CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Habs vs Sens

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Ottawa gets 6'4" Gryba back for game 4... PK wanna dance?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    My favourite was when the Habs were on the PP, Sens player had lost his stick, so he tried to shadow Subban... He skated around with him, tugging at him, holding him and at one point pulling his shirt... Not sure what the refs were watching at that point.

Smith crosschecked White and White swung back... Then Cowan came flying in to fight Smith's battle.

Both teams were very chippy last night. There was tons of stickwork and not everyone wants to fight and guess what? Nobody has to fight.

And in terms of the Post game interviews, maybe you should listen to the entire press conference. Habs players were not at all happy with MaClean, but they are letting Therrien handle that battle.

If the habs just stick to a fast paced, skill game and avoid all the crap, AND Price plays well, they should win no problem. Last night Price didn't make the key saves and then it went downhill.

It's just one game. It's over. Next one is Tuesday.

A lot of the Habs late game reactions were due to things from early on in the game. There was a lot of crap before the brawl so emotions boiled over.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    you had to know that something was going to happen after the Turris goal , just check who was on the ice for the puck drop.
    Gryba coming back will make it even more intense ( will the Habs respond to the check on Eller or focus on playing hockey ?)
    Did Latendresse get the point ? ( don't pass on an invitaiton to rumble ).

This series could be the start of another great rivalry ( ie Habs Nordiques from the 80's)

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Where are all those math geniuses who said Ottawa would have trouble scoring???

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    My favourite was when the Habs were on the PP, Sens player had lost his stick, so he tried to shadow Subban... He skated around with him, tugging at him, holding him and at one point pulling his shirt... Not sure what the refs were watching at that point.

Smith crosschecked White and White swung back... Then Cowan came flying in to fight Smith's battle.

Both teams were very chippy last night. There was tons of stickwork and not everyone wants to fight and guess what? Nobody has to fight.

And in terms of the Post game interviews, maybe you should listen to the entire press conference. Habs players were not at all happy with MaClean, but they are letting Therrien handle that battle.

If the habs just stick to a fast paced, skill game and avoid all the crap, AND Price plays well, they should win no problem. Last night Price didn't make the key saves and then it went downhill.

It's just one game. It's over. Next one is Tuesday.

A lot of the Habs late game reactions were due to things from early on in the game. There was a lot of crap before the brawl so emotions boiled over.
    Seriously? Tugging at a jersey? Chippy play? Therrien has a history of starting bs like what went on last night. If Shanahan is serious about protecting the players Prust and Bourque should sit at least a game each. At least Gryba wasn't trying to injure Eller....the same can't be said for those two.

And if by crap you mean goal after goal after goal by the Sens, the Habs need to suck it up!

I keep reading and reading and not one article mentions Smith's cross check as the start of the brawl...it must have been a chippy play.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

You do realize the brawl and all the crap started from a Zach Smith cross check right?
    Subban was very frustrated after all the crap all game including a cross check to the face to start the game... And he lost it.... Oh well...
    You do realize you're the only one with this opinion right? Stop trying to find excuses for why your team acted like a bunch of bafoons. It's on them.....they poked the bear and the bear bit back.

Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    You do realize you're the only one with this opinion right? Stop trying to find excuses for why your team acted like a bunch of bafoons. It's on them.....they poked the bear and the bear bit back.

The bear didn't bite back, it mauled!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Subban is going to have to answer for his sins before this series is over. Punching Turris while he lay face up on the ice is disgraceful. Rene Bourque is likely another one who will have to drop the gloves if he keeps cheap shotting the way he does.

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    Subban is already sorry for his game. Not to the sens but he was the catalyst to the self destruction. If that was a sen, regardless fo who id say bench him. I know you can't but man, did he ever unravel his team. Careless attempts to hit that missed horribly. Lazy shifts. Mouthing his own team. Attacking a player he out weighs by a large margin. Sad to see a player of his natural talent play such a poor game.

Go sens go but c'mon habs lets get back on track for a kick ass series that goes deep. While id love to win in 5 just to go on to the 2nd round, id prefer to see a well played series.

Oh and side note, can the reffing get any worse? Most of things they should call for un-called and then they call silly penalties both ways.

the Montreal press is ripping the Habs antics last night, expect a very high tempo game on Tuesday. There is alot of pride at stake, everythng Therrien gained this year could go down the drain quickly if the Habs bow out early and ugly.

Kudo's to Paul MacLean he has his team in the right mindset.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    The sens kept playing a physical game that was obviously throwing off the habs. Once the score was out of reach, instead of being professionals, they started throwing elbows and punches. Subban dove all over the ice and frankly it was embarrassing for the sport. Other habs players throwing their sticks as if they got their arms blown off by shotguns when a sens player touched them, just to try and draw penalties. Good coaching by the big mouth coach, Therrien.
    Last edited by HoganWoods; 05-06-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    I hope PK knows what everyone else knows... he will be at the Sens the center of attention tomorrow night. I think he lead the team to their spiral downfall last night, and after the gutless attack he laid on Turris after all the big guys were sent to the locker... classless. I don't think the Sens need to drop gloves with PK on Tuesday, they just need to rattle him a little, let him know they're thinking about him. That will be enough to get PK to a point where he will bring down the rest of the team - just has he did on Sunday.

As for the brawl - Sens have last change, so the Habs put those guys on the ice first... you can't blame the Sens for that war, they just came prepared.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    I love how fans throw the word "classless" around like it means something in hockey, I dont rememember a cup being won on class, Bruins, Detroit, Avalanche yeah they were real "classy" teams. Ottawa was just as bad as Montreal, but its easier to pick on Subban, cause you know he's a **.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    I love how fans throw the word "classless" around like it means something in hockey, I dont rememember a cup being won on class, Bruins, Detroit, Avalanche yeah they were real "classy" teams. Ottawa was just as bad as Montreal, but its easier to pick on Subban, cause you know he's a **.
    Ottawa was just as bad as Montreal? Really? what game were you watching?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    What do people expect? Hab fans to come in here and throw in the towel? Facts are hard to accept in a heated series such as this. I still think Gyba's hit was the cleanest hit in the series but he was suspended. So maybe the hab fans are on to something with Ottawa was the dirty team. Maybe they started all the festivities last night. Maybe pigs can fly?

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Players have codes they all follow (with exception of a few). Those that don't follow those codes are classless. Beating up on someone like Turris (both the fact he did it and kept doing it after Turris was on the ice) is indeed classless. I'm sure PK would have turtled then went home crying if someone like Kassian or Neil were to do to him what he did to Turris.

Quote Originally Posted by jterpstr View Post
    Players have codes they all follow (with exception of a few). Those that don't follow those codes are classless. Beating up on someone like Turris (both the fact he did it and kept doing it after Turris was on the ice) is indeed classless. I'm sure PK would have turtled then went home crying if someone like Kassian or Neil were to do to him what he did to Turris.
    I dont even know what to say, this thing Ottawa is doing with the media as been going on for years, but I dont expect many on here to understand since most of you's have only been following hockey for a couple years. Grybas hit was completely clean btw. You guys just point to things Montreal did, but cant look in the mirror for the things Ottawa did, do I think they were bad, yep but just about anything goes come playoff times, but again I dont expect Sens Fans to understand that, go look at media clippings from the Vancouver-Boston final 2 yrs ago.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I dont even know what to say, this thing Ottawa is doing with the media as been going on for years, but I dont expect many on here to understand since most of you's have only been following hockey for a couple years. Grybas hit was completely clean btw. You guys just point to things Montreal did, but cant look in the mirror for the things Ottawa did, do I think they were bad, yep but just about anything goes come playoff times, but again I dont expect Sens Fans to understand that, go look at media clippings from the Vancouver-Boston final 2 yrs ago.
    I'm not even sure what you are talking about. what thing with the media? I think I am pretty objective and I'm not sure where you think people talking about the Sens have only been following hockey for a few years. I've been following it for 40+ years. The Habs were the disgrace last night and I can point to many incidents initiated by them. Go watch the TSN highlights and tell me how many incidents they show that the Habs started vs the Sens.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Agreed Jeff. Ridiculous statement and yes the habs were without any kind of class. And paid for it. Go. Sens. Go.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Follwing hockey for a couple years? Ignorant much???

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. The League has basically given the ok to throw elbows at player's heads but don't dare throw a big hit!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The NHL seems to ad lib its interpretations and enforcement of the rules. I'll never figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. The League has basically given the ok to throw elbows at player's heads but don't dare throw a big hit!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

I'm glad Sens fans can admit that Condra's cross check to Subban's head was worth a suspension...
    White was injured and was looking for trouble and Zach Smiths cross check was all he needed to lose it!
    I like how you all say the Habs media is all over them for their lack of class but clearly you don't actually listen to Montreal radio and read the Montreal papers.
    Bourque took cheap shots. Subban went after Turris. Gallagher went after Conacher... White slashed Smith. All of this was in retaliation once the score was out of hand.
    Suck it up Sens fans....

I'm glad Sens fans can admit that Condra's cross check to Subban's head was worth a suspension...
    White was injured and was looking for trouble and Zach Smiths cross check was all he needed to lose it!
    I like how you all say the Habs media is all over them for their lack of class but clearly you don't actually listen to Montreal radio and read the Montreal papers.
    Bourque took cheap shots. Subban went after Turris. Gallagher went after Conacher... White slashed Smith. All of this was in retaliation once the score was out of hand.
    Suck it up Sens fans....
    There is being a fan and there is being blind. The Habs banged the Sens around the rink on Sat and won. The Sens turned the tables on them last night and the Habs couldn't handle it so they turn to bush league tactics. Everyone else in the hockey universe saw what happened yet you still make excuses. So if the Sens blow it open again tomorrow night you are saying we should expect the same antics and it is ok to play that way?

being an ex-Montrealer I read the Gazette daily and I can assure you the press was ripping the Habs antics , go online and read the sports section from yesterday for yourself. The next few games should be entertaining.
    Last edited by cleek; 05-07-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: .

Every morning I hear the same 5 guys discuss hockey and you know whats sad not 1 of them as their own opinion, they just all repeat what was said discussed on Team 1200, I passed a note to another co worker yesterday knowing full well what they we're gonna talk about, thats Ottawa for you, nobody forms an opinion of their own, just regurgitate what they hear. 6 months ago we were all calling these guys disrespectful, "classless" or whatever word you want to use, during the lockout, now your telling me these guys are "classy" and are supposed to respect each other, please.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Good lord you guys are in babies.

Ok Sens fans... Did Condra cross check Subban in the head? YES or NO
    Did Zac Smith cross check Ryan White directly after the face-off while White was turning away? YES or NO?

My point is, when a game gets out of hand, players will take that opportunity to get even...

I listen to TSN Montreal Radio all day and they liked the way Therrien handled the post game interviews. They also understand why all the chaos happened and the fact is, it's just one game, and it's over with now.

The Habs didn't play their style of game and hopefully learned their lesson. They outplayed the Sens in the first 2 games but only got a split. The Sens got Montreal off their game in Game 3 and it cost the Habs big time.

All the crap between coaches is meaningless.

And I love how the Ottawa media and CBC media make such a big deal about Subban "arguing" with Pacioretty and blah blah blah... The fact is, players argue a lot, players swear at each other a lot, players get angry with each other. It's no big deal and Subban and Pacio could care less about stuff like that.

I am a huge Habs fan, AND I also think Alfie is an amazing player and great part of the Sens history. BUT even he has made some mistakes in th past that were considered classless... Mocking Sundin with fake stick throw, shooting puck at opponent... So for Sens fans to say Habs players showed no class, that is fine, but look at your own team also. Stuff happens in the heat of the moment and we move on...

So I am waiting for an honest Sens fan to admit that if Bourque deserved a suspension for a head shot, then Condra also deserved the same fate... I think they both did.

Ok Sens fans... Did Condra cross check Subban in the head? YES or NO
    Did Zac Smith cross check Ryan White directly after the face-off while White was turning away? YES or NO?

My point is, when a game gets out of hand, players will take that opportunity to get even...

I listen to TSN Montreal Radio all day and they liked the way Therrien handled the post game interviews. They also understand why all the chaos happened and the fact is, it's just one game, and it's over with now.

The Habs didn't play their style of game and hopefully learned their lesson. They outplayed the Sens in the first 2 games but only got a split. The Sens got Montreal off their game in Game 3 and it cost the Habs big time.

All the crap between coaches is meaningless.

And I love how the Ottawa media and CBC media make such a big deal about Subban "arguing" with Pacioretty and blah blah blah... The fact is, players argue a lot, players swear at each other a lot, players get angry with each other. It's no big deal and Subban and Pacio could care less about stuff like that.

I am a huge Habs fan, AND I also think Alfie is an amazing player and great part of the Sens history. BUT even he has made some mistakes in th past that were considered classless... Mocking Sundin with fake stick throw, shooting puck at opponent... So for Sens fans to say Habs players showed no class, that is fine, but look at your own team also. Stuff happens in the heat of the moment and we move on...

So I am waiting for an honest Sens fan to admit that if Bourque deserved a suspension for a head shot, then Condra also deserved the same fate... I think they both did.
    Well said man.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    There is chipiness on both sides, I grew up a Habs fan and have been a Sens fan since they returned to the league. I can honestly say that Montreal let their emotions get away and it showed on their actions and although both sides were loose with the lumber the Habs were trying to take liberties and paid with a game. That is the ultimate price and that is squarely on the coach. Therien has been better than his old reputation of being reactionary but he has a lot of work to do. He has to stay away from sending his tough guys out there to get pounded and get back to his team playing the style they need to play to win. The Sens will not change how they play so it will be a very good next few games. All that being said, if Price keeps playing crappy, Sens win.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information