CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar

Question Le Diable or Le Geant?

Heading to Tremblant the July 1st weekend and looking to play some golf. Which of these courses would you recommend and why?

Thanks!!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    they are both fun. Diable has a lot of waste bunkers which some don't like. Geant is a bit more hilly with lots of fun holes. Tough to pick though, they are both great.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Played both many times. Disable is the nicer course as far as conditioning goes, it did host The Skins game. But le Geant is more magnificent with the views and elevation changes. Can't miss with either. For me, I'd play Diable over Geant.
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Gap Wedge Steerpike is on a distinguished road
    Both are fine courses but I have to give the edge to Le Geant because I am a sucker for mountain golf and it has more dramatic elevation changes than Le Diable. Also IMHO, the design is also more appealing, good variety with some short strategic par fours, sweeping par 5's, leading to the dramatic and tough 18th hole that is one of the better par 4's in the area.

I played the two courses over the May long weekend. Le Diable was in fine shape. They were working on renovating some of the green side bunkers and I would expect this will be completed by July. The waste bunkers and some of the green side bunkers still had the odd stones in them which is a continuing minor annoyance at this club. Unless you hit it dead straight, expect to visit the waste bunkers that line the sides of the fairways. IMHO, this aspect of the design is overdone, appearing on too many holes.

Le Geant had some damage in the fairways from winter ice, as do other courses in the area, but tees and greens were fine. Again, I would expect that by July both courses should be in fine shape.

Le Geant is a little cheaper, but cost would not be the reason to choose one over the other and really you can't go wrong with either.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Pick up a "T" Pac from Tremblant.com ...cheaper prices for rounds, not sure if there are restrictions.... I only played Diable and loved it....

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Geant is good but very slow as it is target golf, ususally slow as all resort golf courses
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thanks for all the input but you guys haven't made the decision any easier...LOL. Cost won't be an issue as I am picking up some passes from Costco. Right now I am leaning more to Geant.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Geant is good but very slow as it is target golf, ususally slow as all resort golf courses
    it's fairly tight with quite a few holes being heavily wooded on both sides of the fairway and lots of places to lose a ball. If you aren't hitting it straight it will be a long day. Really though you can't go wrong with either.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    How much are the passes at Costco? Restrictions?
    I am booked to play Geant on June 21 at 7:30am
    Thanks

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    You should give Royal Laurentian a try,not too far from Tremblant just off Hwy 117,just a beautiful challenging course.Also there is Manitou which is fun if you want to improve your short game.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    If you like waste bunkers a lot, diable. If you like greenery and mountain golf, geant. I prefer geant.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Geant gets my vote.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Costco deal works out to $100 each...
    Going to play Manitou since I am short on time next Friday and I found a *** deal for $50 for 2 golfers with carts! Can't beat that, even though it is just a short course

Seconded! Royal Laurentian is pretty Awesome Too.

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    You should give Royal Laurentian a try,not too far from Tremblant just off Hwy 117,just a beautiful challenging course.Also there is Manitou which is fun if you want to improve your short game.

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    Le Diable >> more bunkers but not always in play .... flatter fairways ... wider course
    Le Geant >> slopped fairways ... blind shots over hills ... narrower ... more trees ..... very frustrating !!! I'll play Le Diable before Le Geant again !! it's what you prefer to play .... enjoy

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    You will like it Quinner, its hilly and challenging but as I said, S L O W
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thanks for all of the input. Playing Geant!

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    I'll be playing Diable (Be in Tremblant from June 30th to July3rd) since the hotel we're staying at is with in walking distance and the fairways are wider
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Just wanted to thank everyone who provided some input. Played Le Geant on the weekend and it was awesome! I will definitely recommend that course to anyone that is looking to play up there.

Thread Information