100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    -Andrew-

Question Setting up Optishot - order of importance?

Hi everyone,

Received & set up my Optishot last nite... went very smoothly and I discovered my PC has WiFi built in... Also happy to report that the screenshots I've found online, for the most part, don't do the graphics justice. To see some plants move around subtly wasn't something I knew it did. After some time, however, my wife asked if I could "turn down those annoying birds". (They are too loud.... feature request time)

(Bonus Tip: when hooking up to a TV via HDMI and it looks all green... set TV color input setting to component)

Anyway... Unit seemed to pick up all clubs reasonably accurately, as far as direction goes - all irons and even my glossy black TaylorMade Burner. Still plan on taping. However, the speeds / distances were low - giving it a pretty good swing with my wedge (75% or so) gave me only about 60-80 yards. Typically I'll get about 100 with that. Also, my driver was delivering only about 180 yards during airtime.

So... got to thinking... does anyone know the order in which to tweak?

e.g. tape, lighting, speed adjust, distance adjust?

Also - regarding lighting - I can't find the post now, but someone set up what looked like two small clamp-on CFL lamps... has anyone tried a linear fluorescent undercabinet light?

thanks!
    Andrew

7 Iron gotenks94 is on a distinguished road
    Hi Andrew,

Yes using different ball settings will result in different yards, swing speeds and angle of attack as i have found. Put the ball settings on real ball, and go to the driving range and make adjustments to your clubs settings, that's if you have created your on set. Add 5% or more to to your swing speed and/or distance as you see fit to get it close to your accurate speed and distance. Hope this help.

-Andrew-
    Hi gotenks, thanks-

In fact I didn't even check the ball settings oops.

I did make a set of clubs for myself, but the distances listed looked pretty close - however, I was not hitting as far as the distances listed.

When you note to put the ball settings on "real ball", do I actually need to use a real ball on the Optishot while I'm testing it? I assume so, but am not sure!

cheers
    Andrew

Andrew you don't have to use real balls but if you do be careful If you don't have have a impact screen with side protectors,But what I use is the almost golf balls that feel pretty good. I had to add 105 to all my irons swing speed and 105 to distance to get my yardage right. My 4 iron I added 110 to the distance as I hit my 4 iron 235. My 3 wood is at 105 swing speed and distance at 90 as well as my 5 wood. I don't use the driver as I can hit my 3 wood 270 - 280 and I'm just 5"7. Hope this help and hopefully with the new update coming hopefully all this tweeking will be fixed.

-Andrew-
    Got it - thanks.

I have some almostGOLF balls on order... I'm planning on making my own impact screen for projection, but may just start with a net. Do the almost balls feel (at impact) pretty close to the real thing?

(I know it may be psychological but we want to hit at something....)

I don't mind this kind of tweaking, everyone's different so it make a lot of sense. Hoping the next update has online though

Andrew

The almost feels ok but not like the real thing, nothing can replace the real thing. I hit real balls sometime and after hitting almost balls then the ral golf ball if feel like hitting a heavy rock. There might be some balls (foam) out there that might have a real golf ball feel. And yes the online would be great and I think this is what they are working hard on I hope.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Do some searches on the setup and different balls etc. it's all been covered in this forum. I have reviewed all the different limited flight balls. Just do a search.

Thread Information