CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    3 Iron tarmactrr is on a distinguished road

Golf mats for GC2 - Truestrike vs divot action vs fairway pro

Looking for advise on these mats. I have not personally used any of them, but have used Fiberbuilt and Real Feel. Real feel mats are out due to the amount of friction they cause in swinging down and through them. They really impact ball speed that you don't find hitting on real grass.

So with the options above, which does everybody prefer? I already have 2 4x4 mats for stance mats, so I'd only need the hitting mat portion. Also I need to be able to use a tee either by adding on another section, or being able to place a tee in the mat itself.

Opinions? I know there are a ton of threads, and I've been searching, but hoping for some more up to date data on the divot action and fairway pro. Seems like most who have truestrike really enjoy it, but I would then need another section to use a tee... correct?

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    I have used a Fairway Pro for several years (only hitting into a net) and have been very happy with it. I feel like I can hit down and thru shots without and bounce or hard impact on my body. When hitting driver I simply stuck a tee right into the turf without issue. Awesome product from my experience. Not sure how it would work with a simulator as the whole surface moves if divot is taken.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Truestrike +1

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Truestrike +1
    I know you're a truestrike fan What do you do for the tee area? Do you have a seperate mat for that or can you add hole in the gel section to stick a rubber plug that accepts regular tees etc.

Tarmacttr...CPA uses the Truestrike with a GC2 and I've read all his positive comments about it. I would def go with that over the fairwaypro simply because the movement of the FPro could interfere with the GC2.

Rubber tee sitting on top of gel mat.

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    What about the Position Track. Does this allow you to simulate the ruff and sand while playing your simulator? Has anyone tried it? Seems cool.

http://www.customdesigngolf.com/port...me_better_.htm

Quote Originally Posted by drcabral View Post
    What about the Position Track. Does this allow you to simulate the ruff and sand while playing your simulator? Has anyone tried it? Seems cool.

http://www.customdesigngolf.com/port...me_better_.htm

That's the divot action mat I'm asking about. It seems really cool, but sofar other than the company owner, I haven't seen any actual reviews of the product on here.

Rubber tee sitting on top of gel mat.
    bummer. That won't work well for me, as I'd like the ability to adjust tee heights as I like to shape shots.

You could just get a rubber golf tee holder...that way you put in whatever tee height you desire.

http://www.amazon.com/High-Quality-R...rds=rubber+tee

Quote Originally Posted by mcook View Post
    You could just get a rubber golf tee holder...that way you put in whatever tee height you desire.

http://www.amazon.com/High-Quality-R...rds=rubber+tee
    Correct, and that's what I was thinking of using. Problem is CPA is just setting this on top of the mat, so no matter what I will have to tee the ball up at least the height of the rubber portion, which is 1.25''. That won't work for me. If I could put that in the gel section then it would work. Since I can't then I need another mat to insert it in.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmactrr View Post
    bummer. That won't work well for me, as I'd like the ability to adjust tee heights as I like to shape shots.
    I do too. 4 tees, 4 different heights.

edit; and to get them perfect heights............scissors.

I do too. 4 tees, 4 different heights.
    What's the lowest you have? I'd like to have one that's only about .25'' tall for knockdown 3 wood shots.

Yes 1/4 is lowest. Then I have smaller being the round top cut off one to use for par 3 irons. Just lifts ball.

Yes 1/4 is lowest. Then I have smaller being the round top cut off one to use for par 3 irons. Just lifts ball.
    mind telling me where you got the 1/4''? Smallest I could find online is 1 1/4''.

Just cut a bigger one down with a scalpel type knife. Make sure you cut it level and angle cut down toward inside so it holds.ball better.

....and get the natural brown rubber ones. They do not break like the coloured ones.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    I really need to measure and cut down some tees this weekend. I've been neglecting the driver, as standard tees fit in my mat as "too low or too high"... I've mainly been focusing on some new wedges and my irons, but if I'm going to really utilize my indoor setup to the fullest, I just need to "specialize" some tees.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cowhe...622446256.html

These are the Brown ones I was talking about. Do not get the coloured, they snap off at the base.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    I just ordered a true strike. Hopefully it will work out nice. I'll let everyone know my findings after I get my foresight.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Thanks CPA!

I too have recently ordered a GC2. I am now trying to research the mats to use with it. I am leaning towards the Truestrike. To my understanding you cannot insert rubber T's into the pad but must place them on top, correct? I like the idea of using ruff and sand mats to truly simulate a round when you land in those areas. Does anyone have experience with mats that do a good job of simulating ruff and sand shots.

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    I have a real feel mat that has 2 sections. One that is fairway and can take a real tee, and the other a rough section. It is a very durable high quality mat, but I am not sure that it is ideal for the GC2. First, if you hit it fat off the fairway, it will throw off the carry distances a little on the GC2. The rough section is more forgiving. On top of that, multiple fat shots on the fairway turf will cause your wrist to ache a bit. To get more accurate readings, you definitely have to hit the ball first, which for me isn't always the case.
    I would most likely lean towards the Truestrike. Unfortunately, I don't think any mats can ever really replicate rough or sand at this point in time.

So I've decided I'm going to give the Divot action insert a try. At $90 if I don't like it, I can easily move to the truestrike insert instead.

Also I like that they have multiple surfaces and they easily move in/out of the mat.

Where did you find it for $90?

Quote Originally Posted by drcabral View Post
    Where did you find it for $90?
    http://www.customdesigngolf.com/the_...ke_grass__.htm

I only need the insert as I already have multiple stance mats. Spoke to them on the phone and they said you can simply cut out a 12x24'' area in one of the stance mats to place the insert.

Remember my idea of just buying the truestrike gel section. $290. Cut out a section in stance mat the same way.

CPA,
    I am a little confused about your set up. Do you have the portable Mk7 or have you purchased the gel/grass section and cut out a rectangle in the stance matt and just put the gel/grass section into? Also where do you put your T's?

I have 5 range sections and 1 gel section. All you need is the gel section ( without the sides in your pic). Save you $500.

Rubber tees sit on top of gel section.

Remember my idea of just buying the truestrike gel section. $290. Cut out a section in stance mat the same way.
    Yep. That's what I'll wind up getting if I don't like the Divot action mat. Since I haven't personally tried either I went with the cheaper option to start incase I don't like it.

Thread Information