100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Approach shots

1 Iron savosean is on a distinguished road savosean's Avatar

Approach shots

I have been lacking on my approach shots last week, and I feel I lost all the hard work I have done over the summer. During the summer when I was golfing everyday, more then 1 round. My approach shots were perfect, always giving my self the chance for a birdie putt. Just recently I have been missing all my GIR, and having to chip and putt for par. I have some really good around the green chipping which has been saving my scores in the last week. But, I just want to get my consistency back.

I was at glen mar they other day, and I was dropping 20-30 golf balls on the ground near my approach shot points so between the 100 and 150 marker since that's were I am for all my approach shots at glen mar. I was fine when I could use my PW near the 150, but taking my GAP wedge and my 60 degree I was getting a 10-15 yard left to right. Could I be swinging differently with my higher degree wedges?

Thanks,
    savosean

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savosean View Post
    I have been lacking on my approach shots last week, and I feel I lost all the hard work I have done over the summer. During the summer when I was golfing everyday, more then 1 round. My approach shots were perfect, always giving my self the chance for a birdie putt. Just recently I have been missing all my GIR, and having to chip and putt for par. I have some really good around the green chipping which has been saving my scores in the last week. But, I just want to get my consistency back.
    At the beginning of the year I could not hit a green to save my life. I figured I was rusty from a bad spring so I worked my butt off all summer thinking that the GIR's would come. It's now September and I have yet to hit a GIR. I gave up on my approach shots and decided to practice holing shots with my wedges, with some success. GIR's are overrated.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Bump!

Bump

would posting a video with my swing make it easier for someone to help me?

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    Nearly impossible to tell what's going on by your post. One week is far too small of a sample size as well. Golf is going to kick you around and good play comes in cycles.

Focus on alignment, grip and posture then hit the range.

6 Iron URstillaway is on a distinguished road URstillaway's Avatar
    When I miss a GIR I usually push it 10-20 yards left of the green. Straight as an arrow just not straight at the green. I wondered what caused it an thought maybe it was alignment but turned out to be my grip. On a scale of one to ten my grip is about a two on the looseness factor, when to loose and I push the ball.
    it's because the club face is open a bit too much at impact, just needed to tighten up my right hand on the club a bit. Not sure what is going on with your swing but a bad grip can cause a lot of target problems.
    " If Tiger can shank it then I feel I have the right to do it too from time to time."

Thread Information