I've been working on hitting a little push-draw as my stock shot and I think I'm running into issues with ball position. The person I had been taking instruction from keeps trying to get me to play the ball 2 inches inside my left heel for almost all clubs but I'm finding it impossible to set up square and not catch the ball on the aft part of the arc. I'm also aware that 'low point' is around my left shoulder so I should be able to hit in/out but for whatever reason I just can't feel free to do so. Maybe because my shoulders are closed to my foot line? The foundation of the instruction is a bit stack and tilty which I moved to because of this shot shape but it's giving me greif. The only way I can manage to draw from this ball position setup is to shut my stance but this just means in essence I'm hitting a pull draw and I feel very closed off.

When I mess around I find that even with long irons a ball position just forward of center makes so I can set up square and still feel like I can hit on the inside part of the arc.

Just curious to where people tend to play things?