100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

New Course West of Kingston

I have been made aware that there is a new course west of Kingston that has 9 holes open currently, and perhaps 9 more opening up this year.

The fellow who mentioned this course to me described it as "the best course between Kingston and Toronto." As he plays at Cataraqui, which is a wonderful track, this is quite the compliment.

Anyone know the name of the course?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I'm workin' on it. Waiting for a reply from the underground. Stay tuned...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Hmmm... Never heard of it and I live in Odessa (10 minutes west of Kingston). I suspect he's thinking of the new course opening up just west of Trillium Wood, north of Belleville. It's supposed to be some filthy rich guy building it, and he had nine holes completed last year. From what I've heard (and you can see some of it from Trillium Wood) it will be awesome, on par with courses like Taboo, etc.
    Last edited by jbrace; 02-13-2005 at 10:19 AM. Reason: typo

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrace
    Hmmm... Never heard of it and I live in Odessa (10 minutes west of Kingston). I suspect he's thinking of the new course opening up just west of Trillium Wood, north of Belleville. It's supposed to be some filthy rich guy building it, and he had nine holes completed last year. From what I've heard (and you can see some of it from Trillium Wood) it will be awesome, on par with courses like Taboo, etc.
    You are on the right track sir. BC MIST, the course in question is Black Bear Ridge in Belleville. It will be part of a 550 unit housing development, similar to Stonebridge. No website yet. Just know that its 18 holes and public.

I also have additional info about a superb new track closer to home (Ottawa), Smuggler's Glen, east of Gananoque on the Thousand Islands Parkway. 9 opening this spring, second 9 this summer. Have a look.

http://www.smugglersglen.com/

Dan, Steve - Road trip potential? Future SOGA/OG matches venue? It gets my vote.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Looks beautiful, thanks for the heads up LobWedge. Some hilly terrain there would make for a nice challenge. Looking at the pics only makes me want Spring to get here quick though.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    You are on the right track sir. BC MIST, the course in question is Black Bear Ridge in Belleville. It will be part of a 550 unit housing development, similar to Stonebridge. No website yet. Just know that its 18 holes and public.
    I also have additional info about a superb new track closer to home (Ottawa), Smuggler's Glen, east of Gananoque on the Thousand Islands Parkway. 9 opening this spring, second 9 this summer. Have a look.
    http://www.smugglersglen.com/
    Thanks $1,000,000 for the information. I obviously had my directions mixed up as the golfer who told me about the course did mention that the word "glen" was in the name.

It looks like the course should have some interesting terrain and it is within reasonably driving distance from our area. May give it a try late this summer.

No problema Señor. I'm Looking forward to a go-round myself.

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road
    so is this course open currently or what!! I need my fix.

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Golf
    so is this course open currently or what!! I need my fix.
    Man I thought I was itching! I assume you are aware of Westbrook driving range being open right? Just thought I'd make sure because you are new to the forum, so thought you might be new to K-town. Cheers!

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrace
    Man I thought I was itching! I assume you are aware of Westbrook driving range being open right? Just thought I'd make sure because you are new to the forum, so thought you might be new to K-town. Cheers!
    haha, thanks.

I am new to K-town as well. I just found out about Westbrook on Sunday and went Monday. I have been going to the dome all winter.
    I had a few rounds in Hawaii and feel that I am ready to go low this year

Thread Information