CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ready to launch

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans@france View Post
    I don't think it has changed it's name. Reading what is stated on the website this is a new company owning the old zelocity products. From what I read it sounds like like parent company is the same that was responsible for the manufcturing of the zelocity units....
    Would be interesting to contact them! CPA how is your dealing with Zelocity going!

xdreamgolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans@france View Post
    I used these two values because that is the average difference between playing a prov1 or some type of long distance hard cover ball (read cheap).

- Zelocity was not about claims! It is about fake data produced by the zelocity software. If you want to know more read the document I wrote about it http://www.launchpi.com/forum/unders...ch_topic5.html

- No idea what you mean with calculations because all machines need to do calculations to get information out of the raw data, being photo or radar. Even the most simple radar unit is good in reading spin if the ball has a dot. I would need just a few lines of code to get the spin values from a radar. I need special computer vision libs trying to read spin from multiple images. Why do I know? Because I did both trying to check spin reported by the TM and spin reported by the Vector Pro.

please note I'm not talking about spin axis here but only total spin.
    Frans.. Yes I agree 100 %... In regard so claims it is just as you said.. They claimed that they were measuring spin when in fact they were not... Great paper and I am glad you sent me the link.. I had read bits and pieces that must have been reposted... Glad to not only find the whole paper, but it's even better to have contact with the author!!! You are the spin doctor!! I will read it thoroughly as it should be..

As far as calculations go... Again yes there are calculations to come up with an rpm.. Because I have yet to find a system that super slow motions the whole flight of the ball and counts each one... At some point it must have been done and thank you whoever did it... Many folks that do not have any interest in how all that software works only see things two ways..1- measured and 2- calculated... Even though in reality calculations are part of measuring... Kind of like getting your pulse taken at the doc.. The only check for 10 secs and then multiply by 6 to get your total..

Too bad you don't live nearby you definitely have a ton of knowledge that is not something you can just look up...

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Would be interesting to contact them! CPA how is your dealing with Zelocity going!
    Tell me if you know any different Bubba but Zelocity don't exist anymore......

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Tell me if you know any different Bubba but Zelocity don't exist anymore......
    As far as I know you arright CPA. Let me do some snooping and I will see what I can find out!

Thread Information