I was drawn to this forum from the wealth of information about simulators. I own a P3Proswing and am excited to get to know it better with the help of this forum! It looks like there's a great community feel around here!

A little about my golf background: I'm 27 and have been golfing since I was about 12 years old. I took to it immediately, and it has been a passion of mine ever since. At 16 I got a job at a local course in the Pro Shop, and studied under the Head Pro with the intention of one day becoming a Pro myself... well, that didn't happen. I found quickly that being a Pro didn't mean more golf (play), it actually meant much less. My lack of skill also may have helped shove me away from that career .

After a few years at that course, I went away to college. Strapped for change, I knew the only way I'd be able to afford golf again would be to offer my services to a course. I went to a local course expecting to land a job in the Pro Shop, again. Instead, I spoke with the (then) Head Mechanic while I waited for the Pro. The mechanic happened to like me, and got me a position as a grunt (soon foreman) under the incoming Superintendent.

I enjoyed working that side of the course much more than I ever thought I would. After graduating with a BBA in Economics during a recession, I was offered a job as Assistant Superintendent/Head Mechanic. I took it, and worked for a full 3 years after school (5 years total) before finding something in my field of study. I had contemplated going to school to get a turf degree throughout my time there, but just wanted to be able to spend my summers enjoying the weather and golfing, rather than stressing about the weather and not golfing!

Now 2 years removed from that job, I plan on rededicating myself to playing, rather than working.