go in and no windows n such n the wirsbo could get stuffy-will...maybe a firedoor in back, maybe a minisplit for air movement? Thanks...dan in mn.
    Last edited by fallguy; 09-24-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Error

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Welcome fall. Your too open ended. Be more precise with respect to Cost (not sure what high dollar means to you?) how much you are hands on, how good a golfer etc. perhaps a sketch of your space will help. Did you read this http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...hich-Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Welcome fall. Your too open ended. Be more precise with respect to Cost (not sure what high dollar means to you?) how much you are hands on, how good a golfer etc. perhaps a sketch of your space will help. Did you read this http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...hich-Simulator

3k, very hands on, wife is bogey golfer, the space is roughly 15x20, but it could be wider or longer-she wants chairs and I will put a shelf on the wall for drinks

If i go longer; it'd be 25 with a window in the back-since this is in a garage without a hvac system other than the wirsbo heat, a little concern about climate-the window could allow us some latitude there and a fire exit(garages are notorius fire hazards), but we could just have an emergency exit. The garage is 2800 sqft, but not all for sim room.

Just really need to understand sensor to screen distances-want a fun ez system where we don't need to move sensors, can use any club, etc

The space is new, unfinished wide open.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    I want to know where you find a wife like that. A bit cheap, likes to drink and wants what you dream about........

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    I want to know where you find a wife like that. A bit cheap, likes to drink and wants what you dream about........
    I know-aren't I lucky? I don't even golf...but I built her a Par 3 165yd hole in our yard with a 4000sqft green.

She is pretty great n I like golf, but my back n rotater don't.

Looks like I need more like 25 feet per Corey and sheetrock behind the tee n osb in front.

OK, so the sim room is framed. It is 14' 6" wide by 24' 6" deep. I'm adding two rows of movie theatre seats in the back for watching movies. There is a staircase and 3 steps and landing on the back left. We have a window in the back. The height is 11'6" behind the tee and 12'6" in front of the tee. We expect the tee to be about 10' from the screen and about 13' from the back of the room.

Looks like we are going with p3pro. Wife wants sheetrock everywhere, but Cory is telling me plywood up by the shots.

Any comments are welcome. I might try to add some pictures in a few weeks, but I have a tarp up in the middle to keep a little heat in for now.

Thread Information