100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

blade head covers

I don`t know if anyone can help me on this , but i`ve had people tell me that there is such a thing as iron head covers for ``blades``,, but i`ve looked many places and yes i`ve found covers for irons but they are all to big for blades.
    I`ve already tried a few of those and if it happens to be windy a bit ,,they`l fly off ,or if your in a cart one day , you often loose them while driving to your next shot.
    so i`m wondring if someone knows were i can find a set to take care of my new baby`s,,,,, if there is such a thing

thanks , much appreciated

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Hi Camille:

I've used more than my fair share of iron covers for blades...
    The Golf Liquidators sale at the old Talisman Hotel a couple of weeks ago had some nice ones that had a velcro strap that fastened under the heads to keep them on the clubs. They were a bit pricey though at $39.99.
    I've had good luck with the midsize neoprene ones from Canadian Tire that sell for about 18 bucks or so. They are a bit big for smaller blade heads and might slide around a bit but the elastic opening is small enough that once on, they don't fall off. I used them on my TA1 Gunmetals for several rounds and they were fine (did you end up getting those??). They are also small enough that they are easy to put in your pocket for the shot.
    Personally though, I seldom use them anymore. I have a big towel on my bag that I just slide between the iron heads and I hold them with my hand as I walk along with my carry bag. Works pretty well and much simpler. Of course it does not protect them very well while the clubs are sliding around in the trunk of your car, rattling around on a pull cart, or on the back of a riding cart, which is where the headcovers are really beneficial.

hey!!

Hey bud ,, how you doing,,,
    Yeah i did manage to put my hands on those gunmetals ,, i'm pretty happy about that ,now i just want to take care of those sweet looking heads.
    So you say you've had some already for those blades? i guess i'll have to look for those ones with the velcro under the head ,cause i've tried those other ones and i always loose a few ,i don't mind paying the price ,,since i've already paid enough for the irons , hehe lol joke bigeasy

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    It is truly wonderful to see all my ex-clubs in the hands of and loved by so many other fine players LOL......

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    The regular sized Castle Bay headcovers are fine for blades. I've used them for years.

Need a Caddy rockford35 is on a distinguished road rockford35's Avatar
    Acadian,

Try these:

http://www.clubglove.com/user/ViewPr...p?ProductID=32

I have a set for my MP-33's, they fit like a glove (no pun intended). They are by far the smallest i've come accross, fit tight so they won't fall off, and they're not bulky so they won't take up a hell of a lot of room in your bag.

They run about 30 bucks locally here (SK), should be the same there.

Hope this helps.

R35

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Just bought these at Pro Golf at Carling for $33 + tax.

Quote Originally Posted by rockford35
    Acadian,

Try these:

http://www.clubglove.com/user/ViewPr...p?ProductID=32

I have a set for my MP-33's, they fit like a glove (no pun intended). They are by far the smallest i've come accross, fit tight so they won't fall off, and they're not bulky so they won't take up a hell of a lot of room in your bag.

They run about 30 bucks locally here (SK), should be the same there.

Hope this helps.

R35

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar

covers

I saw some at golftown a while ago that had little holes in them at the top.
    You can put a wire or one of those little beaded wires thru,that allow you to
    remove a cover and just let it hang.That way you dont need to put it in your pocket.

on carling

where about is pro golf on carling ,, cause i`m definatly gona have to check that out ,
    i appreciate the help boys,thanks alot

It's in the strip mall at Carling and Kirkwood, next to LCBO and Swiss Chalet. Take the Carling exit and turn right (from downtown) or left (from west end) at the light.

Quote Originally Posted by acadian
    where about is pro golf on carling ,, cause i`m definatly gona have to check that out ,
    i appreciate the help boys,thanks alot

No problem. Pick me up some Swiss Chalet while you're there.

R35

7 Wood Stephen is on a distinguished road

From the Mizuno web site

I have been thinking of covers as well, however, I think you must be mindlful if the head covers get damp.

My forged irons have rust showing up on the face of the club. Is this normal?
    Yes, rust can happen. Forged heads are made of a mild carbon steel that is chrome plated. Once you start hitting balls you scratch the surface of the chrome which can eventually expose the raw steel to moisture and chemicals that can cause rust to form. The best way to minimize rust is to keep the irons dry at all times, wipe them after every shot and at the end of the round with a dry cloth. When cleaning use only a NYLON brush (no metal) and dry them with a dry towel. If you get some rust forming, spray the surface with WD-40 and clean with a nylon brush or Scotchbrite pad and wipe them clean with a dry cloth. Some high nitrogen fertilizers, sandy soil conditions and water with a high iron content can accelerate the production of rust. The use of iron head covers is not recommended as they trap moisture and accelerate the production of rust.

You can always punch several large holes in the covers to let the moisture out...

Or just use them for transport. During a round, they don't get too banged up, it's moreso when you have them in the trunk, ect.

Put them on when they're dry, you should be fine.

R35

Thread Information