CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge jbsquash is on a distinguished road

Good instruction for beginner, south end

Hi all,
    I have just decided to pick up the game of golf as of a couple of weeks ago. I went to golftown to get geared up with my lefty gear so am ready to get going. Hit a few balls on the driving range this week and needless to say have some room for improvement. Thinking a few lessons may not be a bad idea just to get an understanding of where I should be hitting the ball in relation to my feet, how to make proper contact with the irons etc.

Wondering what people think of the instructors at the meadows which is near me? Seems to be quite reasonably priced at 4 30 min lessons for 140. I'm hopeful this would be enough to get me on my way with the basics so I can play a few times later in the year without to many bad habits. Don't want to get to serious this year but figure it might be better to take lessons early get some proper foundation then play about and revisit lessons next year.

Do people think this would be enough time for me to get going or have any other suggestions on who to see in the area? I am a true beginner but have some athletic ability as a squash pro.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Colin Orr at Falcon Ridge would be a good choice, as would Marc Levac (Pingman on this forum).

7 Iron sliceleft is on a distinguished road
    I (a beginner despite many years of sporadic play) took some lessons from Darrell Buchanan at Meadows last year, and was pleased with the result.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsquash View Post
    Wondering what people think of the instructors at the meadows which is near me? Seems to be quite reasonably priced at 4 30 min lessons for 140.
    Good price. I find that the shorter the lesson the better. I am working with an instructor now that works with me for 15 minutes each time I see him. I get a couple of things to work on and that's enough for me.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Lob Wedge jbsquash is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the replies. I have started to take lessons with Darrell Buchanan at the Meadows. So far I am very pleased. He keeps things simple for me as a beginner and I am seeing improvement for sure, very glad I decided to take lessons with him right away.

Thread Information