100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie pingB is on a distinguished road

Red Chain software suggestions?

Red chain has a pretty solid piece of software, but I believe it could go quite a bit further especially since there is online play.

One thing I think would be cool is to have built in mini games. Putting/chipping/pitching challenges, closest to the hole, long drive

etc..

Obviously you can set these things up yourself and score them yourself and all of that, but, especially in the short game, I think these types of games could be used for practicing solo.

Personally I get sort of bored with practicing by myself.. I think if there were mini games I could enjoy challenging myself.

Who would I try to make such suggestions to? Also I assume there is some modding ability with the software since various vendors use it for their specific hardware. Is there any chance of getting the necessary tools/literature to make our own mods?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    No way they would allow us to do mods. Vendors can't even do it. Each vendor sends their requests mods/additions of their specific version to Red Chain. Red Chain will make these mods at a price. I wonder if these mini games will be included in the new Red Chain or E6 II software.

For Protee, bubba22 and I will start bugging them again soon about adding the various scramble modes. We need to have these modes put in and tested before this Fall's online tournaments.

I wonder what they have in store overall. I think of that show "big break <wherever>" on the golf channel. They always have cool games they are playing and I wish I could give them a shot, but the practice facility at my course just isn't set up like that.

Like the one where they try to hit the ball through the glass or plexiglass or w/e it is. Or the one where they get points for hitting inside the rings around the hole by pitching..

just seem like fun challenges that you could do with friends or online and use as a way to actually enjoy your practice session, but maybe not what they intend to do with this sim software.

Oh, I agree with you that these mini games and challenges would be fun to have. Trying to get them to add these feature would be like pulling teeth. It would be easier for PerfectParallel or Red Chain to make these games available on their not yet finished software.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I agree with ZMax. Both of us will start contacting ProTee very soon to add the scramble modes etc. I agree Ping. I think those "Big Break" challenges would be great. Perhaps Z, we can request that when we start bugging ProTee. Of course the the scramble modes should be done first I think. ProTee were working on a proprietery driving range software. Perhaps adding some Big Brek modes to tt would be easier than Red Chain. ZMax, remind me to mention that when we contact ProTee.

That was my next thought. If protee was open enough for a 3rd party to write software for it. But if they are already doing a driving range, I think games like this would be cool to work on. Though Dennis probably shudders at the idea of writing networking code for his driving range software :p

Worth a mention.

Sure think bubba22.

It would help if we knew how far along the new Red Chain software is coming, if at all.

Good point Z. Will send a starting email to Dean now. Sending one to ProTee as well to start the Software requests. I wonder if rdh has heard anything?

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Hey! A shout out to me! I was in contact with Dean regularly for a couple years, but I've really been out of things for a while now. Combination of reasons...but I am still keenly interested in seeing new software options move forward. The last I was in contact with dean it sounded like they were putting their energy into their "next gen" software, and were only upgrading/improving the current version where it was contracted/paid for by the respective hardware companies that license their software. It's probably going on two years ago now that dean was talking about their next generation software...and there hasn't been a screenshot or anything still. I am skeptical there will be a next generation release...but hopeful. A year or so ago (might have been longer) he emailed me to ask about things I would suggest for their software, and I specifically mentioned some of the big break challenges (breaking glass, hitting to greens with target/point circles, etc.) and he said they were looking at building those in. If it ever happens...it would be great.

I think perfect parallel and E6II are more promising as they are somewhat concrete (they do exist and we've seen preliminary screenshots/videos). We'll see how it all plays out.

Nice to connect with you guys again...I used to be super active on the forums and I loved it...a real passion and I know why some of you are so actively involved here. We all want to bring as much realism and options for features, etc. to the simulator world. Keep up the great work guys...you're driving this industry forward!

Thanks rdh. Your input here has been awesome. Keep us posted if you hear anything!

Thread Information