100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visual Golf

achcht

Visual Golf

I am a long time lurker, but this is my first post. Does anyone have any experience with Visual Sports Simulators (Visual Golf 9)? Specifically, what club and ball data does it track/measure vs. what it calculates/estimates? Is it entirely camera based, or does it use sensors? Any input/experience you have would be appreciated.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I have experience with Visul Sports. They are located just 30 min from me. They don't measure or estimate any club data. They measure ball direction, launch angle and speed. Spin is completely estimated! The system is similar to the Sportscoach. The rep told me that spin is estimated from Ball data and ball rebound off the screen. I question the accuracy of its spin measurement!

achcht
    Thanks for the input Bubba.

No problem. Are you looking to buy a Visual Sports sim or just getting info?

achcht
    Just getting info. I am looking for a sim for both entertainment and game improvement. I really want the ball and club data to be as accurate as possible.

Both ball and club data??? Protee, GC2 with HMT, About Golf, HD Golf, Sportscoach/Foregolf are a few to consider.

achcht
    My overall budget is about $5K, so Protee is the closest. I saw the following on ebay, but based on your input, I will probably go another route. It does sound like a good price, however I don't know what version or how old it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Simulat...item4175e3489e

That is a good price. Why not call Visual Sports and chat with them about the sim accuracy, what is measured/estimated etc and how much to upgrade for courses and software etc.

Ok just did some homework for you. Just spoke with Visual Sports. They have recently partnered with Trugolf and E6 to integrate the Trutrac sensor mat with E6 and their Visual Sports cameras to get a better spin estimation as well as club data. So now yes with that system and Trugolf you can have club and ball data with E6. I suspect you need to upgrade the one on Ebay. The Visual Sports 4 camera system doesn't estimate spin well.

achcht
    Thanks!! I asked the ebay seller for some details (model/serial number), but they haven't got back to me. I called Visual Sports, and he said without the serial number, they can't verify how old it is. They also said to be careful that everything is operational, because with a big purchase like this, I may cost an extra $5K to get it working properly.

I think to make that system accurate you need better spin detection or estimation. They are using Trugolf Trutrac with E6 for better spin estimation. It will make the system more accurate but Trutrac + E6 will run you several grand in upgrade and will be less accurate than ProTee. Visul golf by itself is not that accurate from what I tested.

achcht
    Noted. I don't think they were too eager to sell since they didn't respond to any of my questions. Do you know where I can find a used ProTee?

Check with Cory (Par2Pro), EBay and Dennis at ProTee.

Thread Information