+ Reply to Thread
    Putter zild1221 is on a distinguished road

GSA Simulator Route

Hopefully you guys can help me. I have realized that I need to expand my budget to get my hands on a "simulator". The P3Pro is apparently regarded more as a "game". I will just have to see what wood working equipment we have too many of and off load some of it...

Anyway, in doing a lot more research, I have found the GSA systems. I like the idea of a modular system and being able to add on as I go. Also, the price point to get in the door with their system doesn't seem too bad. However, I have no idea what the base price is for just the sensor mat? Some places on the site it says $999, I swear I read $699 on another part of the site. For this mat right here: http://www.golf-simulators.com/images/industMat1.jpg

Also, I assume just getting that mat would be similar to the P3Pro. What would be the first, most useful, most price efficient addon I should purchase to go with it? I have no clue what is current equipment on their site. It is super chaotic.

Thanks for the guidance.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Suggest you read all threads re GSA and GolfSim Factory including

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...launch-monitor

My prediction is there will not be 1 member that will suggest you buy into GSA at the moment. Until Martin gets the LX working and independently tested the clouds will continue to gather.

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    I'm going to have to disagree with CPA about his one member comment. I have a GSA PX5 system and really like it. I use it virtually every day. While I think other products like ProTee and GC2 have a lot to offer, for the money I think the hardware and software I bought from GSA are quite good. Where GSA really falls down is in the support area, plus they don't yet have online play. They also like to develop new and different more than they like to optimize and refine the systems they have. If you pick the right system from them, and take the time to set it up properly you can be rewarded with a system you can be quite happy with. I say this with some trepidation because there has been many a time when I wish the support and documentation from GSA was better. All I can say is I like my system, and it was cheaper than what I would have spent for similar system elsewhere.

Putter zild1221 is on a distinguished road
    Well that is disconcerting. The price points of his products are attractive. Why would you screw up a potentially SUPER good business? I could not shell out that much cash and not have support. If something were to go wrong, I'd hate to eat that much.

Where does that leave me now? What are my choices? I have read that the P3Proswing accepts a USB camera to calculate Launch Angle. Is this a viable route, or is this just a gimmick?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    There is a thread going re that system. Suggest you post there.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Zild, suggest you read more on GSA systems. Also read more on P3pro. Steve is right about the GSA systems in that support is truly lacking. As well, not everything on that site is truly working! Consider yourself warned!

8 Iron p3prouser is on a distinguished road
    i used to have the p3pro, hence my user name, but switched over to the px2 from gsa and when i get the space and save some more money, will add cameras.
    i've been pretty happy with even just the sensor pad. I like it much more than the p3pro. support is lacking as others have said. but it's not that it's not there, it just sometimes takes a while to hear back from martin. i emailed him 5 times specifically for support/set up/troubleshooting, 3 of the times he emailed me back within 1.5 days. the other 2 times i had to email him back after not hearing anything from him for 3-4 days.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    I don't own either system and only know, what I know about them, from what I've read here. That said, THIS FORUM appears to be pretty much your best bet for "online support."

As the other posters have recommended, read the GSA forums HERE and, if you're comfortable with the idea of "do it yourself," along with the support offered here, then I think you'll be happy if you stay with the "tried and true" products that are confirmed as available and working.

Just don't hold your breath waiting for any new, "soon to be released," products that aren't already "field tested" by those that are on this forum.

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    I agree with p3prouser about GSA service. While it is spotty, and sometimes slower than I would have liked I usually got the answers I needed from Martin ... eventually. I got way more timely help from members of this forum. Some of you guys must be online all the time because I seldom had to wait very long to get help. For me figuring out what to buy was the hardest thing, followed closely by the nuances of setting up my system. Everybody's space is just a little different so setup can be a challenge because there are so many tweaks you can make. I understand most of it pretty well now, but when I was just starting I was overwhelmed with the setup menus. Now that I've got it dialed in to match my outside play it almost as fun as playing a real course, without the weather issues, wait for tee times or slow play.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    These guys pretty much covered it. The proven GSA systems ( PX2 or PX5 ) work great. Yes, it takes some effort to set it up and support is spotty. Between the forum and Martin you can get it done, you might lose a little hair but who cares. Once it's setup you'll love it. It is the only system I know of that will allow you expand and improve it over time. Not everyone can dump 10K to get a simulator setup. The PX2 is playable and adding the V-cam and H-Cams should be priority number one. They add a new level of realism to the system.

Thread Information