CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Par gwil is on a distinguished road

Membership Recommendations

I am with Clublink as a Lincoln member but that is ending soon and I cannot justify the expense of CL as a golf option going forward.

Wanted to hear from members and their experiences at their courses. I live in Stittsville so looking for something reasonably close that is also kid friendly in the evenings.

Gerry

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    What about Gen Mar?

Glen Mar is quite close to home - it is an ok course and certainly an option. Greensmere is an option as well although not a big fan of the new 18.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I'd take a good look at Greensmere...a very active membership on 36 holes.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I was just thinking that Glen Mar is not as busy as others, and that it might be a good place for kids to learn and practice the game of golf without the pressure to many members on the course (more relaxed pace of play)... Greensmere is a great course as well....

Mississippi Golf and Country club seemed nice as well, I only played it once though....

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    My main issue with Glen mar is actually the membership....the membership there is an older group and to be honest kinda grumpy. I played a few weeks ago with a couple members and they made a few comments about how the younger generation (i guess myself) do things on the course. Rounds are slow there, and please dont take your push cart anywere near the tee box or they loose there mind, im not talking on it but near the slop of the hill up to the tee box. These members kept telling the marshal all the things people did wrong and made them go and tell them.

To be honest it was quite annoying and not somethign that i would want to put up with all year long.
    Twitter: Gropper76

Thanks Chris...good to know.... I was not aware....

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I find Hammond (in the East end) to be similar in term of its members.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

I like the Canadian but the tournaments can be a problem. Great practice facility though.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    I'd pass on Glen Mar and jump all over Mississippi or Smiths Falls is another option , great membership there , nice course , practice facility etc

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Mississippi is a great course with really friendly staff and the memebers I have met there seem like really nice people.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Take a look at Pakenham - It has 27 holes, you get Calabogie free too. I was a member there for years before I moved away and joined CL when I go back. Also - Loch March is about 2000-2500 and one that compares to the CL courses you have been playing.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Which Clublink courses have you been playing? As mentioned above, unless you're looking at other Private courses, it's going to be tough to compare in some aspects. I really like Loch March, but the bugs are RIDICULOUS there this year. So much, that I think I'll wait until the Fall to play again. Marshes is nice, but it's over 4k to be a member there. I guess it depends on how far you're willing to drive. I like to be within 20 to 40 minutes of a course I'm a member at. Otherwise, you're spending an hour and a half in no traffic for the commute and a ridiculous amount of gas money if you play often.

Shagging Balls dmartin is on a distinguished road
    From your end of the city Mountain creek and Arnprior golf are also excellent choices. Not as lush as clublink courses;
    but neither is St. Andrews. "Kids love the creek".

good luck with your search

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    Mountain Creek is well know for their junior programs.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Try eQuinelle, I have a flex pass and the course is in terrific shape.

Driver threeunder is on a distinguished road
    Carleton golf and yacht club.. Junior program is one of the best in the city and the course is always pristine

Quote Originally Posted by threeunder View Post
    Carleton golf and yacht club.. Junior program is one of the best in the city and the course is always pristine
    This is a good point, except the OP said he was not interested in going with Clublink because of the costs associated. I have a feeling Carleton might be out of his price range as well.

Putter D-Train is on a distinguished road
    Mississippi is a great, fun course. However I've heard that senior members (those that have been there awhile) get the preferential tee times - new members get slighted.

Lob Wedge Casselview is on a distinguished road
    We have backspin pricing on our memberships for next season! Call the pro-shop or e-mail our Manager of Member services Eric Paquette (eric@casselview.com) for more info. He can help you determine the right membership type for your needs and budget.

Our facilities include a driving range, a full service restaurant and a dedicated manager of member services to organize member events.

The Op said he lived in Stittsville and wants something reasonably close.... . Casselman?

Lob Wedge Casselview is on a distinguished road
    Hi Txxxxxxx, the info was posted for whoever reads the forum and is looking to join a golf club

We are of easy access from the highway 417 (exit 66) which can make things easier to get a round in if a person travels from the Ouest end to East end on a regular basis (after work etc).

Thread Information