100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Putter Fitting in Ottawa?

I know Don at Artisan golf does them, anyone know of other places in town that do putter fittings?
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Shagging Balls dmartin is on a distinguished road
    Golftown Train yards has a Ping fitting system.

The reality is read Dave Stockton's book on putting; find the style you like then roll a ton on those ugly green carpets..
    Buy what u like masking tape it and give a final test on grass.

it's hard to cookie cutter an artform like putting .. maybe Haime could do it !!

Good luck in your search... it's the part of my equipment that just feels right for me.

1 Iron savosean is on a distinguished road savosean's Avatar
    I do not understand putter fitting. I don't see why you would need someone to get you fitted for that type of club. Even driver fittings, I am never going to do again after my experience with it. My honest opinion is this go to any store that sells putters, walk by and feel every single grip until you find one you love. Then swing it like you are about to make a putting stroke on a green. See if the weight and feel is right for you, is it to long is it to short. Once you do that, you have literally just fitted yourself to exactly what you like. Putting is one of the most over thought out things in Golf I believe when all it is, is tapping a ball into the hole. How, many times do you just go to the ball and hit it in the hole without thinking but when you try so hard to pick out that line and think about the stroke you miss by a foot or 2. Its all in the feel, and no one can tell you what feels best then your self. Even if someone is a professional fitter, I do not believe he can help you in choosing a proper putter for you.

rant over... =)

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savosean View Post
    I do not understand putter fitting. I don't see why you would need someone to get you fitted for that type of club.
    Break68's putting is horrible (self diagnosed). The putter fitting is a placebo to help him believe he can putt better. I could do the fitting myself if O.P. wants
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Rideauview does putter fittings for non-members. They have a Tomi system which uses cameras and software to determine if the putter you are using stays on line, gets the ball rolling correctly, etc. Some putting faults are technical, i.e. the problem is with the guy holding the putter, but others can be fixed by equipment changes. This assumes that the golfer has a reasonably repeatable stroke. The camera system can help to determine this.

@savosean. Don't let the Golftown fitting experience colour your view. The reality is that hitting into the simulators at Golftown is very, very far removed from a proper fitting session. To be done right it needs something like a Trackman and/or an outdoor range.

The reality is that if you spent less than an hour trying different heads/shafts and having the data analysed by somebody who knows what they are doing, then you are not likely to have been fit properly.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savosean View Post
    I do not understand putter fitting.
    rant over... =)
    See why you should at least understand it. No you are not going to roll every putt in the hole but you will put the odds on your side:

Click How Lie Angle Affects Putting http://ralphmaltby.com/videos/238

Of course anyone can adjust their stroke to the putter they are using but the best philosophy remains KISS
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information