CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Habs vs Sens

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar

Habs vs Sens

Let the bashing begin.

Me think this will be an interesting series. With Karlson back in this it will be an exciting matchup. Both teams have arguably the two best offensive D’s in the league right now. These are two fast teams so the pace should be exciting to watch.

Habs in 6.

Go Habs Go!!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Sens in 4. Price will crumble under the boos of his own home crowd.

A box of new ProV1's on that prediction?

I'll wager a box of PROV1s on a win, but not on a sweep.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Sens are actually healthy now (other than Spezza) and Habs are back to being healthy also (other than Emelin).
    Spezza is obviously a big loss for scoring, but Emelin is also a big loss for the Habs.
    It will come down to goaltending, officiating and scoring the first goal in each game.
    Habs have VERY balanced scoring with 8 players scoring 10 or more goals and goals come from 3 of 4 lines.
    If the refs call the penalties the way they should, the Habs should get lots of powerplays.
    I think it will be the Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher line that will win the series for the Habs.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    The series hasn't even started and the Habs fans are talking about the refs and officiating. Let the excuses begin...

Sens in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    The series hasn't even started and the Habs fans are talking about the refs and officiating. Let the excuses begin...

Sens in 6.
    I was thinking the same thing. It's as if habs fans believe they are the only team that gets bad calls.

That's funny, not sure where I said the Habs get all the bad calls... I guess Sens fans are a bit slow...
    My point was that IF the refs call the games the way they have all season, the Habs will get a lot of PP.
    If they let all the crap go, then the Sens will have an edge.
    So maybe you can point out where I said the Habs are theonly team that gets bad calls? Oy maybe you can show me where I mentioned "bad calls" anywhere in my post...
    Thanks for reading...

Did you forget your vicodin this morning? Maybe the refs stole your bottle...

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Habs and Sens supporters are now arguing about grammar... WOW what an exciting series this will be

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    Wow. Habs (hockey paranoia runs rampant in la belle province?) have a habit of complaining about the officiating (whether true or false)? What's new? Ask Don Cherry.

Habs to weep, Sens to sweep.

BTW What's Leafs fans doing down here?
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    That's funny, not sure where I said the Habs get all the bad calls... I guess Sens fans are a bit slow...
    My point was that IF the refs call the games the way they have all season, the Habs will get a lot of PP.
    If they let all the crap go, then the Sens will have an edge.
    So maybe you can point out where I said the Habs are theonly team that gets bad calls? Oy maybe you can show me where I mentioned "bad calls" anywhere in my post...
    Thanks for reading...
    The point is, you're already preparing an excuse for your team if they lose. Must be the refs! Don't you have confidence in your team to beat the Sens? It's playoffs not the regular season so your team needs to be ready to play regardless of how the refs will call the game. Suck it up buttercup. Sens for the Win!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Sens in 6.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Championship Cup leftygolfguy is on a distinguished road
    I have tickets for game 3, which should be fun... the atmosphere will be cool in Montreawa.

Not sure who will be the "home team" though. Guess it beats having playoff games in Toronawa though....

I keed. I keed.

In all seriousness though, I don't think golfisforfun is making an excuse- it seems like a logical argument. The second place team is a small but skilled team, and the 7th place team plays on the edge most of the time.

If the Habs lose its highly likely it will be related to the officiating. If the Sens lose, same thing.

In most series the officiating plays a big role, and this series seems more likely than most to be impacted by the strictness of officiating, no?

While I disagree with the concept that its even remotely possible to say how a game "should be officiated" in today's NHL, if you allow your preference to define the type of refereeing then the statement is valid.

Kinda like, if Matt Cooke could write better, he would be a better journalist than Brennan. That's a fair statement if in your interpretation of the term "better" you mean "at all."

My prediction: neither team makes the conference final.
    Last edited by leftygolfguy; 04-29-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Some of the back and forth in this thread is pure hilarity, you guys come across like you are 6 years old.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Got tickets to Game 2 in Montreal... Gonna be LOUD at the Bell Centre!
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Bouche
    Habs in 5.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Im going to stay out of this thread.

Me think this series will be decided by goaltending. Will Price bounce back from a horrendous end of season and keep cool at the start of the game? Will Anderson crumble under pressure or continue playing great as he did before his injury? It’s going to be a nervous start for both teams.
    MTL does have a great PP but the Sens have the best PK in the league if I recall correctly. Witch special teams will dominate in the series?

If the wheels are on and the defensive what is there as it was during the season, it’s the Habs all the way. No contest.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Me think this series will be decided by goaltending. Will Price bounce back from a horrendous end of season and keep cool at the start of the game? Will Anderson crumble under pressure or continue playing great as he did before his injury? It’s going to be a nervous start for both teams.
    MTL does have a great PP but the Sens have the best PK in the league if I recall correctly. Witch special teams will dominate in the series?

If the wheels are on and the defensive what is there as it was during the season, it’s the Habs all the way. No contest.
    Any chance for simultaneous translation??

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    You cant be serious. Emelin is barely an NHL player and Spezza ia a point per game career player. Rose colored glasses I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Sens are actually healthy now (other than Spezza) and Habs are back to being healthy also (other than Emelin).
    Spezza is obviously a big loss for scoring, but Emelin is also a big loss for the Habs.
    It will come down to goaltending, officiating and scoring the first goal in each game.
    Habs have VERY balanced scoring with 8 players scoring 10 or more goals and goals come from 3 of 4 lines.
    If the refs call the penalties the way they should, the Habs should get lots of powerplays.
    I think it will be the Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher line that will win the series for the Habs.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post
    You cant be serious. Emelin is barely an NHL player and Spezza ia a point per game career player. Rose colored glasses I guess.
    What Emelin brings to the habs is just as invaluable as what Spezza does for Ottawa when you take into account the role they play, you need Spezza's scoring and we need Emelins hard nose approach to the game, nobody else is capable of filling that role for Montreal, just like no one can fill Spezza's role for Ottawa. Now Golfer100 your real classy, how bout we start making fun of you for how horrible of a golfer you are.

I am a Habs fan and am not making excuses already... Emelin is a BIG loss for the Habs but I don't expect Sens fans to understand that.

Am I confident in my team? YES, but these teams are very closely matched now that Karlsson and Cowan are back and healthy.

Habs have much better depth up front in terms of scoring but the Sens have a much younger, bigger defence.

The 7 games in 11 night potential could be very tough on someone like Markov who no longer has Emelin there to cover for him.

People who say Emelin is "barely an NHL player" don't really understand hockey or maybe they just have not seen him play enough.

Spezaa is a huge loss for the Sens because they clearly lack offensive talent without him.

There are lots of good storylines this year. Habs have several players making playoff debuts just like the Sens.

Can Price finally step up?

Can Anderson keep up the amazing play?

Can Latendresse learn how to skate?

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    What Emelin brings to the habs is just as invaluable as what Spezza does for Ottawa when you take into account the role they play, you need Spezza's scoring and we need Emelins hard nose approach to the game, nobody else is capable of filling that role for Montreal, just like no one can fill Spezza's role for Ottawa. Now Golfer100 your real classy, how bout we start making fun of you for how horrible of a golfer you are.
    Who is on Ottawa's top PP line?

I doubt they have the Offense to make it past the first round. I understand that Ottawa has been registering a high amount of shots but the outcome has not been in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    Any chance for simultaneous translation??
    C'mon! Did you really not understand what he was saying? At least he didn't post goalie stats and read them all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Who is on Ottawa's top PP line?

I doubt they have the Offense to make it past the first round. I understand that Ottawa has been registering a high amount of shots but the outcome has not been in their favor.
    Karlsson is . The kid makes things happen. Something Ottawa has been missing since he went down almost 3 months ago.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    Karlsson is . The kid makes things happen. Something Ottawa has been missing since he went down almost 3 months ago.

I wouldn't want to depend on one player. That is why I asked who else is on the top PP line. You don't have the forwards to score goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    I wouldn't want to depend on one player. That is why I asked who else is on the top PP line. You don't have the forwards to score goals.
    Sens scored enough goals to finish 7 points back of the Habs. I wouldn't worry too much about Ottawa's goal scoring. Who's going to stop the puck for MTL if Carey can't get the job done? He was mighty shakey down the stretch.

Bouche
    That's the thing.....Sens didn't score enough goals. You almost missed the playoffs and out of the 16 teams that did make the playoffs, the Sens have the lowest total goals with 116. I know they finished 7 points back but that doesn't really provide any support to what I was asking.

The objective in hockey is to put the puck in the net. Is Emelin a big loss? Of course. But don't compare him to the loss of Spezza, that's just plain delusional. It's not even close to the same thing. Go to the AHL and pickup another goon, they grow on trees there.

Thread Information