+ Reply to Thread
    Putter islandersfan is on a distinguished road

So confused with what's needed for a simulator... help please

So I was looking into getting a golf simulator, and besides the fact that I still haven't chosen one ( looking at p3) what would I need to have a good setup.. I know outshot Oscar pretty simple, but for all of you with a simulator, what is needed, how much space, etc. Any advice is needed.. plus, just an extra thing, which simulator do you guys prefer? I'm not a great golfer ( 15 handy) but would like accuracy if I'm gonna have some buddies over (it's in my basement and I want to make a man cave) I want them to be impressed. Thanks!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    What is your budget? Are any of your buddies left handed? To accommodate both sides and most heights, you'll want at least 16 ft wide and 10 ft ceilings.

Putter islandersfan is on a distinguished road
    I'm looking to keep everything under 2k-2.5k.. and yeah, actually I have more lefty friends than rightys But apparently I need a projecter?? I thought both hooked up to a pc.. I have a projector, so I wouldn't need to get one, but whats the equipment needed to make it seem like a real game of golf (or at least the real-ist it can be under 2k)..

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    With your budget, I would suggest an Optishot or P3pro. The Optishot doesn't require taping of clubs so it might be better for you and your buddies. It's fun and looks cool on a projected impact screen but not close to being a realistic simulator. For that you have to move up to simulators with cameras for launch angle and ball path, such as Protee or GSA PX5. Used Protee can be had for around $3500. Next step up in accuracy would be the GC2 but that is way out of your budget and it would need to be moved back and forth when you have left handed golfers playing.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    I've had a P3proswing for several years and have a couple of friends with Optishots. Both are great values and can provide many hours of gaming/golfing enjoyment.

At one time, my friend and I all tended to agree that Optishot was a better value for the money. Since P3proswing has updated their offerings and have online play, we all tend to agree that P3Pro has the edge.

If you want to use the system for game improvement, P3pro also has the edge in that area as well.

Good luck on your choice.

Thread Information