100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar

Taylormade drivers?

Whats up with all these TM drivers for sale...seems everyone is getting rid,why is that.I know I just sold my second TM and will never buy another one...am looking at Ping or Callaway,opinions welcome>>

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I think they are a very popular driver and there happens to be a ton of them.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Probably the biggest name in golf drivers , lots of sales and they're always trying to push their "new , even longer driver"
    Saying that , it's still my favourite brand of driver
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    yep, just a numbers game. Have owned a lot but my Ping G20 is just too good right now....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hey Jeffc,I have been researching the g20,lots of positive reviews.How long have you had it...?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Hey Jeffc,I have been researching the g20,lots of positive reviews.How long have you had it...?
    got it just after christmas so I've used it all season. It just works for me, can't really say its better than anything else, just that it works for me. I've struggled off the tee the past couple of seasons and this thing is a fairway finder. I hit a nice high draw usually with it and if I miss its usually not by much. It's just got the stock shaft in it, nothing special at all. Gonna be in the bag for a long time.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

al m
    I also went from taylormade to ping.Hade a supertri tp,8.5 stiff,when I hit it good it was really good,but too much trouble in between good hits.I now play a ping g20 9.5 regular and am much more consistant and straight as an arrow.Not sying it is because of the brand,i am sure the change in flex and loft is a factor.I changed because I am turning 50 and slowing down.Went with the g20 because it felt right.Nothing against taylormade,great clubs,but since getting the driver have changed all my clubs to ping.It was time to move from steel to graphite,hate to admit I am getting old,but those mis hits with steel were hurting.

Well I assume since you are getting up there in years,you could always use the Taylormade as a cane...
    Quote Originally Posted by al m View Post
    I also went from taylormade to ping.Hade a supertri tp,8.5 stiff,when I hit it good it was really good,but too much trouble in between good hits.I now play a ping g20 9.5 regular and am much more consistant and straight as an arrow.Not sying it is because of the brand,i am sure the change in flex and loft is a factor.I changed because I am turning 50 and slowing down.Went with the g20 because it felt right.Nothing against taylormade,great clubs,but since getting the driver have changed all my clubs to ping.It was time to move from steel to graphite,hate to admit I am getting old,but those mis hits with steel were hurting.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    I agree with the posts regarding Ping's. I used to have several TM's and switched to a G15 10.5 and have excellent results. I typically drive 240+ and have more consistency with a straighter ball flight.

Thread Information