CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road

Left-handed iron heads?

Hi folks,

Can someone recommend a good left-handed progressive iron set, preferably forged? I've been looking around a bit, but most of the heads are available in right-hand only :po

Cheers,
    Krolik.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Off the top of my head.
    Try Golfsmith # se2900ls

Not forged but excellent clubs. I had a set 2 years ago and wish I had kept it.

Product Details
    Snake Eyes® Quick Strike Iron Heads

The eye-catching, contemporary set make up of the new Quick Strike iron heads replaces the hard-to-hit long irons with hybrid utility clubs, and replaces middle irons with hollow, game-improving designs. The short irons maintain a classic scoring set up.

This evolving set make up progresses throughout the set to retain continuity, yet each head has received individual design optimizations that are unique for that specific loft’s maximum performance and ease of play for players of all abilities.

Thanks Andre, that's a nice option, but I was looking for something with a bit less game improvement, basically progressive cavity throughout the set without the hybrids.

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Are you interested in only component heads, or will OEM do? If OEM, I would have to recommend the Nike Pro Combos. I picked up a set last month and have been hitting them all this month. I must admit I was never a big Nike Golf fan, but these irons are very nice and I'm really happy with them. I too am a forged fan and have owned Hogan Apex Plus, Cleveland TA3's and Tommy Armour 845M (forged blades). These Pro Combos have great feel, clean looks, and just enough forgiveability. And you can get a set fairly cheap right now as Nike is releasing the newer Pro Combo Tour model, which to me looks exactly like the original model.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Raven makes forged heads that are available in left-hand that you can mix and match between total blades and cavity backs. They are available in Mississauga here, although there may be an Ottawa clubmaker that carries them as well:

http://www.customclubshop.com/index....9c94e9760b847b

Lots of LH Nike Pro-Combo sets available on Ebay, but of course they are not heads-only.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

There's a Raven dealer/distributor in Kemptville. http://www.reodistributing.com/
    You can pick up heads right at their distribution centre if you want. I too have owned Raven blades. They were nice, but I found that they were a little too big and offset for me. Raven describes them as an "oversized blade". The good thing about Raven though, as you mentioned, you can mix and match the blade and cavity back heads.

Thanks for all the advise guys. In the end, I took jbrace's cue and tried the old pro combos at Pro Golf. I really liked the feel (and look!) of them, so they should be ready for the range on Wednesday

Funny how heavy they felt, especially the short irons, after my graphite-shafted CBs... I feel like I really need to swing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolik
    Thanks for all the advise guys. In the end, I took jbrace's cue and tried the old pro combos at Pro Golf. I really liked the feel (and look!) of them, so they should be ready for the range on Wednesday

Funny how heavy they felt, especially the short irons, after my graphite-shafted CBs... I feel like I really need to swing them.
    Congrats Krolik. Let us know how you like them.

Well, took them out to the range for the first time today... I must say I'm properly humbled. Maybe one out of five shots was anywhere near decent, most of the rest were tops, shanks, diggers, etc. I'm really surprised at how much more difficult it is to hold on to them after my old graphite sticks. On the bright side, whenever I did manage to get a pure shot, the feeling was great.

I think I'll put them on the shelf for the time being and sort out my swing first. Should only take a lifetime

Krolik.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolik
    Well, took them out to the range for the first time today... I must say I'm properly humbled. Maybe one out of five shots was anywhere near decent, most of the rest were tops, shanks, diggers, etc. I'm really surprised at how much more difficult it is to hold on to them after my old graphite sticks. On the bright side, whenever I did manage to get a pure shot, the feeling was great.

I think I'll put them on the shelf for the time being and sort out my swing first. Should only take a lifetime

Krolik.
    Give yourself a break. Probably your first time out in the last 5 months. Not ideal conditions either. It takes a while to get used to new clubs. Too early to pass judgment.

That was the fourth bucket since the ranges openned, so I was expecting some improvement... I'm not giving up on them though, just going back to the old lighter sitcks until I get into the groove. I'm just really surprised at how much harder they are to swing. That would be one of the goals this year: learn to hit them consistently by the time fesque is down

Well, after more torture at the range, I finally decided to give them a try on the course... and lo and behold, had two best rounds of the season Gotta say that they feel infinitely better than my old clubs, and strangely enough, even the mis are better than before as well.

Anyways, huge thumbs up for the Pro Combos

Thread Information