CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar

Transition from sim to real golf ????

Hey guys, I have been hitting balls off a thick turf with my optishot for a year now and have improved my ball striking a lot. I also hit very well off the tee boxes at the range .I try to pick the ball clean with the opti because if you hit down it miss reads and slows and twists the clubhead before reaching the last row of sensors. At the range I hit down and get great results off the turf but when I hit off real grass I hit a lot of straight , thin shots and top the ball like a beginner !

Do you all hit down when your playing your sims and what adjustments do you make (if any) to hit off real grass ??

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    I don't really know what your turf options are with the optishot, but suggest you check the archives for them. You really need to invest in a quality mat to ensure you're striking the ball correctly when using your sim, instead of "grooving" a swing that doesn't work outside.

Does anyone have to change their swing or setup or anything when they hit off artificial turf then to real grass ?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    My setup is the same outside as on my Protee, but my ball position is mostly forward and I take shallow divots for normal shots. The fiberbuit grass allows me to hit down and thru but only so much. I think your options are limited on the optishot. Most diggers will have to make some adjustments I assume.

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    I also use the same set up with my protee as well as real golf. No adjustments necessary.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Go to where they sell Truestrike gel mat and try it. You can dig a fair bit without taking off an arm.

Thanks for the feedback. I think that with the optishot , even a true strike will not work . If I hit down on any surface my clubhead will slow down before it reaches the final sensor and could twist after ball contact . So for a true reading I believe I have to pick it clean which I have been doing. The big problem is when I hit off real grass my muscle memory kicks in and I do the same thing and thin it way too much. I need to find a way to adjust and hit down on real grass. Any tips ??

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I had my Optishot standing on ~20 mm low density foam.
    Made it less nosy and allowed you to hit down to some degree.
    Not like a real mat but it helped.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think that with the optishot , even a true strike will not work . If I hit down on any surface my clubhead will slow down before it reaches the final sensor and could twist after ball contact . So for a true reading I believe I have to pick it clean which I have been doing. The big problem is when I hit off real grass my muscle memory kicks in and I do the same thing and thin it way too much. I need to find a way to adjust and hit down on real grass. Any tips ??
    Just practice will correct this. Just like you, I have not been able to take a proper, consistant, divot since 'training' with the Optishot all winter. It's just starting to come around. On the plus side, ball&flight, control has seen to have improved.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Thread Information