CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Habs vs Sens

Par Anth13 is on a distinguished road Anth13's Avatar
    It all comes down to Anderson bailing the sens out game in and game out as it was during the season. Consider Ottawa fortunate to be in the playoffs, let alone being up in the series. As for game 3, Montreal has not played a game like that in an extremely long time and I expect them to be fired up and ready to go for Game 4 because of it.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Every successful team needs their goaltender to help them win games that they should not be in at all. Does the name Halak ring a bell?? Anderson was out for over a month and the rookie goaltenders filled in nicely. Hard work is another reason why the Sens made the playoffs with 15 rookies in the lineup and with key players out most of the year. The fact is they are in the playoffs and are competing. Montreal has had a couple of games like the last one, most recently against Toronto a few weeks ago, a similarly hard hitting team. Its going to be a very good and exciting game, Montreal has to play to their strengths and not try to play's Ottawa's style, if they do that its their best chance to win.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Anyone wanna make a bet as to how many penalties are called in the first 5 mins of tonight's game? I'll say 4.

Hybrid Coreythebody is on a distinguished road Coreythebody's Avatar
    Who's losing a chicklet tonight? Three games down and three teeth lost!!!
    5 Time OG Team member for Ryder Cup

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    The difference though was all the sens infractions were part of the play and around the puck. The habs were running around deliberately trying to injure. Condra didn't deserve a suspension but he did deserve a 2 min cross check. Bourque was just trying to injure the kid plain and simple. Subban is the most immature player ive ever seen. Has absolutely no class or respect for anyone. Not just from this series, he has never been a stand up guy. His extreme talent allows him ice time but eventually even the habs will grow tired of his side show.

Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Ok Sens fans... Did Condra cross check Subban in the head? YES or NO
    Did Zac Smith cross check Ryan White directly after the face-off while White was turning away? YES or NO?

My point is, when a game gets out of hand, players will take that opportunity to get even...

I listen to TSN Montreal Radio all day and they liked the way Therrien handled the post game interviews. They also understand why all the chaos happened and the fact is, it's just one game, and it's over with now.

The Habs didn't play their style of game and hopefully learned their lesson. They outplayed the Sens in the first 2 games but only got a split. The Sens got Montreal off their game in Game 3 and it cost the Habs big time.

All the crap between coaches is meaningless.

And I love how the Ottawa media and CBC media make such a big deal about Subban "arguing" with Pacioretty and blah blah blah... The fact is, players argue a lot, players swear at each other a lot, players get angry with each other. It's no big deal and Subban and Pacio could care less about stuff like that.

I am a huge Habs fan, AND I also think Alfie is an amazing player and great part of the Sens history. BUT even he has made some mistakes in th past that were considered classless... Mocking Sundin with fake stick throw, shooting puck at opponent... So for Sens fans to say Habs players showed no class, that is fine, but look at your own team also. Stuff happens in the heat of the moment and we move on...

So I am waiting for an honest Sens fan to admit that if Bourque deserved a suspension for a head shot, then Condra also deserved the same fate... I think they both did.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post
    The difference though was all the sens infractions were part of the play and around the puck. The habs were running around deliberately trying to injure. Condra didn't deserve a suspension but he did deserve a 2 min cross check. Bourque was just trying to injure the kid plain and simple. Subban is the most immature player ive ever seen. Has absolutely no class or respect for anyone. Not just from this series, he has never been a stand up guy. His extreme talent allows him ice time but eventually even the habs will grow tired of his side show
    Like Chris Neil the epitome of a "classy" hockey player, go ask Drury, Boyle, Grabovski, Boychuck, Kelly and there's more, but yet he still gets minutes. And I know your come back he's never been suspended, are Subban or Bourque getting suspended? You know what the difference is, I love Neil and would take him on my team in a sec, hockey is not golf, remember that folks.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    hockey is not golf, remember that folks.
    It will be for the Habs this time next week.

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    Like Chris Neil the epitome of a "classy" hockey player, go ask Drury, Boyle, Grabovski, Boychuck, Kelly and there's more, but yet he still gets minutes. And I know your come back he's never been suspended, are Subban or Bourque getting suspended? You know what the difference is, I love Neil and would take him on my team in a sec, hockey is not golf, remember that folks.
    I was actually just referring to his character.

Why do hab fans in here immediately try and find a comparison to Ottawa for all remarks on a hab player ?

As for not being suspended, mark my words Subban will get a serious suspension before his career ends. He does not know how to hit legally. Every check he lands or attempts he leaves his feet. Eventually he will catch someone and really hurt them and get the book. A good coach would teach him but you don't have one. If for no other reason than he lands very few and misses and causes odd man situations way too often. I hope he can mature because he is a super star that the league needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post
    Why do hab fans in here immediately try and find a comparison to Ottawa for all remarks on a hab player ? .
    Inferiority complex???

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Go.

Sens.

Go.

And hab fans are without class, booing national anthems...
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Go.

Sens.

Go.

And hab fans are without class, booing national anthems...
    Or making the poor girl with the Sens jersey remove it during jersey day. And BTW, Eugene Melnyk has sent a Limo to Lachine to pick her and her family up to bring them to SBP for tonights game, as his guests. That my friends...and Hab fans, is what class is all about.

Game on!

Look at all the scenarios you guys keep coming up with, pathetic really, anyone talk about the 15 Bruins fans that beat the Leafs fan at the Garden last week and left him for dead, if your a Bruins fan your automatically a drunken wife beater by Sens fans standards. Again if Ottawa is such a "classy" organization why do they employ Chris Neil?

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I like both teams (Sens and Habs) and only favour the Habs because I am loyal. I think if the Habs can stick to their speed/skill game and skip the rough stuff I think they still have the edge. We will see how it plays out tonight. It has been the best series to watch so far.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Look at all the scenarios you guys keep coming up with, pathetic really, anyone talk about the 15 Bruins fans that beat the Leafs fan at the Garden last week and left him for dead, if your a Bruins fan your automatically a drunken wife beater by Sens fans standards. Again if Ottawa is such a "classy" organization why do they employ Chris Neil?
    What does this even mean ?

There will be little ,if any , nonsense tonight , and those that start it , will penalize their respective team badly.
    The refs will shut this down real quick tonite.
    Power play units will be the difference
    Sens will win
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Just like each game so far, it comes down to goaltending!!! Forget all the other crap.
    Whoever is better in goal will win.
    You have to remember that in Game 3, all the crap started after Price let in a few... If that doesn't happen, maybe none of the other stuff happens either.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Just like each game so far, it comes down to goaltending!!! Forget all the other crap.
    Whoever is better in goal will win.
    You have to remember that in Game 3, all the crap started after Price let in a few... If that doesn't happen, maybe none of the other stuff happens either.
    Hopefully no-one gets seriously hurt and both teams can focus on a really good exciting game of hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    What does this even mean ?

There will be little ,if any , nonsense tonight , and those that start it , will penalize their respective team badly.
    The refs will shut this down real quick tonite.
    Power play units will be the difference
    Sens will win
    look at every scenario people keep coming up with, booing the anthem something about a jersey, who really cares really theres bad apples everywhere you go, the only thing that pisses me off about this whole conversation is the few people on here that actually think Ottawa or any team for that matter is "classy", its hockey its not a "classy" sport, they fight bare knuckles for christ sake. Ottawa is no "classier" then Montreal, Boston, Toronto, Florida or whoever, you can point to 10 instances where Montreal failed in the 'classy" department and I can point to 10 instances where Ottawa failed. Where have I argued anything about Montreal's wrong doings and where have I argued anything about Ottawa, I havent cause I understand the sport unlike a few on here.

And Bobby your a Bruins fan we dont need your 2 cents, I see you lurking, dont forget your wallet friday.

look at every scenario people keep coming up with, booing the anthem something about a jersey, who really cares really theres bad apples everywhere you go, the only thing that pisses me off about this whole conversation is the few people on here that actually think Ottawa or any team for that matter is "classy", its hockey its not a "classy" sport, they fight bare knuckles for christ sake. Ottawa is no "classier" then Montreal, Boston, Toronto, Florida or whoever, you can point to 10 instances where Montreal failed in the 'classy" department and I can point to 10 instances where Ottawa failed. Where have I argued anything about Montreal's wrong doings and where have I argued anything about Ottawa, I havent cause I understand the sport unlike a few on here.
    You still don't get it. Nobody said Ottawa was the ultimate in class. What we did say was that so far in this series your Habs have lacked class. As someone has mentioned before stop defending your Habs by pinpointing the mistakes of other teams. It doesn't make it right for your team to do it just because sometime in the past other teams did the same thing.

Your team couldn't handle Ottawa's physicality in Game 3 and buckled under the pressure. The smallish guys (Plekanec, Desharnais, Gionta) disappeared and the bigger guys lost their composure. Get ready for Ottawa to bring the same intensity tonight. We shall see how the Habs respond this time.

I fully agree with your last statement, and dont say what we said cause look at the post above you, and no I havent once defended what Montreal as done, and not once did I point to anything Ottawa did cause I know hockey its a dirty sport now being played by a bunch of punks and I mean that across the board, rookies use to be 24-25 yrs old, now their 18-19-20 and they all think there superstars and most of them have 0 respect for each other.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Pesky Sens do it again!

Teams should have learned by now that you can't sit on 2-goal lead with half the game left to play against this team. A bit of a flukey goal to win it, but the Habs do not have the defence and goaltending to defend a 2-goal lead with half the game to play.

Those crazy habs fans need to learn to not sing the Ole song too early in the game. Listening to Therrien presser...i think he may cry this time. LOL

Are Habs fans allowed to whine about refs here now? Hmmm.... Good hockey game with a few key ref decisions that had huge impact... But that's hockey...

It's actually expected that hab fans will whine about the refs. Knock yourself out...its open mic night.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    no sense of urgency on the Sens part. i left after the 2nd period. losers
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Habs had a nice game plan for 2 periods and then went on the defensive in the 3rd , it's like a boxer ahead on points going rope a dope late in a fight, there's a good chance you going to get knocked out. I thought Z's goal should have been disallowed and with Price and Prust getting hurt ( Prust injury looks bad ) the Habs are on the ropes.
    Therrien needs to stop blaming everyone else and accept the responsibility he is the captain of the ship.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    I thought Z's goal should have been disallowed
    Hard to say. I thought he had kicked it in right when he scored but when rewound and watched it in slow motion afterwards, you could clearly see it hits his stick, twists it back, released to his foot then in. The only question is whether it was a kicking motion but he was already in that position trying to stop himself, the puck was just moving to fast for him to control it on his stick. It twisted his stick backwards, deflected off his foot and into the net.

I wasn't sure if it was going to be allowed or not - I think it could have easily gone either way. Good call for a Sens fan, poor one for a Habs fan. Win/Lose situation either way.

The goal or non-goal decision has so much to do with the call on the ice. If the call on the ice was no-goal, I am pretty sure it would have stayed as no-goal. In those cases, it is so difficult to overturn a call. When is the last time you saw someone actually "kick" a puck in? It is easy to deflect or directa puck without kicking at all. Think of it this way, if there was puck sitting in the crease and a player with no stick skated full speed and by stopping in front of the net his skate pushed the puck in, would it count? There would be no kicking motion at all...

Habs played well, Sens played well enough to win. Some iffy calls for sure, some missed calls and some Habs players who did not get enough ice time along with lots of injuries makes it tough for the next one for the Habs.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    no sense of urgency on the Sens part. i left after the 2nd period. losers
    You would rather have them panic and freak out like Subban?
    The Sens won the game. You actually left a playoff game?
    Strange.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

The goal , was a 50/50 call , in this case it went to the Sens , and they rallied from that point onwards .
    I personally thought that they would call it as a no goal ,and after watching it a few times , It still could have been called either way IMO.
    With the potential loss of Price , and a few others , It's gonna be real tough for the Habs to do anything else in this series

Thread Information