100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeking Help

Putter scottish bob is on a distinguished road

Seeking Help

Hi Everyone.
    Hello and greetings from Australia, my name is Bob and I am Scottish and I am new to the Ottawa Golf Site and i wonder if anyone might be able to help me.I am currently collecting and Documenting the History of golf tournaments being played on Ice and in the Snow.

The Dutch are known to have played a game called Kolf on frozen lakes and canals in the 17th century, and Stuart Mackenzie the illegitimate older brother of old Tom Morris the founder of our modern game of golf as we know it, he started playing golf in the snow in 1847 snow golf flourished for 3 years in Scotland until Stuart Mackenzie died after a penguin attack shortly after snow golf started to wane.

History shows that the English Author Rudyard Kipling who was living in Brattlebro Vermont with his American Wife reintroduced playing golf in 1892, and your beautiful country of Canada seems to be at the forefront of Snow & Ice Golf Tournaments today
    I have been lucky enough to have obtained Snow Golf Tournament scorecards from Anchorage, Alaska. Ulukhaktok in the Northwest Territories of Canada. also Lake Winermere in British Columbia, Fairbanks Alaska, Nome Alaska and Alberta as well as countries like Switzerland, Austria, France, Norway, Greenland and many more.

I have read that there is a Snow Golf Tournament held in Quebec at Sainte-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier and I have tried many ways to try and contact them to see if it is at all possible that I could maybe purchase a scorecard used or not from this prestigious Snow Golf Tournament.
    If anyone out there couple possibly put me in touch with anyone who could help me in my quest I would be very grateful to you
    I hope that my post does not offend anyone I wish you all a great day
    Scottish Bob.v

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Do golf-o-max scorecards count?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

1 Iron savosean is on a distinguished road savosean's Avatar
    Never heard of snow golf until now, will be looking this up...

Hi Nokids
    I'm sorry that i do not know what golf-o-max scorecards are I am mainly after any scorecards from golf tournaments or championships thatare held on snow or ice.
    I thank you for trying to help me have a great day mate
    Scottish Bob

Hi Savosan
    It is unbelieveable the amout of people now playing golf on both ice & snow and the tournaments held are both extreame and simple some are for the wealthy and others are to raise money for charities and help those in need if you would like to see a great example visit Valcheron Constintin Snow Golf Tournant or Chivas Snow Golf Tournament.
    Have a great day mate Scottish Bob

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Here is a link to a golf club outside of Toronto that is open during the winter:

http://www.2golf.ca/specials/winter-golf-specials

I know there are a few others in the Toronto area that are also open year-round, and I'm sure if you contact them directly they can give you more information about other clubs in Canada that also play "snow golf".

Thread Information