CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar

Turning Stone NY

Hey guys...the wife and I are going to be visiting Turning Stone in Verona NY in a couple of weeks. I know that they have a number of courses. Just wondering which would be recommended by those who have been there. Looks like a beautiful resort and would like a scenic but challenging round. Recommendations???
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Timely---we were in Syracuse over the weekend and were told about Turning Stone---supposed to be something. I am a little confused though---the first time I checked it out I found "specials for 3 nights--3 rounds for 379.00 pp---the next time I checked the lowest price I could find was over 500.00 pp.

It looks like a nice place---wonder if you can get "off property" packages ? It has 3 regulation and 2 9 hole courses.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Accommodation

Mac - A neighbour told us about their 'Special July Room Rates'. On July 1, 8, 9, 10, 17, 22 and 29, you can stay in either the Tower or the Hotel for $39!!! Single King or dble Queen rooms (which we have been advised are the larger of the two). Use the promo code 'JULY". Not sure whether or not they do it for other months but will be finding out when we're down there. Makes the golf a whole lot cheaper!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hi Immozie---yes we were told to ask for a "poker room" when calling BUT then after you have been tranferred ---not to use the term poker room ????

I have heard all kinds of good reports--hopefully yours will be good as well.

We do plan a trip in the fall to compare to Malone and Lake Placid.

Thanks.

PS---it must be something---Tiger is supposed to be there this month playing along with a few other notables.
    Last edited by big mac; 07-04-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: forgot something
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Eagle mmack067 is on a distinguished road mmack067's Avatar
    You won't be disappointed in the courses. I've played Shenendoah and Kaluhyat and they're fantastic courses. Kaluhyat is very tough with lots of greens that fall off on the sides.

Looking forward to it!

Golf Nut wings is on a distinguished road
    I've played all three almost every year (golf trip) and all three are phenomenal! Kaluhyat is really tough but a beauty and shenendoah is more links style but still pretty challenging. Atunyote is just beautiful from the minute you drive up. It's the only one that isnt on the resort but it's about 5 minutes away. It's long and pretty wide open, but the fairways are like greens. Tiger is playing there this fall in the Notah Begay tournament... It's pricey at close to $250 but worth it if you only get out there once. We usually play that one every other year to try and keep the costs down but every time we go, we've never had anyone in front of us or behind us.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    NB3 Foundation Challenge

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11am
    Atunyote® Golf Club
    General Admission Tickets - $50

An event featuring the world's best golfers competing to raise awareness and support Native American children.

Team USA
    Notah Begay III
    Rickie Fowler
    Bo Van Pelt
    Tiger Woods

Team Asia
    KJ Choi
    James Hahn
    John Huh
    Charlie Wi

Team International
    Nicolas Colsaerts
    Charl Schwartzel
    Henrik Stenson
    Lee Westwood

Putter s1green is on a distinguished road
    I was just there at the end of June with my wife. What a beautiful place. We played at Shenendoah as my wife is fairly new to golf so we were looking for something that she would enjoy. Very nice layout but challenging. We went with the Putt, Pub and Play package and added an extra night for 560$ CDN for both of us. We chose to stay in the tower and were not disappointed. I would be careful about eating at TS Steakhouse (Steaks are pricy there. we have had better for much cheaper back in Ottawa) I would try another restaurant on site.

I would recommend this place and we are thinking about returning in the fall.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Can anybody tell me how far it is from Ottawa?

Putter s1green is on a distinguished road
    Its about a 3 1/2 hour drive

Thread Information