CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Golf courses for sale

Watching the news and they reported at least 6 golf courses for sale in the area!!!
    They mentioned Tecumseh but nothing else.
    Does anyone have any info on this or are they out to lunch on the report.

Gap Wedge MoneymanJP is on a distinguished road MoneymanJP's Avatar
    Hi Marcos.
    I was playing Manderley today and my playing partner was interviewed for that news clip. Glen Mar is up for sale. Thats the only other one I know.
    I am trying to find the news program online to see if they use footage of my swings. Played amazing with the cameras on.

Driver Muddler is on a distinguished road
    I don't know what station was out taping but I heard about this on CBC today. They don't seem to say specifically which are for sale, but they mention a few clubs in the report: Manderley, Rideau Glen and Club de Golf Tecumseh.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...velopment.html

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Let's not forget Bearbrook. There was also a posting on KIJIJI last week for a going golf course business on Carp Rd. for sale. That would be Irish Hills, in my estimation. Timber Run in Lanark is also for sale. That would be six, that I am aware of...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    I heard that Mont. Ste. Marie is for sale.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    I heard that Mont. Ste. Marie is for sale.
    No - the municipality has take over the course and is running television ads to drum up more business.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I have played hammond twice in the last week---apparently it has been sold or is in the process. A contractor from Rockland apparently.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    It's worth noting that all of the courses being mentioned are lower end / budget courses. Running a golf course well interns of maintenance requires a lot of money. If you can't get enough golfers the conditions will suffer, resulting in fewer golfers. It's a vicious cycle.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Hammond as in fact been purchased...expect changes and upgrades!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    In my little part of the world I have to wonder about the impact of EQ. Particularly this year with their flex pass...

First let me say I like Rideau Glen it is a fun little course, folks are friendly - I often play it with my wife who is still new to golf. That said if you purchase a flex pass 18 at EQ is $36 on the weekend. That's what Rideau Glen charges as a rack rate. (they don't have a flex pass type of deal so hard to compare) Manderley has a club card that is 50 bucks less than EQ and their weekend rate is 29. I don't know that the money is that far off to make much difference between those two courses... on that one it probably comes down to preference. I know what mine is.

6 Iron bbbeam is on a distinguished road
    CTV Ottawa also ran a story on this in last night's news cast - and they said it is closer to one dozen courses up for sale. So all the courses mentioned above would make sense. Plus, the local municipality running Mont. St. Marie is proabably not a long term arrangement if they can not somehow manage to break even - so I would consider it on the block. Also, what about Riverbend ? I know the Champions Nest group has taken it on, but is that a long term arrangement or is it 'on the block' as well ?

3 Wood 3putt is on a distinguished road 3putt's Avatar

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Sad to see some of the older courses up for sale...but I have to say good riddance to Tecumpseh and their members playing in groups of 5...

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putt View Post
    From this article it says that its not in any finacial difficulty. The owner's children who live in the USA have no interrest in it.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Heritage is a fun track to play...

Gap Wedge MoneymanJP is on a distinguished road MoneymanJP's Avatar
    Riverbend I believe is for sale. The owners tried to put a development in the back of it but ran into MOE problems with the Jock right there.

Irish Hills; now I heard that this course had an owner pass away and the daughter took it over. Might go up for sale and may already be on the market.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sebber View Post
    Hammond as in fact been purchased...expect changes and upgrades!
    Played with a couple of members yesterday (Fri). Said sale is to be done by Sep 1 and confirmed sale to Rockland contractor who apparently was more interested in the sand/gravel pit portion of the property to the east. "Nice guy" but no golf experience. Apparently the owner of Nation was "in" at one point but then dropped out. Members hopeful of some turn around as conditions have deteriorated with the pending sale.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneymanJP View Post
    Riverbend I believe is for sale. The owners tried to put a development in the back of it but ran into MOE problems with the Jock right there.

Irish Hills; now I heard that this course had an owner pass away and the daughter took it over. Might go up for sale and may already be on the market.
    In fact, Riverbend is in receivership. $20 rounds while the mess gets sorted out. The same owners lost their other course as well. The course is in surprisingly good shape all thing considered.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

6 Iron EagleEagle is on a distinguished road
    I had heard that there are too many golf courses in Ottawa and area and with the job lay-offs in government and the cost of day to day life people are being much more frugal with their cash.Why the lower end courses are taking the hit I don't know.The weather has not really help this year but some of theses courses have been years in the making.Golf is an expensive sport and I think money is getting tighter and we have too many golf courses at this point.

Thread Information