CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Drivers

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar

New Drivers

As I mentioned in another thread..I was at GT today to test out a few drivers against my current setup.

Current setup - 910 D3 8.5* w/ Graphite Design Ad Di 7x.

Tested out the new R1 in a 9.5 w/ Aldila RIP 55S. Tried the Cobra Amp Pro w/ Kuro Kage Stiff Flex, and the same head with a Graphite Design Ad Di 6S.

I was getting some very high sidespin numbers when hitting the R1, even though I was hitting the centre of the face according to the marks on the tape. It also felt kind of 'dead'. Hard to explain I guess, but not really any feel or feedback for me.

The Cobra Amp Pro with the Ad Di 6S was okay. No side spin but it lacked a bit of feel.

I found the Cobra Amp Pro w/ Kuro Kage had the best feedback. Very good spin numbers and launch angle for me, and the feel from that head and shaft combo was awesome. If I could compare it to a shaft I've tried previously, I'd say it was similar to the Motore F series.

Anyone else try the Amp drivers and like them?

Shagging Balls MattKanata is on a distinguished road MattKanata's Avatar
    Tried both AMP Cell and R1 and I prefer the R1, it was setup perfectly for me, Closed and 10.5 and I hit long and very little side spin. Then I tried the AMP Cell, but I found the shaft too long. I understand that it suppose to give me more distance but felt like I had no control or lost control of the driver on my backswing.

Between both, I would get the R1. The only aspect I did not like of the R1 was the hollow sound upon contact.

The Amp Cell Pro has a shorter shaft. I didn't try the regular Amp Cell. I didn't actually know about the shorter shaft until I read a review on it last night.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Most of the Pro versions of the new drivers have shorter and heavier shafts. I definitely prefer this over the light, whippy, pool noodles that come stock on most of the non-pro versions. I also hit the AMP driver at the recent demo day at the Canadian GC...I had it ranked 2nd among all drivers I hit that day, just below the Callaway X Hot which I ended up ordering. The AMP felt nice and had easy adjustment settings
    I like to call it a power fade

I'm going to give Canadian a call to see if they have the Pro version in stock. I'd like to have it before the weekend if possible.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    A little smaller head and deeper face on the Pro. Definitely a good idea to hit both and see which one you prefer
    I like to call it a power fade

Thread Information