CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    7 Iron gotenks94 is on a distinguished road

What would you like to see new with the Optishot.

I'm started a thread for the optishot owners asking what will you like to see new for the Optishot as in hardware/software and features. All inputs will be appreciated...

Please don't just view leave a comment. I have talked with the new president and COO of Optishot and would like to share with him your ideas and thoughts to what you would like to see with the optishot.

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    I would love if optishot : Had online play with tournaments , had real stats like GIR's and all the regular PGA ones, more realistic roll , especially on approach shots, had random weather including rain , had better sound effects like wind, creeks and the ocean, had a choice of pin positions , made all courses with a " mirror" (reversed all holes so we can double our library), had a ball launch sensor for topped shots, had more courses, brought back Georgia Peach,had a course designer option, had a place to save amazing shots, had a gallery option, rated all courses with a difficulty number from one to ten, came with much softer turf, let you skip player , had best ball option whers you can choose to play from your or your partners position, the flags moved with the wings, had an option to see a reverse replay and a reverse camera option to see the ball land. Made the youtube previews more than 30 seconds.

I love my optishot but these options and changes would make it absolutely fantastic. Thats all I can think of for now ! CHEERS
    Last edited by Golfmaxxx; 07-12-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks for your reply we need more to join us the new President of the company want to make this system better but if no one speak up then you no the rest to that.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gotenks94 View Post
    Thanks for your reply we need more to join us the new President of the company want to make this system better but if no one speak up then you no the rest to that.
    New President????????

Yes new president and COO of optishot.

Kevin Johnston
    President, COO | OptiShot Golf
    400 West Front St, 200 | Traverse City, MI 49684
    Direct - 517.304.1324
    Connect - www.facebook.com/dancindogg
    email - kevinj@dancindogg.com

OPTISHOT GOLF
    Leading the Home Golf Revolution!

Interesting. Was there a press release? Haven't seen any info on this change.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Interesting. Was there a press release? Haven't seen any info on this change.
    No Bubba22 there was no press release as far as I no, I was shocked when I heard the info, that is one of the biggest problems that I have with them is that they don't give any info about anything to their customers it's always a last minute thing. All that suppose to change but time will tell if it do, but talking to him he made things seem promising so I will give him the fair chance and see if not I'm pulling the trigger and getting the Protee something I think I'm going to do any way, but i'm waiting to see what they gone do i'm just curious. I ask you buuba22 since you had the optishot what would you like to see in new changes to the optishot as far as hardware/software.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    I think their hardware is fine for their market. It isn't very accurate and they don't even use the correct ball flight laws but no one seems to care...99% of the requests are for more features not accuracy in simulation.

Online play will probably expand their market more than anything else. And supporting the typical duffer type tournament formats that people are used to.

I've asked them to make the ball visible in flight like in real life so one doesn't always need those video game ball tracers. And to make optional that display that always pops up in the centre of the screen after hitting a ball. Still waiting on those!

I agree 100% faultyclubs i think we all have ask that, but what they are telling me that what they are doing is going to have us all impressed, I hope not much as in software but hardware. To me software is fine, but hardware needs big improvement.

Putter vikramg is on a distinguished road

Cool Suggestion from a long term user

Just got my second optishot after the first one cracked after too many shots over 3 years.
    Some suggestion to improve an already impressive product.

For starters , keeping track of your past scores and a handicap system so that you can track your improvement .
    Not a big deal , I see no reason why your course scores should be thrown away .

Different handicaps for different players , so that you can fairly compete with other better/worse players .
    Online play will be big big plus.
    Getting stats like driving distance, Fairways hit , Gir, distance to the pin , putts per round etc will be a added bonus

More realistic ball check and roll out on the green , currently all shots stop within 4-5 feet
    Using a camera for launch angle ,
    using cameras to play back swing recorded after each shot, Ala P3pro..
    Better turf like fibrebuilt as an option
    Did not like the transformer inspired graphics on the update with extra thick borders, the older look was much more classy.
    Audio level controls
    Using new ball flight laws for ball flights .The ball currently starts out in the direction of the swing path
    Ability to set target distances in the Practice range

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    From a business perspective, adding online playing capability would be most productive. It would really boost sales.

Lob Wedge bpep is on a distinguished road

upgrades

Two main upgrades I hope to see soon are a launch monitor and online play. These are two features would really enhance the system. Additionally, I'd like to see a course architect tool so we could build our home courses which would b really cool. All features suggested on this thread are great and I really hope to see something come out for the holidays.

Gap Wedge Lupo is on a distinguished road
    I'm not very confident that the suggestions in this thread will help. The DancinDogg home page has a 'Feature Requests' section where all the customers' requests mentioned here have already been written down with little effect.
    Even very simple improvements, like these two suggestions I made nearly a year ago, remain disregarded.

http://helpdesk.dancindogg.com/entri...43-End-of-Game
    http://helpdesk.dancindogg.com/entri...e-threads-here

Why should DD show interrest in what we write here, if they ignore their customers' feedbacks in their own homepage?

Putter mobyman98 is on a distinguished road
    Amazon.com has the Optishot Open Series. I don't know what courses are included though.
    • NEW: OptiShot Open Series - 3 Free National Championship Courses
    • NEW: 6 month FREE subscription to Optishot Live Launch online competition

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    They got online play? Anybody tried it yet? Bye bye P3pro...

No official announcements yet ?? Must be a rumor for now

It's not a rumor. I talked to the VP of sales and he said they were releasing online play and a US Open course pack end of the month. I'm thinking next week hopefully. Get ready for online optishot everyone!!

Pitching Wedge Unkynd is on a distinguished road
    I wouldn't buy another OptiShot unless it was significantly more accurate. The accuracy was so bad that I quit using it altogether.

Well thats sounds great ! I cant wait to see how it plays and how much fun it is playing others. I hope we'll be able to see all the players shots as well. Some should start an optishot online game forum.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Unkynd I agree. I had less than $1000 to spend. Tried Optishot for 2 months was horrible and would not read right. The P3pro actually reads swings somewhat correctly. So for this range it's the only one that actually worked for me. It would be nice if there was a Launch Monitor for around the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    Unkynd I agree. I had less than $1000 to spend. Tried Optishot for 2 months was horrible and would not read right. The P3pro actually reads swings somewhat correctly. So for this range it's the only one that actually worked for me. It would be nice if there was a Launch Monitor for around the same price.
    Stay tuned!!!

Pitching Wedge Unkynd is on a distinguished road
    Can't wait for whatever bubba and Z have been hinting at to be announced.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Competition is a beautiful thing. 2 years ago, P3pro's Red Chain courses alone were selling at $1000 for 65 courses. Now, I see they have a sensor+92 courses for $799 minus $100 pre-black Friday deal. You can thank Optishot and mis-management for that.

Optishot had to come out with online play. But it would have been really smart if they had also added a LA cam and/or ball speed device. Online play is fun. You guys will enjoy it. But without some ball measurements, it'll only be slightly than Playstation. Also, the idea of charging a fee after 6 months is bad idea IMO.

Not that it matters....
    Last edited by ZMax; 11-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Bubba what are you talking about? Point me to a conversation or something?? lol

Putter jonb is on a distinguished road
    I have been using the Optishot for about 4 months and absolutely love it. I find it does a good job of reading my Cleveland CG16 Tour irons. I tend to play from the front tees and not play driver and I very rarely get a flakey results. I have found that playing the ball close to the front set of sensors with changes to the offset results in the most accurate readings and doesn't penalize you as much for a well struck ball that hits the turf after the ball.
    I see that the Optishot Live Launch is available for new purchases of the Optishot but there is no mention of how existing customers get access to it. Is an announcement expected in the near future from DDG? Is the online play actually working now? Has anybody bought a new unit and used it? Any information on this would be appreciated. Online play on the Optishot would be great!!

Quote Originally Posted by bpep View Post
    It's not a rumor. I talked to the VP of sales and he said they were releasing online play and a US Open course pack end of the month. I'm thinking next week hopefully. Get ready for online optishot everyone!!
    Maybe it was just too good to be true ?? Not sure if the new ones include online play for 6 months ?? I would think all the existing players would get the same deal. I haven't found a crumb of evidence that optishot will bee online yet .
    cross your fingers ?

I just got a reply from the VP a few days ago.... Crossing Fingers..

Brian,

Thanks for the note....OptiShot Live should be working over the next few weeks. When I get the nod from my tech team, I will give you a shout. Feel free to keep in touch with me as well and touch base by the end of the year.

Thanks for your continued support of OptiShot.

Thanks,

Steve

----------------------------------------Steven Konold VP, Sales; | OptiShot Golf Direct - 231-421-2392 Mobile- 530-401-3373 Connect - www.facebook.com/dancindogg email - stevek@dancindogg.com www.optishotgolf.com

Seems like they planned on earlier release, but probably had issues. I would expect bugs if we do get to see it soon. Wonder if you will need a web cam or how they plan on doing it. Hope its soon, tired of waiting.

Putter jonb is on a distinguished road
    Golfmaxx did you not see the product description associated with purchases of the Optishot through places like Amazon?
    ***NEW: OptiShot Open Series - 3 Free National Championship Courses
    ***NEW: 6 month FREE subscription to Optishot Live Launch online competition
    or is that you have seen this before and are skeptical?

Thread Information