100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar

Anyone played St-Lawrence University course in Canton NY?

Like post says was thinking of playing there this weekend. Have played other courses close to the border but not this one. Any thoughts on this course? Not a lot of reviews on line.

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    It sounds like a nice course, I don't know alot about it but a co-workers son used to attend that university and he'd go down and play it on a regular basis, he had only good things to say about it.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Worth the drive.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    That would be me, Sunny D - was just there this past weekend. I'd put it at about a 6-7 on a scale of 10. That would be compared to Partridge Run which, for the area, I'd put at an 8-9. It is an extremely flat course which cuts through both forested and open areas. Not bad condition but definitely not on the same level as Partridge Run. What frustrated my wife and I the most was the lack of ANY visible yardage stakes! As this is the University course, I am not sure if this is intentional to force the golf team to visualize depth and distance - but, as my wife observed, schools out so put the stakes in! They do have blocks at ground level in the fairway indicating distance. However, too much time is spent running around trying to find them! We had two days of unlimited golf for the course. However, we chose to spend the second day at Partridge Run and were very, very happy that we did.

Service is good, staff are friendly...hotel accommodations on site (Best Western Plus) are excellent.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Imozzie - thanks very much for the advice, turns out that I did not get down last weekend but I am going down this Sunday so I will certainly play Partridge run.

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    One of my favorite courses in the area 30 bucks with cart , better greens then most courses

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    So which is better, Partridge Run or University course? I'm taking my father on Friday. He mentioned that Partridge Run was just top dressed, so the greens might not be the greatest. He also mentioned that he thought the University course was easier. Is it worth the drive from Ottawa? Patridge Run green fee and cart is $30. I think that the University course is the same.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    The better course is definitely Partridge Run wrt condition and layout with greater variety of holes and elevation. The easier course is definitely the University course - more flat and more open. Even if the greens were freshly top dressed, IMHO I would see Partridge Run as being worth the drive; the University course....not so much.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Partridge is better , but that said Duke and your Uncle Sam cant break 100 there

Just played Partridge run. It is a very nice course, great staff and you will use all the clubs in the bag.... and it would be best to have your concentration going as well.

If beer is in fact $2.50 a can, the only thing I will be breaking is the seal on a bottle of Tylenol. There are advantages to living in close proximity to one of the most economically disadvantaged regions in the United States.....A far cry from the $24 cost of two tall cans on my most recent monthly statement. I litterally laughed out loud when I read it. Sadly it was not a typo.

My father told me its on him. Won money off of some chump from Morrisburg!

That would be the Barber

Fairway Junkie CDELA is on a distinguished road CDELA's Avatar
    Playing Malone next week. Would like to play a North country course on way back to Ottawa. Anyone play Potsdam Town & Country Club? Comparison to Partridge Run? Any other worthwhile clubs in this area?

Thread Information