CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road

New system review: GC2/HMT with swing catalyst+balance plate

Decided to do a showcase/review of my indoor residential setup. Separate thread as relatively unique, has involved a lot of work and want it to be found by relevant searches. Please direct related questions to this thread.

1. GC2 with HMT. Foresight performance software and "champions" course pack.
    2. Swing catalyst video analysis with balance plate. Front and down the line cctv cameras (Manta 90 fps).
    3. Dell tower with i7 CPU and 1 GB NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (2DP & 1DVI-I) (1DP-DVI & 1DVI-VGA adapter) graphics card.
    4. Panasonic 58" HD plasma.
    5. Panasonic PT-AE8000U LCD 1080P projector.
    6. Samsung 19" HD touch monitor.
    7. Ipod with wifi "AirKeyboard" as hand held mouse/touch pad.
    8. 9 x 6'6" screen from P2P.
    9. Tomi Pro putting device/software, MTRx and SkyPro.
    10. Selected artwork by The GolfHouse.

Will upload pics, video and source retailers with both positive and negative experience and consequent lessons learnt.
    Last edited by GolfMonster2; 08-27-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    7....iPod or iPad?

IPod touch (3rd generation I think). It enables single handed mouse like control of your system. I also use the iPad, but that requires 2 hands. I tried all the wifi mouse apps, and found AirKeyboard to be the best.

Good lesson for the do it yourself method. Total cost for someone else to install this setup $$$$$$.

GM2, dare we ask the cost. Anything you would leave out? Have you had enough time to really test?

Quote Originally Posted by GolfMonster2 View Post
    IPod touch (3rd generation I think). It enables single handed mouse like control of your system. I also use the iPad, but that requires 2 hands. I tried all the wifi mouse apps, and found AirKeyboard to be the best.
    I asked because my trials with Swingbyte have the iPad at the back wall and cannot see screen. Need to project image and use a mouse. My research says a mouse will not work with iPad unless you jailbreak it. Thanks Mr Apple....

You will see from the photos, that I fortunately have a cupboard directly in front of hitting mat. I rest ipad (for SkyPro) on a shelf, but still have to advance 1 step forward to see the screen properly.

People may ask, why SC and SkyPro. SC is very time efficient, but is slower for checking shaft planes and clubface angles than SkyPro. With SC you still have to get mouse out of pocket and manipulate the software. With SkyPro, it is on the Ipad instantaneously - no action necessary - therefore very time efficient.

What I do is use SC for about 10 swings to know what I need to feel (I am fighting a cross the line at the top problem). I then switch to the performance software and use SkyPro/Ipad with MTRx app. Use skypro to check my backswing shaft/face positions and use MTRx to improve my sequencing. Have got my MTRx numbers up from the 40s to consistently in the 70s. For me, I need to work on earlier and faster turn of the hips to start the downswing to improve my MTRx numbers to anywhere near pro/high amateur level.

Not sure SwingByte adds anything on top of what I already get from the GC2/HMT?

It would be a real advantage having the PS and SC run at the same time, however, at the moment it isn't possible. SC are working on it.

In retrospect, not sure I would get the large plasma. It is only really useful for checking address positions using SC.

How much did it cost?

So far about $US50K. I'm pretty sure it would have been close to $US80K if I got a professional installer to do it. Obviously, not everyone has the time or inclination to do it yourself, but I'm glad I did it this way. Not only the cost saving, but also one has more control of how it all turns out.

There have been mistakes and many lessons learnt. I'm on the second launch monitor, but I don't want to (and can't) talk about that so please don't ask. Also, the screen from P2P hasn't been straight forward. The original supplied, IMO was not optimally designed so I am having to pay for another one that is.

Gap Wedge noobie is on a distinguished road
    GM,

How do you like the SkyPro? Do you find it to be easy to use and accurate (esp AoA)?

SkyPro is great. Don't rely on it for (peri) impact data as I already have an HMT. Shaft and face positions in backswing (and delivery) are pretty accurate and that is all I really use it for. Aftercare is first rate. They had early issues with the case breaking but those issue are now historical. Well worth $200.

Type in SkyPro to google and the forum will come up first.

Putter Michaela688 is on a distinguished road
    Any review ont the hmt so far? Thanks very much.

I haven't done any objective testing yet. I'm planning to compare with a lie board and also outside with my pro's trackman.

My impression is that the path and face data is accurate. i.e. it matches ball flight. Not so sure about loft/lie and AoA but will report this data when I do the comparative tests. I am very happy so far with the GC2/HMT. The impression I get is that the ball flight is spot on.

Putter Michaela688 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks. Please keep us posted.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Very pricey system. There have been some concerns about the accuracy of the HMT with the GC2. Some numbers look very questionable in the past but glad your enjoying. Keep us posted with pics.

GM,

It looks like you got the Video Studio software with 2 camera support, launch monitor integration, and high speed camera licenses correct? Do you have to pay software/license fees annually or one and done? Also, would love to see youtube videos of the software capturing swing and playback if you get a chance.

Correct on the licenses I have. You get a year of free updates, and after that not sure what the cost is. If you don't want updates there is no further cost.

Videos coming!

Btw do not hold your breath waiting for FS performance software to run at the same time. It is clunky at best. Using V1 you have to press the Windows button and then there appears a lack of consistent control.

Can I suggest an old computer with sufficient spec to run separate and use a 2nd input on projector to switch between 2. My Optoma has 2 hdmi in.

The problem with 2 separate computers is that both swing catalyst and FS performance require GC2. You can set SC up so that record triggering is by microphone detection of impact so that could be an option.

Another option would be to run SC on the PC and FS performance on the IPad, although with that way you still have to live without aiming points on the projector screen? Third option is to just pester SC and FS to get on to the job.

Or connect to one computer with USB and the other Bluetooth?

Good luck in moving FS. Best to try SC.

What about a USB splitter if there is such a thing?

What about a USB splitter if there is such a thing?
    No.

On same computer will SC take the USB feed and FS performance software be fixed in settings as Bluetooth connection? Give it a try...

Get that video camera working!!!!

Pics

Here are some pics to get you started. Videos on the weekend...
    Attached Images

More
    Attached Images

GM,

Considering that you are interested in club data, did you look into a Flightscope X2? It looks like you have ample space. I've been considering the GC2 and Flightscope X2 for awhile now (as a single guy I still can't justify moving out of my apt into a house). If I had the space, I'd go for the X2. If space is an issue, the GC2 and HMT (assuming that the HMT is fairly accurate). I've spent a ton of time on a GC2 and am impressed with its consistency.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Not a technical comment, but as I was looking at the pictures i was wondering....

If I had this setup, which of my friends would be first to shank their ball off that beautiful television.

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for sharing!

sidenote : sell the TOMI...

Re damage to plasma etc, my kids use imitation golf balls - pretty safe anywhere and detected Ok by the GC2. Shanking real balls into the plasma is a concern. Thought of putting blanket over it if I let any hackers in.

Very happy with the TOMI. Initially fiddly setting up but seems to work well?? Do you know something I don't?

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Very happy with the TOMI. Initially fiddly setting up but seems to work well?? Do you know something I don't?
    Maybe Will be posting something about it within a few weeks and provide a solution (partial) for it including some hardware and new software.....

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=GolfMonster2;488009]Re damage to plasma etc, my kids use imitation golf balls - pretty safe anywhere and detected Ok by the GC2. QUOTE]

You say you can use a limited flight ball (like a almost golf ball) and the GC2 does pick up the ball and spin?

Would you need to boost settings to get accurate distances?

Wondering if you could expand on this area.

Thanks

[QUOTE=SFR;488022]
    Re damage to plasma etc, my kids use imitation golf balls - pretty safe anywhere and detected Ok by the GC2. QUOTE]

You say you can use a limited flight ball (like a almost golf ball) and the GC2 does pick up the ball and spin?

Would you need to boost settings to get accurate distances?

Wondering if you could expand on this area.

Thanks
    Tried different balls: hard foam, rubber and plastic. They generally all work but behave differently. Generally travel half the distance but I wouldn't expect the figures to be accurate. Have "shot boost" on maximum. Kids love it.

Re imitation balls. There is a thread my testing with GC2 resulted in only one being accurate and registering true numbers without boost. I will remember when I find the thread.

Yes give that plasma 2 sessions with beer involved, even with a blanket.

Thread Information