100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Not much wrong with that motion. I'd only say you may benefit from keeping your arms in front of you longer into the BS. Try to feel like your right arm never bends. Will give you even more room for your arms coming down and will prevent the movement of the clubhead in transition from going across the line, to going more downward towards the ground, ie flatten your plane sooner. Nice swing.

7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road
    Very astute goatbarn. I have been working on trying not to cross the line for years - hard for the last year. It is bad for me to cross the line because it causes and overly steep shaft early downswing and not getting the shaft "on plane" until late in the ds. First thing I had to do was to not take the clubhead too inside at the shaft parallel position. That took about 6 months to groove. It's all about repetition and good feedback. To then stop crossing the line, the only thing I found worked was to get the shaft "over" and to feel like it faced the ground behind as early as possible. To do this I also had to try hard to rotate the forearms without moving the hands back from address (only a feeling). As you can see, this results in the shaft pointing outside the ball target line more than is commonly taught (common is to have the shaft pointing between ball-target line and toe line at the half way back stage.

Do you think that crossing the line move in early ds is caused by bad sequencing? e.g. I know from K-vest and zenolink that I don't turn the hips early enough in the ds. To treat a slice from way back I used to work on dropping my hands straight down from the top (before turning), but a negative consequence has been bad sequencing. Do you think that early steep ds move is caused by the early drop of the hands? Would initiating from the hips correct it? Interesting that when I also use the swingyde to prevent collaspsing wrists at the top, that bad move is reduced. Also tried that plastic device (that Mickelson uses) to minimise over bending of right elbow. Didn't have much of an effect.

Anyone else feel free to offer your 2 cents.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    GM, the only thing I can see (am not a instructor, just a low cap) that maybe causing that is that very, very late movement of your arms to get deeper. Probably just a lingering habit from your old move of super deeps arms (assumption).

I'm just guessing, but maybe practicing with a pause at the top would help alleviate that. Also check out Hunter Mahan's wide-wide practice drill (probably not called this but its basically a 9-3 drill trying to keep both arms straight).

I'd add maybe just a touch more of "thumbs up" thought during your BS as well. All contribute to a more layed off look.

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfMonster2 View Post
    Anyone else feel free to offer your 2 cents.
    Is that TM data in the other thread yours? Are you happy with the trajectory?, if you do miss what is the miss?

Thanks Goatbarn. I also sent the swing to Zach Allen (online instructor) and he said much the same thing!

Frans yes it is me. Too much right to left spin still and too much backspin for my liking. Driver has started ballooning.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    What driver and shaft?

Adams hybrid stock shaft. No driver used

Just some shafts are shocking for spin ie stock TM RBZ just balloon.

My suggestion is concentrate on left arm straight. Look at Adam Scott in V1 or iswing

Will do. Adam Scott is my current golf hero. Good image, super ball striker, a gentleman AND not too proud to use the long putter

Got nothing to do with the female company he keeps?

Def not. Re looks, golf swing beats the females hands down.....

Talking AS my fitting for the MP4's read X shafts. The GC2 has grooved me some leverage and speed so have moved from S.
    Best ball flight for me was KBS Tour.......so if I have exactly the same shafts as Adam can I now play like him?

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Frans yes it is me. Too much right to left spin still and too much backspin for my liking. Driver has started ballooning.
    Based on the TM data :

I'm not seeing too much backspin at all, rather too low! However those are DR balls or premium balls?

I do see too much inside clubpath and the face being open to target and closed to path to get the ball back to the targetline.

I also see great smashfactor and great consistant clubhead speed. (except for the last shot with the 6i) I'm seeing nice distance consistancy but maybe lack of face angle control. Not enough data to really support that last point but there is a hint of that in the data.

Quote Originally Posted by Frans@france View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

sidenote : sell the TOMI...
    Hey Frans, You never told me why I should sell the TOMI?

New additions since last post:

1. Divot action hitting insert (fantastic).
    2. Position track for GC2 (disapointing and don't use anymore).
    3. Second pc. Can now run Swing catalyst and Foresight sim software simultaneously. Sim via projector; SC via wall plasma.
    4. Gyration hand held mouse for second computer (very good).
    5. Swingbyte2 (jury done an awol).

Will post pics/video very soon.

Pitching Wedge espresso is on a distinguished road
    I was just curious what you used to pad you ceiling in front of your screen? I was thinking of using acoustic foam. They come in 1' or 2' squares and can be easily glued to the ceiling. I'm not sure how soft the material is but it would only help in case a wedge shot goes too high. Thoughts?

Sand Wedge JBimsal is on a distinguished road
    Having setup a GC2 sim myself , I am baffled that the setup works . How do sand wedge shots not put a hole in your ceiling ? Why Is there A TV where the ball can smash into it? With such a short ceiling, how is the projector not shining in your face ?

FYI mine was a garage setup, projector 10ft up and 22 ft back, 16ft 16:9 screen. I was about 12 ft from the screen and the tip of my head was barely making a shadow in the bottom left corner

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by JBimsal View Post
    Having setup a GC2 sim myself , I am baffled that the setup works . How do sand wedge shots not put a hole in your ceiling ? Why Is there A TV where the ball can smash into it? With such a short ceiling, how is the projector not shining in your face ?

FYI mine was a garage setup, projector 10ft up and 22 ft back, 16ft 16:9 screen. I was about 12 ft from the screen and the tip of my head was barely making a shadow in the bottom left corner
    I am setting up a GC2 with simulilar dimensions. Except my height is 12 feet. Which project are you utilizing. I have looked at many projectors on projector Central. However when I work out the throw distance, they're either too far back or too close to the screen. Also trying to have 3000 4000 lm and a high contrast ratio Thanks.

member5687
    HI GM2. I am putting together a system and I was going the way that you listed with foresight gc2, HMT. How has it worked for you? It seems the cost is over 20K for a set up like this. The swing catalyst is 6K additional. From there web site they want plenty of light also.
    Do you have any insight you can share about your system.
    Thanks.
    Jerry

Long time since I posted. In retrospect, I don't think the HMT is worth the money, but if money is not an issue get it. Swing catalyst is fantastic. I use the system 5 times a week - 30-60 mins each session. My golf is improving well.

I haven't tried for a while but the GC2 and catalyst wouldn't integrate well on same computer. I had to run on separate computers to get it all working and have the catalyst software trigger with the microphone impact detection rather than the GC2.

My whole system including ceiling etc cost about $US40K

Regarding lighting, yes you do need plenty of light. I picked up 2 LED spot lights ($200 each) that I have on the wall above the side-on camera. That provides enough light to be able to see the clubhead face angle at delivery reasonably well.

The amount of lighting can be minimal and is dependent on shutter speed, wide angle , etc. I have an ImagingSource camera, color, 120 fps, not HD, use Motion View software, and no bending or blurring of club at 640x480 120fps I have 6 LED recessed lights on 12 ft ceiling. I am 8 feet from camera and other half room dark for simulator.

I also have 6 recessed LED lights immediately above the golfer (height approx 2.7 M). They aren't enough on their own for a super sharp image of the clubhead. Even with the added spotlights, the clubhead is still blurry at impact and I have a shutter speed/aperture that suits the lighting level, but not the clubhead speed......That said, it is good enough to get very good feedback. I often do a one hour session and review each and every swing immediately after the swing - something that would be tedious without automatic impact detection (e.g.swing catalyst)

At what resolution and how many FPS are you filming?

CTGolfer
    Long time since I posted. In retrospect, I don't think the HMT is worth the money, but if money is not an issue get it. Swing catalyst is fantastic. I use the system 5 times a week - 30-60 mins each session. My golf is improving well.

I haven't tried for a while but the GC2 and catalyst wouldn't integrate well on same computer. I had to run on separate computers to get it all working and have the catalyst software trigger with the microphone impact detection rather than the GC2.

My whole system including ceiling etc cost about $US40K
    Just getting started

A few quick questions GM2

Why don't you think the hmt is worth it?

Why do you like the swing catalyst?

What limited flight or other balls do you recommend for kids? How does the shot boost work and does it appear real for them?

Thx

Thread Information