100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Great setup. This is the type of setup I will be looking to get if I am ever able to move my setup out of my garage and into a dedicated room.

I am sold on #7. I can't believe I haven't thought of that yet. I have a similar setup with a net return simulator series screen, GC2 and 19" touch screen mounted to the side wall. But I always wanted some type of mouse as the touch screen is difficult to work with when it comes to a right click. I have a spare iphone lying around that I am not using. I will try using that tonight.

Please post more info on the HMT when you have a chance. I have been considering an HMT as a high handicapper I want to get as much swing data as I can, especially with driver. But it's such a large nut to swallow so I am waiting it out.

Why do you need the plasma in the first place if you have a touch screen on the side? That screen is begging for a ball to go through it.

7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road
    I am having exactly same issues with the touch monitor - difficult to right click and can be insensitive to fine actions e.g. clicking inside the boxes of the set up utility of the PS. I searched far and wide for a one handed hand held mouse and there aren't any. AirKeyboard is good but you still need 2 hands to right click. Otherwise works very well - turn on the ipod and its ready to respond.

Re plasma, I already had a plasma in that spot with a recess in the wall. I would have had to fill the recess in if I removed. I also wanted to be able to see my positions in SC without turning my head too much to the left. Was also expecting to project SC and PS simultaneously with split screens, but discovered after the fact it isn't possible at present. There are many protective solutions e.g. large piece of polystyrene, foam or plastic. Doing it again, I wouldn't put it in.

Re touch monitor, it is too high at the moment because it hurts your deltoid muscles. Better to be at waist height.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    I have the Monoprice touch monitor. For what I paid for it, it does the job. Especially since its 1024x768 an that matches the resolution on my XGA projector. But right click is near impossible. And I find that when I tap the screen, a lot of time it simulates a double click which is annoying, especially when setting up the options for a new round it skips screens.

The touch screen is nice to adjust my angle for driver and iron shots as I can just tap on the little overhead of the hole where I want to place and aim my shot. The touch screen is worth it for that feature alone.

Gap Wedge FrostyKev is on a distinguished road
    Curious, how tall your ceilings are and if you cast a shadow on the screen while hitting? Or rather after your shot. I just found out that it will be EXPENSIVE to drop my floor in the basement. . . so I'm trying to get a feel for the projector placement/sizing. . .

What is TOMI?

Ceiling is 2.7 m. Just enough to swing a 44"" driver. Yes do get a shadow on left edge of screen. Don't think it really affects the user experience. Projector is 5.5 m back which I need to project to that size screen. All the short throw projectors had other limitations.

The optimal motion instructor

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    GM2 - you mention the MTRx app? How do you like the app? I had not heard of it until I read your post. I am now considering purchasing it.

How do you like the Sky Pro? I am also considering it. One of my main swing flaws is over swinging - seems like the Sky Pro could be very helpful for this.

Thanks

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Kball. Swingbyte is a better option than Skypro. Swingbyte has video as well as graphic representation. I am beta testing targetline fix for Swingbyte, Skypro has no idea where targetline is ;

http://clubsg.skygolf.com/content/fa..._on_plane.html

New Swingbyte app should be released soon.

CPA -do you think Swing Byte is better than Sky Pro if Swing Byte did not include the Target line feature?

How well does the video feature work? Any ideas when the target line fix will be available?

Without doubt. The video made the whole thing useable.

The targetline fix means the numbers actually mean something, accuracy.

Should be available shortly based on the timing of the last beta test of the V2 app.
    Last edited by CPA; 09-02-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Hey CPA

Apart from alignment, why do you say SwingByte is better than Skypro?

I don't think it is helpful just saying one device is better than another without sound justification. Re alignment, SkyPro automatically calibrates the device position on shaft relative to face, whereas SwingByte requires manual (naked eye) alignment. The downside of SkyPro is that it requires naked eye alignment of face angle at address.
    Last edited by GolfMonster2; 09-02-2013 at 07:38 PM.

GM2 - any thoughts on the MTRx app? Looks interesting.

MTRx is great. Well worth $30. There are a number of related threads.

Video.
    Tech support that none equal.
    Product backup and ongoing development can be seen.

Targetline will make it the ONLY real option.

CPA, Does swing byte give you shaft and face positions throughout the back and downswing?

The big problem with fixing targetline as clubface at address is,as well as operator error, the fact the swing is recorded at impact and then has to work out where it started and fix that as targetline. First thing a clubhead does in backswing is pivot so good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfMonster2 View Post
    CPA, Does swing byte give you shaft and face positions throughout the back and downswing?
    Did last time I looked.

Pretty sure it doesn't give you shaft and face positions through back and downswing. Can you post a link illustrating that it does provide this data please?

As long as you take care aligning the face at impact, I have found the shaft and face positions to be accurate enough when I compare with my video cam.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    There at good reviews on both devices on other forums. From what I have read they both are not perfect and have their troubles. Most still say that the Swingbyte 2 still slips on clubs. Target line is a good idea but the data will not be 100% lthough for the price, getting 80% is not bad. From what I have read the nod goes to SB over Skypro overall.

That is a lot different to what you said earlier. These devices give different data and which one you buy will depend on what data you want. I went for the SkyPro because I wanted to work on back+downswing shaft and face positions. Just saying that one device is better "without a doubt" and that "targetline will make it (SB) the ONLY real option" is not really helpful. A little bit more objectivity and less bias please CPA.

Just be happy with your choice GM. I was going to check after work but it is apparent you are not really interested. My opinions are just that...my opinions. My SB does not slip, is easy to align on the shaft and without video and targetline was a piece of electronic junk....my opinion.

KBall asked for some advice. As I said, I don't think it is helpful saying SB is the ONLY real option as the 2 devices give different data. I'm happy with SkyPro, as it gave the data I was after, but it might not be what KBall needs, nor might SB for that matter. Opinions can be informed, unbiased and helpful, and equally they can be un-informed, biased and unhelpful. Not saying yours were the latter.

Def interested to hear what you discover at home.

Just checked.
    Beta app (sure it was in the app before beta too) has plane, clubface to plane and speed at ALL points of swing.

+1 Swingbyte.

It was apparent you had not asked SB and tone/ content was alleging my bias. In fact if you read my posts here and elsewhere you will see 1 1/2 years of hasstle to SB to get a useable product.

Have you got a SkyPro CPA?

Alas I am turning blind so a small screen will not teach me much. In the manufacturers words
    "As we continue to add features to the SkyPro software, we are working in parallel to provide a native running iPad app for SkyPro. This will allow us to make better use of the iPad screen real estate and layout. '

I will refrain from the Skypro purchase and stick with the larger realestate Swingbyte which can fit the menu.video.3D graphic and data on the screen at once. Unfortunately my swing will not improve as a result.

Skypro works well on iPad using the 2x Ipod size function.

So have you shown it to a coach GM or self coaching?

Just recorded it tonight. Will try to get someone to have a look at it. Feel free anyone.......

Quote Originally Posted by GolfMonster2 View Post
    Just recorded it tonight. Will try to get someone to have a look at it. Feel free anyone.......
    Are they headphones? Sure they are banned on course.
    Does the swingplate come with any coaching tips?
    Do they have pro videos you can study as examples?

Keep us advised of the pros comments on that swing. Have thoughts but not qualified and would be equivalent to swing tips on the 6th tee from a stranger....

Thread Information