100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Exactly SFR. Iskuo was talking about the launch angle cam. I was one of the ones that paid 400 for I and was a beta tester. The vector pro integration not including spin was a mistake I agree!

Sand Wedge iskuo is on a distinguished road
    I called p3pro and asked them about the launch angle webcam and the gentleman told me that even in the driving range, the launch angle data was only displayed (it is not displayed in the premium courses). It was not used in calculating the actual ball flight.

If someone knows differently, please let me know. That would be good news to at least have more accurate data for the driving range and 2 original courses.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by iskuo View Post
    I called p3pro and asked them about the launch angle webcam and the gentleman told me that even in the driving range, the launch angle data was only displayed (it is not displayed in the premium courses). It was not used in calculating the actual ball flight.

If someone knows differently, please let me know. That would be good news to at least have more accurate data for the driving range and 2 original courses.
    I want to make sure I get this right....
    So did they tell you that when using the web cam as the LA cam and hitting shots on the P3pro driving range or the two courses that only the data of the LA number was displayed and was not used to project actual ball flight?

Sand Wedge iskuo is on a distinguished road
    Yes. That's what they said. You should call and ask them as well. I may have misunderstood.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Interesting! SFR can you test this?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by iskuo View Post
    Yes. That's what they said. You should call and ask them as well. I may have misunderstood.
    They may not want to talk to me...... there have been things I told them about their system that they did not know about. Two are still not fixed with the last update, back spin on greens and the wind not working.

Ok, just so you know the LA (web type cam setup) will let you use the LA of the ball and show that LA in the ball flight for the P3pro driving range and the two courses. It only uses LA but at least with the limited testing I did I was able to use a driver for the club setting and chip a ball off the tee high and see the ball flight launch higher or use a PW in the club setting and hit a knock down shot and see a low ball LA. So it did work although I have not tested it on this last updated version. I'm sure it would still be the same.

And yes there is a bit of a delay in the ball flight when using the web cam LA setup. If you want to use a 2nd web cam or even the same one but use for video, you can get a view of your swing and see somewhat what it looks like. Not very high quality but again another free option. The pad triggers the video and saves that swing to review.

It may have been a miss understanding or if not, someone who has never actually tried it and got their info mixed up.

Thread Information