100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron Dustin is on a distinguished road

Taylor Made Burner and 360?

Hi, buying new clubs in the next few days and looking at the Taylor Made Irons ( Burner and 360's). I tried them both and they didn't seem to make much of a diffrence( loved them both).

My question is i'm hoping someone on this board is a Taylor Made freek and can tell me the diffrence between the Burner and 360.

The guy at Chuck Brown's seemed clueless, when i asked the diffrence he said the only really diffrence is the Burner is getting discontinued and the 360 is the new line. The burner irons are $649 and the 360's are $999. I don't imagine a more then $300 diffrence in price because one model is newer.

Love to hear any input and thanks in advance.
    Dustin

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Lightbulb ...all the gear

Hey Dustin buddy,

The 300 series irons are unremarkable.

Tour pros are using them, but keep in mind that TM pays them to use them. Obviously, they won't play junk, but they will play with anything that works, they have the talent to make up any discrepancies. (also, the manufacturers are willing to tweak the clubs for the pros, which is something that will likely never happen with us amateurs).

Here is the gear guide in GolfWeb.

-This one has the 300 series irons. As you can see, the reviews are mixed. Either love'em or hate'em. I think the big teller is really the number of people who have an opinion. There are only 11 reviews in this list and the average review is 8.4. Not great.

http://gearguide.golfweb.com/reviews.cgi?item_id=10677

-This is the Supersteel. 39 reviews (one of the hottest iron sets) and an average of 9.1. This sounds like a much better club (and a better deal for the money too). I spent more time looking at the bad reviews, to see what the critics think. I think the raves are people who are willing to forgive and ignore some of the shortcomings in the club.

http://gearguide.golfweb.com/reviews.cgi?item_id=309

-Here's the list sorted by number of reviews. In my opinion, the number of reviews is a better indicator of people who are willing to try out a club, and plunk down the scratch for them. Top of the list are Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Armour, TM, and Maxfli. Good choices are also the Clevelands, and the Mizunos.

http://gearguide.golfweb.com/ratings...ge=1&sortcol=3

....good hunting...

spidey

Thanks for the info. I never heard of that site you put on and needless to say its bookmarked now. . Thanks again.
    Dustin

Gap Wedge gronker is on a distinguished road

Talking

Hey Dustin,

I bought the 320's at the beginning of the summer after trying the Ping i3's, Mizuno MP 15's and 33's, Hogan apex+ and edge, clevelend GM's.

I cannot say enough about them. I hit every club solid and although there have been a couple (well, ok more than a couple) of times I have mi**** them, the ball still travelled so well I had to ask one of the people in my foursome to pinch me to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Just love the clubs!
    gronker

I went with the super Steel Burners ($699.99) over the 320's that are ($999.99), l love them to death and saved quite a bit of cash

54Rigger
    I'm on my Third set of Titleist Irons and I don't think there's a more solid set of clubs on the market. They're not fancy just well made and If you have the fundamentals of your swing down then they will reward you with predictable distance and accuracy. There are tons of good Irons out there on the market but I don't think enough people think of Titleist too much beyond their balls. This can be a mistake, try em out you may like em.

As for Drivers n Woods I'm a newly converted but passionate believer in TM 360 ti line

Thread Information