+ Reply to Thread
    7 Iron Roach is on a distinguished road Roach's Avatar

Leaving for TPC sawgrass any suggestions?

Hi everyone, I'll be playing both courses at sawgrass on sept 7th and 8th. Does anybody have any advice regarding places to eat, things to do or anything else. We'll be staying at the mariott and we'll also have a rental car so we can move around during the evenings.

Thanks
    Will I learn how to chip?

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

Price

Roach have never played it but I drive thru that area often on my way to Pompano Beach area. Was just wondering what the cost is for what for me is a course that I hope to play one day. Also did you book this thru the hotel or a different way. Thanks for any info and when you get back please post a trip report if you have time. Thanks

680$ / person, two nights at the Marriott, 1 round on Dye's valley course, 1 round on the stadium course. I booked directly with PGA tour experiences but you can always look on the Marriott web site they sometimes have better deals than the PGA tour. Also by booking a package deal you have the chance to reserve your tee offs ahead instead of the regular 14 days in advance. This is a suprise gift for my dads 60th birthday, I simply hope the weather will be alright.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Awesome gift Roach , I hope my son is reading the forum

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Roach have never played it but I drive thru that area often on my way to Pompano Beach area. Was just wondering what the cost is for what for me is a course that I hope to play one day. Also did you book this thru the hotel or a different way. Thanks for any info and when you get back please post a trip report if you have time. Thanks
    This time of the year it runs about 300 bucks. You can book on-line. Again less of an issue getting tee times now. Could be very hard to do in the later fall or winter. Roach's strategy to book at the Marriott is the best bet if you are looking for a winter tee time.

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Hi everyone, I'll be playing both courses at sawgrass on sept 7th and 8th. Does anybody have any advice regarding places to eat, things to do or anything else. We'll be staying at the mariott and we'll also have a rental car so we can move around during the evenings.

Thanks

You're already doing the very best things to do in Ponte Vedra. But to answer your question I went to the Aqua Grill, I thought it was pretty good. There was also a cigar bar that we went to... I like cigars so it was pretty good too.

Thanks Sunny D, I'll try the aqua grill for sure but I'll pass on the cigars cuz he's to quit right now.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Hi Roach was just wondering how your trip went. Also if you picked up any info that we could use if we ever get to play Sawgrass and its sister course.

Sorry for the wait but i was so busy at work I didn't have time to post. First off, this place is paradise. Here are some pictures for everyone to enjoy. if anybody likes/loves golf treat yourself to a PGA tour experience package. Here's how it went.

We left Ottawa on a saturday morning at 6:40 heading to Jacksonville, Florida. We rented a car once we got there. We finaly arrived at the Mariott which is a great place to stay, 5 minutes top to the crouse. Clean and well presented room. Then of to Dye's valley course. They hosted the web.com final last week I think. Needless to say they had already started preparing the course for the big boys. fairways were narrowed by 10 to 15 yards at some places and the rough... don't take to me about the rough. When you can't your partners ankles cuz he's chipping just of the green, it tells you alot about the rough. That night we hate right at the pub at the mariott which actualy a nice place with a cool contest between 5 - 6 pm. If you can land your ball on a small flotting green at around 75 yards you get a free pint.

The next day we took advantage of the beautiful brakefast. A little expensive but hey you're at Sawgrass. Then of to play the Stadium course. i was a beautiful day and we were excited to the max. We didn't play very well but all and all it was still a great day. The course is very demanding. Every tee shot ask that you hit it long and in the right stot. The green were fast but not like in tournament play but still very true. I made my share of 3putts because i landed in the wrong place on the green. Then 16, 17 and 18 are amazing. My dad made a nice par on 16 which he was pretty proud of. If you're wondering if went hit the green at 17 .... We bot did . Saddly no pars. a bogey and a double. Looking at the picture gives you a idea of the place but honestly being there is just so exciting for any golf fan it was well Worth the money. We did eat at the aqua grill, nice place just across the street, good food.

Enough said here are the pictures!
    Attached Images

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Sounds like you had a great trip , really nice gesture on your part. Pin on 17 looks like a Sunday pin placement!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    Sounds like you had a great trip , really nice gesture on your part. Pin on 17 looks like a Sunday pin placement!
    I was going to say...that is a tough pin placement....

But isn't it the pin you want when go there? I had to go for it and I landed on the fringe left side of the bunker. Almost impossible to 2 putt. i had no direct shot to the hole, I had to roll it for about 10 feet on the fringe then let it roll down the side hill to the hole. Enjoyable.

Putter PhotoCaddy is on a distinguished road PhotoCaddy's Avatar
    Just for fun I took a look at #17 using Google Maps, it doesn't do it justice.

Search the coordinates 30.1945965 -81.3908731 in Google Maps to see for yourself.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Looks pretty nice to me.

My 50th is next year and my wife has greenlighted a golf trip for next year so this is a possibility.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Thread Information