CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
    At Q-School pat6969 is on a distinguished road

Problem with a vehicle

2011 F150 with 79420km, have extended bumper to bumper to 150000k??? Or I thought I did!!

Long story short. Truck went in for check engine light, diagnosis, engine is done!! Have my receipts for oil and air filter changes but "warranty Gods" says engine is dusted and I'm on the hook for $14000 for new engine. Even had it in to Ford 2 months ago for the same problem, they reset the code and sent me on my way saying to come back if it did it again. I even lined their pockets with a $3500 extended warranty!! Beware if you decide to do your own maintenance or have someone other than Ford do it - YOU WILL GET SCREWED OVER!!!!!!

Before I am finished with this, it will be on Prime Time!!!!

Pat

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Call head office in Oakville. Sounds like your dealer is out to shaft you.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
    2011 F150 with 79420km, have extended bumper to bumper to 150000k??? Or I thought I did!!

Long story short. Truck went in for check engine light, diagnosis, engine is done!! Have my receipts for oil and air filter changes but "warranty Gods" says engine is dusted and I'm on the hook for $14000 for new engine. Even had it in to Ford 2 months ago for the same problem, they reset the code and sent me on my way saying to come back if it did it again. I even lined their pockets with a $3500 extended warranty!! Beware if you decide to do your own maintenance or have someone other than Ford do it - YOU WILL GET SCREWED OVER!!!!!!

Before I am finished with this, it will be on Prime Time!!!!

Pat
    it doesnt matter that you have extended warranty your vehicle is covered under factory powertrain warranty for 5yrs 160,000km, if you honestly have oil receipts, fight this to death, what does dusted mean, I worked automotive for over 10 years and have never heard that term. Just go to another dealer and get their opinion.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    ...Have my receipts for oil and air filter changes but "warranty Gods" says engine is dusted and I'm on the hook for $14000 for new engine. ...
    Not sure what you mean by "dusted".

...Beware if you decide to do your own maintenance or have someone other than Ford do it - YOU WILL GET SCREWED OVER!!!!!!
    This has been standard for many years, with probably all auto manufacturers. Always have dealer service while under warranty. Why would they guarantee someone else's work?

I feel sorry for you, but, that is standard. So, rant away, but you will have to get over it eventually. They aren't crooks for making you follow the terms of the warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "dusted".

This has been standard for many years, with probably all auto manufacturers. Always have dealer service while under warranty. Why would they guarantee someone else's work?

I feel sorry for you, but, that is standard. So, rant away, but you will have to get over it eventually. They aren't crooks for making you follow the terms of the warranties.
    Show me in the owners manual where it says you have to do your servicing at Ford, or any other manufacture, it doesnt. I worked at a few dealers and some advisors would get ** and serve customers differently that came in for warranty work only. Again if you have all your paperwork lined up fight this to death. And no its not standard operating procedures.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    As a retired automotive tech. and waranty claims officer for GM, I have never herd of such rubish!!! Go to another dealer and if that does not work, Ford direct. You have all the receipts for oil changes and maintenance so you are entitled to full coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    As a retired automotive tech. and waranty claims officer for GM, I have never herd of such rubish!!! Go to another dealer and if that does not work, Ford direct. You have all the receipts for oil changes and maintenance so you are entitled to full coverage.
    completely agree, what dealer were you at Marcos, I worked at Turpin and Myers for many years.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    completely agree, what dealer were you at Marcos, I worked at Turpin and Myers for many years.
    Belisle, Turpin( 70's), Surgenors, Vachon Pontiac, and my last tour was at Demers Chevrolet in Gatineau.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Marcos, Habsfan...a dusted engine happens when particles of dust get into your engine (cylinder wall). It usually happens on diesel engine when you change your air filter.... the filter box lid is incorrectly installed or gets in through a cracked intake hose. It happens with all different companies.... Dodge, GM, Ford, etc... Sadly it is the fault of the owner who tried to save a few $$ and change his air filter himself. Since it is the owners fault the warranty is void... as I am sure you know.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Not sure why you airing this out on a golf forum. I see you posted this rant on the F150 forum and you're not getting much sympathy there since they suspect there's much more to this story than you're willing to share.

Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    Not sure why you airing this out on a golf forum. I see you posted this rant on the F150 forum and you're not getting much sympathy there since they suspect there's much more to this story than you're willing to share.
    thats a great point, we dont know the whole story, but replacing an air filter is pretty easy and hard to screw up, its easy for the dealer to say oh its "dusted" but can they prove it.

I've never herd of an engine being ¨dusted¨ . I do realize that its not a good thing to have a large amount of dust getting into the intake but in 20 years I have never herd of this let alone see one. I guess it all depends on road conditions and where you travel.

Par Anth13 is on a distinguished road Anth13's Avatar
    By the word "dusted", and the context it is used, I think he means the engine is done/finished.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    Not sure either and I am actually quite surprised that Pat6969 would post something like this. It is usually not his bag.

But if it did happen I can understand his frustration.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I think it's time this was closed. It's not relevant to this forum, and we do have a rule against bashing businesses. Hopefully the OP will resolve this with the dealer
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information