CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Habs vs Sens

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    The goal or non-goal decision has so much to do with the call on the ice. If the call on the ice was no-goal, I am pretty sure it would have stayed as no-goal. In those cases, it is so difficult to overturn a call. When is the last time you saw someone actually "kick" a puck in? It is easy to deflect or directa puck without kicking at all. Think of it this way, if there was puck sitting in the crease and a player with no stick skated full speed and by stopping in front of the net his skate pushed the puck in, would it count? There would be no kicking motion at all...

Habs played well, Sens played well enough to win. Some iffy calls for sure, some missed calls and some Habs players who did not get enough ice time along with lots of injuries makes it tough for the next one for the Habs.
    I was at the game last night and thought the Sens were 'toast' after the second period. However, it shows great heart to dig that deep and pull it out the way they did! Wrt to Z's goal, I personally thought it was a goal as I didn't see any intentional forward kicking motion. However, during the post-game discussions on FM1200, they mentioned that in the Swedish league, whether or not it is a kicking motion is determined via replay as to whether the whole skate blade is on the ice at the time or not. If it is - no kick. I think introduction of this simple criteria - especially in this day and age of video replay - would go a long way to resolving the issue.

Either way - a great night! Habs fans were, overall, much much quieter than the previous game. And rightfully so!

Break68 - who leaves a playoff game????
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    The habs dominated the game, using their speed and clearing every single rebound Price let out. To lose this game has got to be such a heartbreak for montreal. The skate goal looked like it could go both ways. I don't know enough about the rule to comment further than that.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    The habs dominated the game, using their speed and clearing every single rebound Price let out. To lose this game has got to be such a heartbreak for montreal. The skate goal looked like it could go both ways. I don't know enough about the rule to comment further than that.
    Habs dominated until they had a two goal lead (not quite 40 minutes)....Ottawa turned it on from that point on and started playing with more intensity. Habs took their foot off the gas and the Sens made them pay. Pesky is the new sexy!

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    From a sens fan, distinct kicking motion is a horrible rule. Either allow it or not. Remove the discretionary component.

Habs looked decent for 2 periods but did nothing with the puck. Outside of those 2 perfect shots they had no scoring chances. Sens looked tired for 2 periods but somehow found the energy to compete in the 3rd.

I bet once this series ends we will find out a lot more about how banged up the Habs really are. They look beaten every 3rd period so far. No gas left.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post

I bet once this series ends we will find out a lot more about how banged up the Habs really are. They look beaten every 3rd period so far. No gas left.
    Sens have outscored the Habs 9-0 in the 3rd period this series.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    rule 49 .2 would indicate there is no question Zibanijad's goal was good

49.2 Goals - A puck that deflects into the net off an attacking player’s skate who does not use a distinct kicking motion is a legitimate goal. A puck that is directed into the net by an attacking player’s skate shall be a legitimate goal as long as no distinct kicking motion is evident.

however rule 78.5 (i ) seems to contradict 49.2( ie directed )

78.5 Disallowed Goals – Apparent goals shall be disallowed by the Referee and the appropriate announcement made by the Public Address Announcer for the following reasons:

(i) When the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick.

which is why I questioned the ruling because I feel the puck was 'directed' , & that too can be debated. Goal stands , game over and I learned something .....

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    rule 49 .2 would indicate there is no question Zibanijad's goal was good

49.2 Goals - A puck that deflects into the net off an attacking player’s skate who does not use a distinct kicking motion is a legitimate goal. A puck that is directed into the net by an attacking player’s skate shall be a legitimate goal as long as no distinct kicking motion is evident.

however rule 78.5 (i ) seems to contradict 49.2( ie directed )

78.5 Disallowed Goals – Apparent goals shall be disallowed by the Referee and the appropriate announcement made by the Public Address Announcer for the following reasons:

(i) When the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick.

which is why I questioned the ruling because I feel the puck was 'directed' , & that too can be debated. Goal stands , game over and I learned something .....
    It is a judgement call whether the puck is "directed" into the net or it is simply a "deflection", and the player's "intent" will play a role in the decision.

For example, if a shot hits you on the helmet and the puck goes in the net, it would likely be a goal even if you were turning your head towards the net. However if you did a soccer-style header on the puck and it went in the net, that goal would likely be disallowed under Rule 78.5.

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    Whatever the outcome, hopefully Therrien can button it up and stop embarrassing his team (pretty sure they maxed that out already). I read an article where he claims his captain (Gionta) was crying in his arms yesterday because he couldn't play due to injury! Wow, I'm sure Gionta appreciated that comment!

Hopefully after tonight we won't have to listen to that fool for the rest of the playoffs.

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    Amen to that!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    How did the Habs do against Washington when they went down 3 games to 1 in 2010? Anyone remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    How did the Habs do against Washington when they went down 3 games to 1 in 2010? Anyone remember?
    How many habs fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

How many injuries did the 2010 team have and who was in goal? Any chance a certain sniper can make it to MTL from CGY in time for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    How many habs fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

If that lightbulb is at the Bell Centre I wouldn't worry about....they will have all summer to change it.

ole, ole, ole, ole.....

Just like it was predicted on here before the series.....Ottawa is having a heck of a time scoring.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Well done Ottawa!!! Bye Bye Habs.....

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    That was brief but thanks for the warm up montreal.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Who's next .....
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    excellent coaching by MacLean and stellar goaltending by Anderson. I was also impressed with the Sens defence. Karlsson was just ok , but as a group they were great. Methot was a huge addition this year and Cowan coming back strong was a big plus at the right time.

Habs got bit with the injury bug at the wrong time. Subban has lots of talent but he spins out of control too often. If he gets mentally grounded he's an elite player. Price did not put in an epic performance and let in some weak goals.

It was a fun series to watch , rest up Sens it's a long journey , but well done so far !

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    Karlsson was just ok , but as a group they were great.
    Karlsson appeared tired in game 4, and got less than 20 minutes last night. A few days off will do him well - missing so much time, his stamina isn't what it once was, I think.

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    Hab fans will hold their heads high. Going from 15th to 2nd and losing with a depleted line up vs a solid hitting team was still a successful year. I am far from a hab fan but respect the fans of the organization and look forward to years of playoffs vs them.

Thank you for a fun series, even if you were not the real habs. Thank you for an all Canadian series. Most of all thank you for being respectful fans in our barn and yours. We all know what laugh fans would have been like! Its nice to have a mutual enemy

Well, I'm officially jumping on the Sens bandwagon now. I did grow up across the street from Frank Finnigan Jr...

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Well, I'm officially jumping on the Sens bandwagon now. I did grow up across the street from Frank Finnigan Jr...
    That'a boy!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Anderson's goaltending was stellar last night. Without him the outcome of the game could have been quite different, especially in the first 10 minutes. The team's composure and discipline was also remarkable. The players would not be goaded into taking dumb retaliation penalties. Well done!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Wow Sens fans were so "passionate" about hockey when the Habs were in town, not a peep in 12 days figures, Go Team!

lots of passion here, but it's just not the same without the rivalry and no one has stared a Pens/Sens thread....

Game 3 of Pens/Sens was epic.
    Andrew

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    The Sens have outplayed their opponents in 2 games so far and yet they have managed to get 5 wins!!! WOW

Game 3 of Pens/Sens was epic.
    Even more epic than the game 3 beatdown in the Habs series. This team continues to amaze us. #PESKYSENS

Thread Information