CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter zild1221 is on a distinguished road

Help me Choose what Route is Best for my Situation

I have been here in the past, however, due to the name, I just figured this was a "Canadian" thing...

I have a couple questions for you. You have probably heard them before, I have however done a lot of reading here ahead of time.

First off, my budget is not HUGE. I definitely couldn't go more than $1000 for the sensor system. The other electronics, mats, nets, and all are easy enough for me to take care of.

I would like to know, in this price range, is there anything that would be more beneficial to our golf games that isn't a simulator? The only one that I can find in that price range is the P3 system, which looks like an Optishot.

I was looking at simulators because my Father injured his leg badly, and pretty much has to relearn his golf game/swing from scratch. A round of golf pretty much beats him up, so the ability to just hop on the sim and hit 20 golf balls is great.

If it helps you guys help me:

My father is a bogey golfer. The occasional birdie, and an even spread of bogies and pars. His biggest problems right now are hitting it thin and a severe right to left ball flight off the tee (he's lefty).

I am usually a bogey golfer as well. However, my last two rounds I have shot par. My biggest issues are the occasional thin shot, and a SEVERE left to right ball flight off the tee. I have to play it aiming into the woods basically on the teebox.

Is there another product that would help our game better? Something like the SwingByte paired with just a normal net? That way I get the feedback of hitting it thin or chunking it, as well as the feedback of face angle and clubhead speed?

I appreciate your guys help and input.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Not many simulation options at that price point. Depends on what you want. To improve, take lessons and practice more. Perhaps a net and video feedback. For fun and simulation get an Optishot. Swing analysers are at their infancy. Again options are limited.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Get Swingbyte2 at that price point. The new video is helpful. When they fix targetline (they still promise it is coming) it will be as accurate as anything even at 10 times the price.

get a tripod mount for it-http://www.makayama.com/moviemount.html
    with wide angle lens http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-37K-...per+Wide+Angle

Take it to your pro and take notes of what s/he says of each swing.

Practice with it at the range so you can see ball flight.

PS at the moment you also need an ipad, android tabs soon.
    Last edited by CPA; 05-17-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Thread Information