CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar

Rating & Slope Website???

Ok guys - does anyone know of a website which lists Canadian course with their slopes and ratings? I can't understand why courses don't include such info on their scorecards nor why the RCGA doesn't mandate such...however, many, many don't...and it drives me 'NUTS!' When I try to record such for purposes of indexing when I get home. HELP!!!!!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    If you are a member of an RCGA club you have access to the RCGA database and you can look it up there.

Another option is to register for the handicap service on the Ottawa Golf site and you will get the information when you go to post a round.

If you tell me the courses and tees you're looking for I can dig them up for you.

I'm not a member of an RCGA club and, unfortunately, many courses that I play outside of the Ottawa area are not listed on the Ottawa Golf system. Currently, I'm looking for Forest City National Golf Club in London ON. If you could locate those ratings, it would be greatly appreciated.

Must you be a member of the RCGA in order to access that database? It seems like someone else must have these posted somewhere for public use?
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I get the following message when I look them up on the Golf Canada website:

This course is not a member of Golf Canada and therefore has no Course or Slope Rating. Handicaps obtained here are not valid and any rounds played at this facility cannot be counted towards an official Golf Canada Handicap Factor.

I suppose if you are not a Golf Canada member then an "official" handicap factor is not that important to you, but just so you know...

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    This course is not a member of Golf Canada and therefore has no Course or Slope Rating. Handicaps obtained here are not valid and any rounds played at this facility cannot be counted towards an official Golf Canada Handicap Factor.
    Time for my annual rant on this topic.

I still firmly believe that the RCGA should rate EVERY course in Canada. The arguement that is made is that the rating service is benefit provided for member clubs. But what about member golfers who play at courses without an official rating?

I'd be curious to know the ratio of member to non-member courses.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Tx Justsomeguy. I found the rating on another website review. However, I find it interesting that Golf Canada does not recognize the course. Aside from the fact that the course is simply georgeous, it has hosted the following events. I played it in June, and it was hosting some other major tournament following our round -

• Hosted the 1994 Canadian Tour Ontario Open
    • Hosted the 1995 Canadian Tour Ontario Open
    • Hosted the 1997 Du Maurier Series Event
    • Hosted the 1998 Canadian PGA Championship
    • Hosted the 2000 OUAA Championship

A beautiful course down here in Southern Ontario....http://www.fcngolf.com/

tx much for the effort though...greatly appreciated!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    They have to pay GC to be rated and some courses just do not want to do that
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information