100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sand Wedge iskuo is on a distinguished road

P3Pro with Accusport Vector Pro?

I'm a casual golfer who is looking to build a sim to get better and to play indoors during the winter. I already have a computer, net (net return) and mat.

Has anyone used the P3Pro and Accusport Vector together? Is the improved accuracy worth the additional price of the Vector Pro? It looks like a used Vector Pro can be had for ~$600 and the P3Pro is $600.

Alternatively, it looks like E6 ($400) works with the Vector. Should I just buy those two and skip the P3Pro?

Is there something else comparable that I should consider at the $1,200 ish price point?

Thanks!

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    iskuo:
    I've seen this P3pro and Vector Pro combination and I'm not sure of the accuracy. I have P3pro's launch angle setup working and it seems reasonable for the most part, although slow to provide feedback and often miss reads, at least for me.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    I have the Vector Pro with micro lenses and did buy the $200 dongle just to use it with the P3Pro but found it was too slow and the sound to trigger the Vector Pro was not able to pick up the softer shots and thus would default to the P3pro anyway.

I would say on its own for a driving range the vector Pro would be fine but to use it as a simulator, I think True Golf might be the only one that could be made to use it but that would still have been 4-5 thousand more to get that. Their pad could be hard wired to trigger the Vector Pro instead of a sound to trigger.

As Stone Battle said, the p3pro original driving range and two courses let you use their LA if you have a web cam to use with it and now comes free with the p3pro. You can not use it with the Prem Courses. Only the Vector Pro could do this but I am not 100% positive this last updated software just released will let you use that any more.

I would almost say that you would be better just playing the Prem Courses without the actual LA and use a config file that has been altered to give more penalty to miss hits and that has an exspanded club size to read the toe and heal hits. It won't show a skull but it can decrease the yardage from one by 50% if you want to set it that way.

Thanks for all the help guys. It sounds like I'll have to take my budget up to the next level to really improve on the accuracy.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    P3Pro no longer integrates with the AccuSport Vector. It was a licensed based product and the license expired. There was very little interest in the integration so it was dropped.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Why was there such low interest? We're there technical issues?

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    The only technical issues were that it did not work with the Virtual Courses. It that was more the fact that short chips did not work with the Vector at all and not our software. I don't know why there wasn't interested, but we would have needed to sell about 15x what we were just to cover the licensing expense.

I have the Vector Pro and did pay the $200 to be able to use it with the P3pro and I assume now with the new update, that is no longer possible. In fairness I did not use it much with the P3pro due to it just using launch angle and creating a large delay in the ball flight. So as far as trade off, getting a better update or keeping the vector pro option, I would take the updates.

I know it's too late now but one area that I always wondered about was, when the P3pro pad can't read ball speed nor spin of any kind, why would you not have wanted to use those numbers as well from the Vector Pro and not just the launch angle unless it was not possible to use those numbers?

If you could do it over again, would you think it would have been better to use those numbers for ball flight?

The last update is better and is making the sim play better and now is a great value for what you get. There are still some tweaks and areas that I would like to see looked into, and hope you are still going to be open for input.

I agree SFR. What I would have suggested to P3Pro was to have the sensor unit hard wired to the Vector to act as a trigger instead of the mic. That would allow for chipping, putting and may help with the delay. Also if they at going through the effort of integration, fo goodness sakes use the Vector ball data - ball speed, launch, azimuth and spin!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Somebody can get fired for dumb mistakes like this. Oh wait, somebody did get fired....

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Somebody can get fired for dumb mistakes like this. Oh wait, somebody did get fired....
    Yes, despite many, many good suggestions from you and many other P3pro users!

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    I would love it if they could integrate with the ES12 or any other (cheaper) monitors to provide any more ball feedback. Or of course provide another way to track the ball WITHOUT making you have special Infared lights over the unit. I love the portability and being able to use it outside on cloudy or shaded days!

Not sure that will happen. Why not just buy te ES12 or a Yupiteru for outdoor use. They're are not too pricey.

The point is obviously to add more data to the P3 and it's simulated courses.
    I think everyone would just be happy with a Launch Angle add-on that's works almost instantly and doesn't push the cost up 1000's of dollars. It would be great! The P3 reads Left-Right directional flight, but predetermines LA.
    Sorry, when I say I use it outdoors I mean I have no room indoors to use it, and I can only hit foam balls because of houses nearby probably like most.

But then the ES12 probably wouldn't work with Almost Golf or foam balls anyways!

What does the Yupiteru read bubba22?

Thanks!
    Last edited by golfun; 09-01-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Yupiteru is radar based similar to ES12. Measures club speed, ball speed and gives smash. Estimates distance. It's similar to ES12 just less software, iPhone app etc. Plenty on ebay. P3pro launch cam is too slow with video. They need to develop it further with a still shot that will be quicker to measure and give the launch. The delay with their video is aweful and not neccessary. They don't even feed the launch angle into their software as it stands anyways!

Bubba22. The p3pro launch cam doesn't actually affect what the ball does in the simulator? What does it do then? Just display the data?

That's right! The launch angle can be used with the original P3pro courses as well as their driving range. As far as I know it doesn't work wih th Virtual courses!

Quote Originally Posted by iskuo View Post
    Bubba22. The p3pro launch cam doesn't actually affect what the ball does in the simulator? What does it do then? Just display the data?

Just to make it more clear. There is a LA (web style cam) you can add to the P3pro and use it now for no extra charge (no dongle required any more as it used to cost $400 plus way back when) and you can use that cam to get LA and use that in ball flight in the P3pro original two courses and driving range. So to work on your swing and play the old two courses (not near as nice as the Prem Courses) it does work. That cam setup will not work in the Prem Courses.

The Vector Pro Launch monitor ($3000 plus cost) along with the $200 P3pro supplied dongle, was able to transfer the LA only of the ball to the Prem Courses. No other data from the Vector Pro was transfered which was the big mistake and would have made the add on a lot better.

Exactly SFR. Iskuo was talking about the launch angle cam. I was one of the ones that paid 400 for I and was a beta tester. The vector pro integration not including spin was a mistake I agree!

I called p3pro and asked them about the launch angle webcam and the gentleman told me that even in the driving range, the launch angle data was only displayed (it is not displayed in the premium courses). It was not used in calculating the actual ball flight.

If someone knows differently, please let me know. That would be good news to at least have more accurate data for the driving range and 2 original courses.

As far a I remember, thelaunch angle webcam measurement were used into P3pro original software, which included a driving range and 2 courses. The original software was very weak in graphics etc. There is a terrible delay with the webcam. The Premium courses and driving range did not use the data.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-CbY-cZSs

Here is Cory's video of te Vector integration.

I called p3pro and asked them about the launch angle webcam and the gentleman told me that even in the driving range, the launch angle data was only displayed (it is not displayed in the premium courses). It was not used in calculating the actual ball flight.

If someone knows differently, please let me know. That would be good news to at least have more accurate data for the driving range and 2 original courses.
    I want to make sure I get this right....
    So did they tell you that when using the web cam as the LA cam and hitting shots on the P3pro driving range or the two courses that only the data of the LA number was displayed and was not used to project actual ball flight?

Yes. That's what they said. You should call and ask them as well. I may have misunderstood.

Interesting! SFR can you test this?

Yes. That's what they said. You should call and ask them as well. I may have misunderstood.
    They may not want to talk to me...... there have been things I told them about their system that they did not know about. Two are still not fixed with the last update, back spin on greens and the wind not working.

Ok, just so you know the LA (web type cam setup) will let you use the LA of the ball and show that LA in the ball flight for the P3pro driving range and the two courses. It only uses LA but at least with the limited testing I did I was able to use a driver for the club setting and chip a ball off the tee high and see the ball flight launch higher or use a PW in the club setting and hit a knock down shot and see a low ball LA. So it did work although I have not tested it on this last updated version. I'm sure it would still be the same.

And yes there is a bit of a delay in the ball flight when using the web cam LA setup. If you want to use a 2nd web cam or even the same one but use for video, you can get a view of your swing and see somewhat what it looks like. Not very high quality but again another free option. The pad triggers the video and saves that swing to review.

It may have been a miss understanding or if not, someone who has never actually tried it and got their info mixed up.

From testing I did a few years ago when I had the P3Pro and launch angle, I got the same results you are seeing SFR.

Excellent. Thanks guys.

How long is this delay SFR?

Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    How long is this delay SFR?
    Just from memory it was about a 2 sec delay. Don't quote me on that as its been a while since I used it. Not major but a delay. When you would work on a swing and want to see LA it would not be a big deal but on a sim playing a round, it may seem like it takes longer.

Also you might at times need to adjust the angle of the camera if you tee a ball up as the ball needs to be in a certain area of the cameras view lines. This is why its better for the range working on one club at a time.

Thread Information