100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron tarmactrr is on a distinguished road

Anybody else using the PR-20 impact net from Westcoastnetting?

Just curious if anybody is using it and how their wear is on it. Reason I'm asking is mine is starting to fray apart in the area where most my balls hit after only 1 month of use. I can flip it around which should help prolong it a bit, but I was expecting the net to last a bit longer than it has before showing such wear.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Yes I've had mine for 3+ years now. I have a square net so I can rotate it/flip it and increase the use as the impact location moves around the netting.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Mine's been up a year. No wear but I am weak.

Quote Originally Posted by HRS View Post
    Mine's been up a year. No wear but I am weak.
    I don't believe power has anything to do with it. The spot where mine is wearing is from wedges, so I believe it has somethign to do with spin.

Here's a few pics of the wear that's occurred in about 1 month of use.
    Front

Back

Can see the weave separating

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Send that back.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Send that back.
    already called them.. they told me tough, as it's a wear item. I won't be buying anything from them again, that's for sure.

That damage was done with roughly 300 wedge shots.

That's not wear that is a product not fit for the purpose.

Send them another email suggesting that instead of you being so upset you start a relentless online campaign against their product they replace it with something that will suit the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    That's not wear that is a product not fit for the purpose.

Send them another email suggesting that instead of you being so upset you start a relentless online campaign against their product they replace it with something that will suit the purpose.
    I've been moving forward with this requesting warranty. If not I'll make sure as many people as possible see the problems with thier products.

Sand Wedge jwm is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmactrr View Post
    I've been moving forward with this requesting warranty. If not I'll make sure as many people as possible see the problems with thier products.
    I was going to order the PR20 and instead just ordered Cory's raw screen material. Thank you for the heads up. Good luck in getting it resolved.

+1 for for the forum, -1 for bad product/backup.

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    I bought the same net about 15 months ago and noticed the fraying .After really investigating I found it was indeed the wedges that were spinnng and doing the damage !! I also contacted them and they told me it was "normal" wear and tear. I checked all my balls and found that there were a couple dozen with scuff marks and even cracks in some of them. I changed them (230+) to a hard shell Nike ball, I have not had the problem since. I do check all the balls before I hit them for scuffs or cracks and I rotate my screen every couple of months. So far so good.

Well they are going to return my net and refund my money. So looks like I'll be giving Cory at Par2Pro a call for an impact screen.

Does anybody have any videos of the HQ raw net and how much bounceback it has? That was the one thing I really liked about the PR-20 as it has virtually no bounceback.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Not good. HQ is a very good screen.

7 Iron gotenks94 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Not good. HQ is a very good screen.
    Hey Bubba22 does this HQ screen have no bounce back, I would really like to have this one .

Sand Wedge jwm is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmactrr View Post
    Well they are going to return my net and refund my money. So looks like I'll be giving Cory at Par2Pro a call for an impact screen.

Does anybody have any videos of the HQ raw net and how much bounceback it has? That was the one thing I really liked about the PR-20 as it has virtually no bounceback.
    Mine just arrived according to my wife, I had ordered when I saw your post. I should get it mounted in the garage within a day or two if I can get around to it and give you a review. I haven't decided whether to mount it over the garage door and pull it up to the ceiling after each use or put it on a sidewall permanently.

jwm- my method of mounting the screen ensures no creases and the screen tightness can be adjusted to adjust bounceback.

1. hem top of screen to allow cable to pass through it from wall to wall, or frame to frame.
    2. place eyelets down each side of screen 1 1/2 inches from side - say 7 from top to bottom.
    3. fold over side so side of eyelets are on the edge of screen and sew to enable a length of wooden curtain rod to be placed in the sleeve from top to bottom.
    4. put eyelets at top and bottom on both sides just near the seam.
    5. if you want at this point sew on velcro over seams at top and sides so you can velcro on side curtain/net
    4. thread strong zip ties in eyelets and around rod then back out again, do them up so they make a 2 inch loop.
    5. place eye hooks in wall or frame at top then space them in between the eyelets.
    6. hang screen on top cable with adjustable turnbuckle to get tight from side to side.
    7. zig zag one length of bungee cord on each side from eye hook through zip tie loop to eye hook to zip tie loop.....and pull as tight as you want.
    8. attach bottom of screen to floor using the eyelet near the seam
    9. attach top of screen to roof/frame using eyelet at top seam and pull tight so any wrinkles in side are pulled out.

The tightness of the screen and bounceback can be adjusted by loosening the zig zaged bungee on each side. There are no wrinkles as the side is being pulled all along the seam by the rod and the zip ties and eylets only pull the rod in the seam not 1 particular point of the screen.

Hope you can follow this.......

PS and if you are lazy you dont have to put the eyelets in the side, just pierce a hole as the screen will not frey that much.

Gap Wedge FrostyKev is on a distinguished road
    For those of you with the HQ screen from Cory, how much of an "dent" appears after some period of use? I'm working on begging for a home theater/golf studio basement. Could I really get away with a dual purpose and have a nice looking picture for the movie side? I'm not sure I would like having a dent in the middle of the screen.

No dent. Mine is 18 months old.

Thread Information