+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonb View Post
    Golfmaxx did you not see the product description associated with purchases of the Optishot through places like Amazon?
    ***NEW: OptiShot Open Series - 3 Free National Championship Courses
    ***NEW: 6 month FREE subscription to Optishot Live Launch online competition
    or is that you have seen this before and are skeptical?
    It just seems weird that they are selling the Optishot with the 3 free courses and online play (that doesn't exist as of yet ) also, why is the promotion only on amazon and not even on DD's own website ?? Or anywhere else ?? Just seems odd they wouldn't at least mention it ?

Lob Wedge bpep is on a distinguished road
    Agreed. How do u start selling something on Amazon that doesn't exist yet? Would like to hear from someone who bought it and what they were told. Seems like false advertising. I could see if it was a couple of days on Amazon before announcement, but it's been on there for weeks now. Maybe Cory, Zmax, or Bubba know something. I contacted the VP an he is nice but sounds like technical guys are dropping the ball. We continue to wait.

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    As someone who is just getting started with Optishot, I think this is pretty exciting. It's a great time to buy one! If I already owned one, I might not feel that way.

Putter jonb is on a distinguished road
    Jsgregg after you have bought your Optishot let us know how the online play works.........

Pitching Wedge throttle is on a distinguished road
    I actually bought that Amazon deal last week. No online play and no free courses just yet. That's what made me pull the trigger on it. I'll email support and let you guys know what the deal is. As far as improvements in just a week of use - make it more accurate please, I get it that we wont get spin or launch angle, but at least get club head speed and swing path with in 5% tolerances and some attempt to adhere to the current ball flight laws

Quote Originally Posted by throttle View Post
    I actually bought that Amazon deal last week. No online play and no free courses just yet. That's what made me pull the trigger on it. I'll email support and let you guys know what the deal is. As far as improvements in just a week of use - make it more accurate please, I get it that we wont get spin or launch angle, but at least get club head speed and swing path with in 5% tolerances and some attempt to adhere to the current ball flight laws

Thanks for the update Throttle. If you set up the lighting properly and tape your clubs then tweak your speed and offsets it won't be perfect but enough to be a whole lot of fun !!

Sand Wedge fewgoodcards is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone know what the new courses are going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by fewgoodcards View Post
    Does anyone know what the new courses are going to be?
    Yes, the courses are Red Wickers, Golden Gate, and Capitol Club.

Thanks. So those are all currently available. Any word on if they are going to unlock them for current owners?

I am not sure. This is where I found the courses:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....367700389_.pdf

According to that the online play is part of a new software update that will be available starting tomorrow to all owners. Hopefully that also includes the courses as those are nice courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsgregg View Post
    Yes, the courses are Red Wickers, Golden Gate, and Capitol Club.
    Looks like those came with my package already unlocked, sorry my bad. So the only thing missing is online play....

Quote Originally Posted by throttle View Post
    Looks like those came with my package already unlocked, sorry my bad. So the only thing missing is online play....

Just checked and there is no online play as if yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    Just checked and there is no online play as if yet ?
    Do you have the 3 courses? Just fired mine up and it says available for purchase still.

Do you have the 3 courses? Just fired mine up and it says available for purchase still.
    Hey fewgoodcards, when did you buy your Optishot?

September

After reading the Amazon link listed above, I wonder if this promotion started in November?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsgregg View Post
    After reading the Amazon link listed above, I wonder if this promotion started in November?
    From what I understand any other time they have added courses to the free list any user would get them, not just people who purchased an optishot after those courses were added. I don't understand why now it would only be for people who buy new.

I am sure you are right. I am probably reading into the "fine print".

Here is my email from support...

Just checked your OptiShot registration and it is fully authorized for the OptiShot Open Series package of three Premium Courses, so you are all set. Those courses are:
    Red Wickers
    Capitol Club
    Golden Gate Club

If the courses are not yet playable on your OptiShot computer, please make sure that it is connected to the Internet and start the OptiShot software. When prompted, choose to update and the courses will be made available to you.

If you are still not able to fully play the courses and you are not prompted to update, then a fresh start is in order. Please follow the link below for instructions on:
    How to Perform a Clean Installation of the OptiShot Software
    After re-installation, start the software and enter your key and the next time you start the software your courses will be made available to you.

As for OptiShot Live, is not yet released to the public but will be soon. I do not have a hard date to share but when it is available, you will be prompted by the OptiShot software to update.

If you have any further questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lob Wedge bpep is on a distinguished road
    Well it looks like only new owners get the free courses. So much for being loyal customers...

Hi Brian,

This offer is only for those that buy a new OptiShot. However you will be entitled to the 6 months of free membership to OptiShot Live! The release of online play, "Live", will hopefully be this month and will be delivered via a software update so stay tuned.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Jonathan B Cole Technical Support Lead | Dancin' Dogg Golf +1 (866) 867-6771 +1 (231) 225-9773

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Wow. That is low. Management has become greedy. Loyal customers getting the shaft? If I was you guys, I wouldn't be buying any more courses. You'd be throwing money down the drain....eBay now....
    Last edited by ZMax; 12-17-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    This will hurt Optishot! They need to be good to loyal customers.

Well that sucks. One of the reasons I went with optishot was the understanding that when new free updates and courses were added that existing customers would have access to those as well. I guess that policy has changed. I also noticed that their newer premium courses now cost $75 instead of $50. So first they offer a plus 3 package for European buyers that you can't get in the US and now since I bought mine in September instead of November I would have to pay extra for these courses. Great customer service.

Well that sucks. One of the reasons I went with optishot was the understanding that when new free updates and courses were added that existing customers would have access to those as well. I guess that policy has changed. I also noticed that their newer premium courses now cost $75 instead of $50. So first they offer a plus 3 package for European buyers that you can't get in the US and now since I bought mine in September instead of November I would have to pay extra for these courses. Great customer service.

I already have all the courses and feel a little cheated . I have to say I love my Optishot and the customer support is excellent but I really don't like the way we are kept in the dark when it comes to courses, price changes, future options . Also they do not promote anything on their own website ? It seems strange that we find out deals, changes and promotions from other places like emails and amazon ?

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    My own sense is that Optishot is a small company that is in trouble. New courses are expensive to program, and they're not "giving them away" anymore. (unless they pirate course programs as other simulators supposedly have) I am increasingly reluctant to buy a new course unless it is outstanding. $75 a pop is just too much. For instance, the courses in the European highlands don't appeal to me at all.

I suggest that this forum focus more on qualitative ratings of existing Opitshot courses and new ones coming out. I love playing Optishot, which has resulted in hours of fun and improvement of my game. I'll keep it, but be very selective in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    If I was you guys, I wouldn't be buying any more courses. You'd be throwing money down the drain....eBay now....
    Interesting...why throwing money down the drain? Is something new about to be released that will be a showstopper?

When I bought my Optishot last week, I noticed that everyone seems to be selling them for a pretty discounted price. I got mine for $320 from Rockbottomgolf plus got a $50 gift card with it. I then noticed that the other big golf retailers were also giving $50 gift cards with the purchase of an already discounted Optishot. I was wondering to myself if they are trying to blow out inventory to get ready for some kind of updated hardware, software, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    I really don't like the way we are kept in the dark when it comes to courses, price changes, future options . Also they do not promote anything on their own website ? It seems strange that we find out deals, changes and promotions from other places like emails and amazon ?
    This exactly is the thing that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I kept checking their site for info on online play and the new championship pack promotion...but nada. I couldn't find anything.

Putter hberger is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

I've bought an optishot this christmas and, after installation, here are the features I'd like to have.

The fact that score cards can't be registered was very surprising for me as there is already a option to save and resume a game ; so I guess registering previous game is a very easy feature to implement and a very nice feature to have (see improvements).

With that features, there are all stats that can be easilly provided : GIR, FIR,, %pars, ... so we can have a real visualisation of improvement.
    Currently, the only way to see improvement is to export shots stats to excel (without dateTime) ...

So, here is my main wish list ; these are only software implementations, rather easy to do.

After that, I can understand that increasing accurency is hard with such a price and technology chosen.

Online play ? I'm not asking : I'm not playing with putting as I find hard to convert a distance to a putting sensation and the path of the ball is broken by the second range of sensors. So I play wihtout putting below 10m.

Anyway, a very good product for the price.

7 Wood CatMan is on a distinguished road CatMan's Avatar
    Optishot Live to launch this Fall, get ready alll

Thread Information