CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge depeltea is on a distinguished road

Clubmaker Insurance for Part Time Home Business

Hi,

I've been scouring the planet for this insurance and it seems to have dried up, especially here in Canada and for part-time home business types.

Some companies offered this type of insurance in Canada to members of certain organizations (PCS at least and maybe GEA) but have now dropped it.

For those of you who do clubmaking out of the home and charge for your work do you do it without insurance? Do you have insurance coverage?

Has anyone recently successfully acquired or renewed this type of insurance (part time home based specifically)? If so, what company did you get it from, what organization did you have to be a member of, and how much did it cost?

Thanks,
    Gary

3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar

Clubmakers insurance

I had it for years, but it kept going up, way out of hand for a part time business. What used to cost about $250. 8 yrs ago the cheapest that I found was from Precept group from around the Toronto area. I dropped it this year @ Approx. $800. I guess I will take my chances. If you need the actual info let me know and I can dig it up.

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    What do you want to insure, the equipment and inventories or liability? For equipment and inventories, I have pay a supplement/premium on my home insurance (something like 60$ a year). For liability, I take my chances since I don't do fitting at my place. I live in Quebec and Desjardins provides a home insurance with coverage for home businesses. I am not certain it is offered in Ontario. Ask your broker.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Pitching Wedge depeltea is on a distinguished road

Liability biggest concern

Hi,

Liability is my biggest concern, but not so much liability against customer injury should they be injurred while on my property or using my sample/fitting clubs. I'm more worried about liability resulting from injury or property damage if the head of a club I make flies off. I know the odds are low but the potential damages are huge.

..Gary

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I can try to find out for you also. No companies are open today. I will look it up on monday, April 2, 2005 if not too busy.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Bad news. No companies that I represent will add this type of home-run business (namely products/completed operations liability) to a homeowner's policy. It of course can be insured, but you're looking at a seperate commercial insurance policy, with minimum annual premiums of $1000.

Thread Information