100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 66 club

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bNeill View Post
    How do you figure? Short course with very puttable greens.

Great round by the way!
    Narrow fariways are unforgiving and although it is short it is very tough. Montebello is short as well but certainly not easy. 66 is great Denis, I shot that too but at Tourraine!!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    If you wanna beat Denis, bring him out in the rain!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Narrow fariways are unforgiving and although it is short it is very tough. Montebello is short as well but certainly not easy. 66 is great Denis, I shot that too but at Tourraine!!!
    What is tough about a course with flat, true rolling greens when you're hitting iron, wedge into every hole? It's 6000 yards...

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It's unfortunate that a 66 at HP does not impress you, you are entitled to your opinion. Course difficulty is based on many factors, length is only one of them. Montebello is also a shorter but very challenging course but is barely 6k in length. The course ratings and slope dictate difficulty and I for one think that is a great score.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    It's unfortunate that a 66 at HP does not impress you, you are entitled to your opinion. Course difficulty is based on many factors, length is only one of them. Montebello is also a shorter but very challenging course but is barely 6k in length. The course ratings and slope dictate difficulty and I for one think that is a great score.
    That comment was in response to the poster who said it was equivalent to a 62 at other courses. I also said it was a great round of golf at the end of my post.

My point was if I could choose a course to shoot 66 on command at, this would be on the short list. At the course I often play at a 4 under 66 would render a +10 differential and that I would be impressed by.

As I said its your opinion, no worries
    Lefty Lucas

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    I was a member there for 2 years. I have heard the its short and good greens thing more times than you will ever know. I assume you have a sub par round there and thats why you think its easy? Hats off to you if you do. I brought many a guest there and few wanted to return.

That comment was in response to the poster who said it was equivalent to a 62 at other courses. I also said it was a great round of golf at the end of my post.

My point was if I could choose a course to shoot 66 on command at, this would be on the short list. At the course I often play at a 4 under 66 would render a +10 differential and that I would be impressed by.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post
    I was a member there for 2 years. I have heard the its short and good greens thing more times than you will ever know. I assume you have a sub par round there and thats why you think its easy? Hats off to you if you do. I brought many a guest there and few wanted to return.
    I played the Junior City and District back in 2008 or 2009 and shot 30 on the back 9 with a hot putter. I think for a player at Denis' level, the play off the tee is not as daunting as for those with higher caps. I've only played with him once (doubt he missed more than a fairway or two) but if he keeps up the work I wouldn't be surprised if he fired something a good few shots lower than that.

I don't think the course tests one's full bag and a guy like Denis is a great example of someone who can and has exploited that. I know McGee played there for a bit at one point and I wouldn't be surprised if he scared or shot 59.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    I played the Junior City and District back in 2008 or 2009 and shot 30 on the back 9 with a hot putter. I think for a player at Denis' level, the play off the tee is not as daunting as for those with higher caps. I've only played with him once (doubt he missed more than a fairway or two) but if he keeps up the work I wouldn't be surprised if he fired something a good few shots lower than that.

I don't think the course tests one's full bag and a guy like Denis is a great example of someone who can and has exploited that. I know McGee played there for a bit at one point and I wouldn't be surprised if he scared or shot 59.
    I think I remember hearing McGee's best was 64, Denis will equal that one day for sure, I agree I would be much more impressed with a 66 at Kanata or the creek, still an amazing score that I will probably never match. Denis is the f in man!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Denis will equal that one day for sure
    Hah! Give me another 10 years, maybe

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    How about a thread dedicated to you Denis, you must be loving this.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Not really Well, I do like the arguing about whether HP is a really easy course or not (although I'm staying out of it), but Pat needs to stop tooting my horn, because in the grand scheme of things I really do suck

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    How about a thread dedicated to you Denis, you must be loving this.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Not really Well, I do like the arguing about whether HP is a really easy course or not (although I'm staying out of it), but Pat needs to stop tooting my horn, because in the grand scheme of things I really do suck
    This is the funniest thing I have read all day.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

1 Iron savosean is on a distinguished road savosean's Avatar
    a 66 on any course is an accomplishment, being able to break 70 is something tricky in its own mind. Definitely have come close, but to many times has my mind blocked me from breaking 70.

Congrats on the 66 keep up the good work

Thread Information